Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Oct 20, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Originally Posted by catlady View Post
Aww! I know you would and I wish you did have her!

Just to update you all on the current situation! She is currently still with us hiding out! The owner has been told she was let go again, but told where ie the street. She posted again over the weekend that the cat was still missing, but used the photo my son's friend took? She also replied to a question about speaking to vets, by saying she had called them all? I called every vet listed online last Wednesday and left my details so if she had she would have got my name?

There has been no leaflets or posters put up around where they found her? I believe she hasn't posted more photos online because she only has those other ones she sent us with her kittens? She put online that the cat isn't spayed or chipped because of covid, but we obviously know she had kittens 6 months ago!

I'm still not sure what to do about her, I swing backwards and forwards! We are trying to find out a bit more about the situation? Meanwhile I'm getting on top of the fleas, and she is putting on a bit of weight . She is getting more friendly, but isn't keen on our dogs, so managing that!

Thanks again everyone for your comments.
Thanks for the update. I'm pleased to hear that she is still hiding out safely with you. Especially with cold weather now, plus Halloween and the 5th Nov coming up. I'd hate to think of her outside anyway, but even more so with fireworks going off.

Our vets are still carrying out procedures, but with safe covid restrictions in place. So I don't believe the stuff about can't be chipped or spayed.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 20, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

We have a local cat missing for a week. The owners have posted on every local social media outlet, they have delivered flyers/posters on lamp posts/ walking the streets all hours . They asked my DH if he could check for a ginger cat in our back garden as they had seen one , We have a ginger cat. The look of sadness on their faces when it wasn't their's was heart breaking. Their kitten is chipped, neutered,wearing a collar & loads of pictures. They clearly love & care for Simba. The "owners" of your cat clearly don't. If your new friend didn't want to stay with you all hell would be happening.
What sadness that it was let out from yours & isn't it lovely that a dibber may have recently adopted a stray. Us dibbers will keep our lips tightly sealed.
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 20, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by catlady View Post
Aww! I know you would and I wish you did have her!

Just to update you all on the current situation! She is currently still with us hiding out! The owner has been told she was let go again, but told where ie the street. She posted again over the weekend that the cat was still missing, but used the photo my son's friend took? She also replied to a question about speaking to vets, by saying she had called them all? I called every vet listed online last Wednesday and left my details so if she had she would have got my name?

There has been no leaflets or posters put up around where they found her? I believe she hasn't posted more photos online because she only has those other ones she sent us with her kittens? She put online that the cat isn't spayed or chipped because of covid, but we obviously know she had kittens 6 months ago!

I'm still not sure what to do about her, I swing backwards and forwards! We are trying to find out a bit more about the situation? Meanwhile I'm getting on top of the fleas, and she is putting on a bit of weight . She is getting more friendly, but isn't keen on our dogs, so managing that!

Thanks again everyone for your comments.
It may be a leap here but I’m wondering if this woman is using her for breeding so she can sell the kittens.
I know with backyard dog breeders they’re not pets , just money makers so they don’t bother with chipping, flea and worming etc.. would also explain why she has very little photos as she’ll only take “cute”ones of the kittens when they’re born.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 20, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I'm with Storm on this - if it was my cat and I knew approximately where she was I would be knocking on doors. leaving posters, hanging out all night on that street. Also...who loves a cat and doesn't take at least half a dozen pictures a week of it?
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 20, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by FizzyWhip View Post
It may be a leap here but I’m wondering if this woman is using her for breeding so she can sell the kittens.
I know with backyard dog breeders they’re not pets , just money makers so they don’t bother with chipping, flea and worming etc.. would also explain why she has very little photos as she’ll only take “cute”ones of the kittens when they’re born.
That is exactly what I think is happening! I'm so shocked by the cost of kittens being sold on Gumtree nowadays! A 'pretty' kitten goes for £250+!

They don't spay them, let them go off calling and hope they return! I'll bet money she is pregnant again! 😭☹
Old 28 Oct 20, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
lovestoplan
slightly serious Dibber

We had our new kitten done when he was 5 months old back in August so they are doing procedures and had him microchipped, vaccinated etc etc early than that. One of our cats went missing for 3 weeks around 10 years ago. We put leaflets through about 300 doors, posters on lamp posts, registered him missing with all the local vets and with an online missing pets website. One of the vets called us as he had been brought in so it was a happy ending. Original owner obviously not trying that hard! Keep her and put her in the witness protection programme 🤣🤣 She's not going to have a lovely life if she's only a baby and already had a litter herself!
lovestoplan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List