Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 6 Feb 20, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Itinerary-going in circles!

Hi
Although not a first timer, this is out first split stay, our first time on site with DDP, and only five days on site although in Florida for three weeks with a 21 day ticket.

We go in August, I know the weather will be hot, hot, hot and I know its highly likely it will rain heavily in the afternoon. My children will not manage full park days. We will use DAS as and when needed for our dd. We will need chill times/sensory breaks for DD and our son has zero stamina when its hot!

So please can someone tell me what you think of our plan, as its adr day on Saturday.

Day 1: Arrive at pofq on Thur 6th August-probably QS meal (QS1) and pool. My DH thinks we will go to Disney springs but I know the children will be wrecks!
Day 2, Fri 7th: MK (EMH) eat at Crystal palace (TS1)for a late breakfast, then back to the pool and evening at Disney springs, QS (2) meal somewhere!
Day 3, Sat 8th: AK, early lunch at Tuskers house (TS2), Pool then MK for fireworks (QS3 meal somewhere at MK)
Day 4 Sun 9th-was planned for HS but ive been told to avoid it at weekend as it will be so busy? what do you think? If not head to Epcot, back to hotel then uber to 1900 PF for dinner (TS3)
Day 5 Mon 10th, MK BOG breakfast, pool then Fort Wilderness story book dining (TS4)
Day 6 Tue 11th Aug, Check out, move to a villa but Epcot in morning, husband will collect the car. I'll keep the kids with me. All have breakfast at either O'hana or Garden Grill (TS5)
Move to villa-head to shops and eat in the villa

Once in villa im not sure how to sort our days so we have chill time, not spending a fortune on parking in the parks. How would you do it?

Day 7 wed 12th: Chill at villa (in High gate park so new area for us) Maybe head to a mall ASD daughter so need to accustom her to the new villa.

Day 8 Thur 13th, Typhoon Lagoon then Disney springs then eat out locally

day 9. Fri 14th: Animal Kingdom

day 10, sat 15th, Hollywood studios

day 11, Sunday 16th shopping, pool, possibly epcot in evening for fireworks

day 12, Mon 17th, universal/IOA-staying at RPR

day 13, Tue 18th, Universal/IOA-staying at RPR

day 14, Wed 19th, Volcano Bay, check out

Day 15, Thur 20th rest day, possibly HS for fireworks in evening

day 16, Fri 21st, Blizzard Beach or TL

Day 17, sat 22nd SeaWorld

Day 18, sun 23rd, Animal kingdom

Day 19, Mon 24th Hollywood studios

Day 20. Tue 25th Possibly mnsshp if not done previously

day 21, Wed 26th Kids choice-probably pick US/IOA

day 22, Fly home at 18.55, Disney springs bag drop, not sure what to do for the rest of the day?

thanks
TC x
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

I’m not sure how old your kids are, but I wondered about doing MK fireworks on day 3, if they are younger they might struggle with the late night early on.

Also when you are offsite I would try to do fireworks on days you have already been in a park in the morning to avoid paying parking just for fireworks

On day 5, I would try to get an early Garden Grill pre park opening so that you can get on Soarin after
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We've done a split stay a couple of times, and I aim to do MK a few times while onsite, as it's so-o much easier to get to using the buses, than it is to drive there. So at least 2 half days and a nighttime visit for the fireworks, which it looks like you've done.

Day 4 is EMH at HS, so as long as you're going early to use them and leaving around lunchtime, it's a great idea.

Day 5 storybook dining is at Wilderness lodge, not Fort Wilderness! Don't go to the wrong resort.

Day 6 I would go for garden grill, as the poster above suggests, too.

I like to eat a breakfast and a lunch at BOG and a meal at DS / Wolfgang Puck Express as they are QS meals that I would never pay oop for! Also the Pizzafari family style meal looks like a good one too.

Have a great trip.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
I’m not sure how old your kids are, but I wondered about doing MK fireworks on day 3, if they are younger they might struggle with the late night early on.

Also when you are offsite I would try to do fireworks on days you have already been in a park in the morning to avoid paying parking just for fireworks

On day 5, I would try to get an early Garden Grill pre park opening so that you can get on Soarin after
They will be 6 and 9. On Epcot day I’m not sure it will be an early one as it’s our checkout day and I’ll have both children on my own whilst DH collects the car. He wants to do this alone. Check out the villa and then collect us from the hotel. Think he wants to get used to driving out there without excitable angsty children!
Last time my son refused Soarin, daughter refused test track so will be an interesting morning 😬
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We've just booked an early lunch at Tusker House on the same day as you. Ours is at 11am. I wonder if we can manage to say hi 🙂