Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12 Oct 20, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
#1
LDISNEYFOX
Imagineer
 
LDISNEYFOX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 09
Anyone Else Booked for Disneyland early 2021

Getting very nervous now about our surprise trip which I canít see happening!

We are booked for 18 March and just donít know our chances! Anyone else booked for early 2021 ?
__________________

2012 WDW Mom's Panel Search Finalist
Sheraton Safari Jan 05 & Feb 08
Disney Port Orleans Nov 06, Jan 10, May 11, June 12, Oct 13, July 15, Aug 15, Nov 15, Feb 16, Aug 16 and Dec 17
LDISNEYFOX is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
#2
Willeve
Imagineer
 
Willeve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 09
Iíve book Vegas for Easter, just keeping my fingers crossed.
Willeve is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
#3
mason1
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Feb 12

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Weíre booked to go 2 April. As each week passes, I get less optimistic of it happening. We are also due to go to New York on 28 December - will probably pull the plug on that one in the next few weeks.

Fortunately, both trips booked with BA, so will take a voucher for the deposits and see what later next year brings.
__________________
Got the Florida bug May 2012 villa at Sandy Ridge; May 2013 villa at Lake Berkley; May 2014 villa at Lake Berkley; August 2015 villa at Lake Berkley; May 2016 villa at Lake Berkley; October 2016 New York; August 2017 villa at Chatham Park; July/Aug 2018 villa at Chatham Park; Aug 2019 OKW & villa at Lake Berkley; Dec 2020 New York
mason1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
#4
Vertigo
Proud to wear my Ears
 
Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 18
Location: Kent
Interesting thread. We were due to go on the 24th of this month and we are strongly considering booking for easter instead.

But i was one of those that never thought our October trip would be cancelled. I just couldn't see it. How wrong was i?

We have priced up and have a holiday on hold with BA right this second for easter. Its actually a little cheaper than what we booked in October!

But even their book with confidence guarantee comes with strings and inconvenience - so i am reticent.

Even though i am am ultra optimistic person and think it will all be OK soon, (not getting in to personal views on Corona!) I was wrong before, so i am just so uncertain of pressing the button and booking.

So I understand your nervousness for March.
__________________
Pre Trip Report2020: The OMG i'm 50, Start the Bucket List! Los Angeles Pre Trippie. https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...1#post14236631
Vertigo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
#5
LDISNEYFOX
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
LDISNEYFOX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 09
Originally Posted by Willeve View Post
Iíve book Vegas for Easter, just keeping my fingers crossed.
Fingers crossed by April it will be more under control.
__________________

2012 WDW Mom's Panel Search Finalist
Sheraton Safari Jan 05 & Feb 08
Disney Port Orleans Nov 06, Jan 10, May 11, June 12, Oct 13, July 15, Aug 15, Nov 15, Feb 16, Aug 16 and Dec 17
LDISNEYFOX is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
#6
LDISNEYFOX
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
LDISNEYFOX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 09
Originally Posted by mason1 View Post
Weíre booked to go 2 April. As each week passes, I get less optimistic of it happening. We are also due to go to New York on 28 December - will probably pull the plug on that one in the next few weeks.

Fortunately, both trips booked with BA, so will take a voucher for the deposits and see what later next year brings.
Yes I am booked for March 14th and can see us betting vouchers too. Want to reschedule for October for there are no dates out yet!
__________________

2012 WDW Mom's Panel Search Finalist
Sheraton Safari Jan 05 & Feb 08
Disney Port Orleans Nov 06, Jan 10, May 11, June 12, Oct 13, July 15, Aug 15, Nov 15, Feb 16, Aug 16 and Dec 17
LDISNEYFOX is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
#7
LDISNEYFOX
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
LDISNEYFOX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 09
Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
Interesting thread. We were due to go on the 24th of this month and we are strongly considering booking for easter instead.

But i was one of those that never thought our October trip would be cancelled. I just couldn't see it. How wrong was i?

We have priced up and have a holiday on hold with BA right this second for easter. Its actually a little cheaper than what we booked in October!

But even their book with confidence guarantee comes with strings and inconvenience - so i am reticent.

Even though i am am ultra optimistic person and think it will all be OK soon, (not getting in to personal views on Corona!) I was wrong before, so i am just so uncertain of pressing the button and booking.

So I understand your nervousness for March.
Iím not sure how the vouchers work with BA so I hope any strings attached donít cost us! I canít see March happening, but because if travel restrictions but because Disneyland will only accommodate American citizens in?

Already rescheduled once and I really thought pushing it forward a year it would all be fine!
__________________

2012 WDW Mom's Panel Search Finalist
Sheraton Safari Jan 05 & Feb 08
Disney Port Orleans Nov 06, Jan 10, May 11, June 12, Oct 13, July 15, Aug 15, Nov 15, Feb 16, Aug 16 and Dec 17
LDISNEYFOX is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
#8
Beth_Disney
VIP Dibber
 
Beth_Disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 14
Location: West Midlands

Beth_Disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We're booked to go to Vegas over New Year and LA/Disneyland in February. I would prefer for BA to cancel so I can request a refund but if not I'll take the voucher to use later in the year.

I can't see either trip going ahead though. Vegas is quite expensive so I don't really want to spend that amount of money for a lesser experience.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
#9
Vertigo
Proud to wear my Ears
 
Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 18
Location: Kent
Originally Posted by LDISNEYFOX View Post
Iím not sure how the vouchers work with BA so I hope any strings attached donít cost us! I canít see March happening, but because if travel restrictions but because Disneyland will only accommodate American citizens in?

Already rescheduled once and I really thought pushing it forward a year it would all be fine!
exactly - its the unknown isn't it? Even if we are allowed back in to the USA and Disney, warner/universal re-open - what restrictions will be in place?

With BA - they seem clear and fair but my real fear is when restrictions are lifted, prices will rocket and you are trapped using BA because you have a voucher.
__________________
Pre Trip Report2020: The OMG i'm 50, Start the Bucket List! Los Angeles Pre Trippie. https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...1#post14236631
Vertigo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
#10
minnie52
Excited about Disney
 
minnie52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 15
We are booked for February - I am less hopeful every day that it will be happening.

We have booked a flydrive with Virgin (rescheduled from another cancelled trip) so we can change it but we would want to change to end of next year so hoping once flight prices come out for then, fly drive prices might drop.

Even if borders are open, who knows what restrictions will remain in place in California, maybe I'd be best to bite the bullet and change.
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Disney Park Tickets
On 20th November 4:14pm
Park Hopper Option Returns to Walt Disney World Resort on Jan. 1, 2021As the phased reopening of Walt... Read More »
Posted in epcot
On 20th November 11:29am
As part of the D23 Fantastic Worlds Celebration, Disney shared details about the historic transformation... Read More »
Posted in Walt Disney World
On 27th October 3:18pm
Walt Disney World has announced that their entrance gateways to Walt Disney World are about... Read More »

theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.3320
CaxtonFX  $1.3246
Covent Garden FX  $1.3480
FAIRFX  $1.3275
John Lewis  $1.3366
M&S  $1.3113
Post Office  $1.3101
Sainsburys  $1.3291
TESCO  $1.3313
Travelex  $1.3258
Updated: 15:00 16/01/2021
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.0998
CaxtonFX  €1.0965
Covent Garden FX  €1.1130
FAIRFX  €1.0985
John Lewis  €1.1048
M&S  €1.0842
Post Office  €1.0838
Sainsburys  €1.0983
TESCO  €1.0993
Travelex  €1.0971
Updated: 15:00 16/01/2021

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now