Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 2 Oct 20, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Alamo on I-Drive

Looking to book the car for '21 for our Keys road-trip now I've got my refund from the '20 trip that-was-not.

Pick-up Port Canaveral following our cruise, but we're looking to drop-off on I-Drive when we're there for a few days.

Google, and most car rental search engines show Alamo as having a depot at the Four Points by Sheraton, at the top of I-Drive; Virgin/Alamo has a "Sheraton Studios, I-Drive"... is this the same place?
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

They both come up as the same address’on I drive 5906 I’m sure
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Yes, although you won't be able to book the location as its currently closed due to CV and not accepting new bookings. Once the location reopens, hopefully early next year, then you'll be able to book it.

(edit... Ignore above. Looks like Alamo have updated their systems and now allow you to book locations which they currently have closed due to CV)

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk

Edited at 12:31 PM.
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 20, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Thanks all.

Virgin have pickup at Port Canaveral with dropoff on I-Drive (Sheraton), luxury saloon at £302 or full size SUV at £379... (16 thru 23 August '21). Thinking the SUV will give the greater chance of Americana.

I imagine they're offering that booking at risk/in anticipation of things being more normal by next August.

Looking at the Alamo US site, it has prices of $2,200 for the SUV!?!

Andy, do you offer a two driver package?
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 20, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by IndianaMac View Post
Thanks all.

Virgin have pickup at Port Canaveral with dropoff on I-Drive (Sheraton), luxury saloon at £302 or full size SUV at £379... (16 thru 23 August '21). Thinking the SUV will give the greater chance of Americana.

I imagine they're offering that booking at risk/in anticipation of things being more normal by next August.

Looking at the Alamo US site, it has prices of $2,200 for the SUV!?!

Andy sometimes does a 2 driver quote from his offline prices. I suspect he will pop on soon.

Mind you sometimes his 4 driver prices are better than some suppliers 1 driver price so worth checking.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 08:51 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 20, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

I'll have to get back to you on Monday as I need to check with my supplier... The £379 is a good price on the full size SUV.

I'm of the understanding that Alamo include spouse as an additional driver as standard now. When you complete the online check in theres a section titled 'Policies' on the right hand side. Under the 'Additional Driver' section it states "Renter’s spouse or domestic partner who meet the same age and driver’s license requirements of the renter are authorized drivers at no additional charge.". I checked with a manager at MCO, another manager at the DCCC and through the Alamo FB page and all stated a spouse is included... Just a bit reluctant to openly advertise it until its been tested out as its not something on the terms I have with Alamo.

DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

I can match the £379 on the full size SUV with Alamo with 2 drivers but nothing cheaper at the moment unfortunately.

Old 5 Oct 20, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
I can match the £379 on the full size SUV with Alamo with 2 drivers but nothing cheaper at the moment unfortunately.
Cheers Andy - how would I book, website not returning results at the mo?
Old 5 Oct 20, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Cheers Andy - how would I book, website not returning results at the mo?
If you're ok to drop me a quick email / message through my website, I'll send you the link to the booking form and then I'll get it sorted for you.