Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 21 Aug 20, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
It’s a decent offer but there have been better. Last year we bought Universal Annual passes with 18 months for the price of 12. I seem to remember it ran until March 2019.
So now our 2020 flights have been cancelled by BA baring some kind of miracle we won’t be going this October. Is it worth getting them now for hopefully October 2021 and 2022. We don’t need to worry about Blackout dates as October is our preferred time, and I guess don’t really need to worry about a better deal coming a.o g either as 18 months for instance wouldn’t make much difference. Only question is is it worth tying up best part of £1000 now when we won’t get “pay back” til a second trip in October 2022 and by then I’d probably prefer to be at Disney anyway!
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 20, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

We go August next year and then pretty sure we'll go again the following summer. It's tempting!
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 20, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
It’s a decent offer but there have been better. Last year we bought Universal Annual passes with 18 months for the price of 12. I seem to remember it ran until March 2019.
I agree, they run this and better offers fairly regularly.

We also got the 18 months offer in October '18, we got 4 visits out of those which made them excellent value.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 20, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
This deal is a good one as there is no cut off for activation. The last extra free months deal that universal ran had to be activated within so many months of purchase.
Old 29 Aug 20, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
yozza1977
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Dendycat View Post
This deal is a good one as there is no cut off for activation. The last extra free months deal that universal ran had to be activated within so many months of purchase.
Exactly this 👆. IIRC the last offer was to entice people to visit in the quiet time before/ during Disney opened Galaxys edge. This offer appears to be about getting cash in now, for future ticket sales, hence the no activation date.
yozza1977 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 20, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DM275011
Getting Excited

I checked with Universal about the activation date and received this reply (which does seem to contradict itself!

I can confirm there is no activation restriction on the current fifteen (15) month promotion, meaning you can activate it at your leisure and still receive the promotion. However, our orders do have to be redeemed within one (1) year of the purchase date. I hope the information I provided was helpful. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to respond to this email or contact us directly at (877) 589 – 4783, Toll-Free*.
DM275011 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 20, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Do you get express passes/skip the line with any of these?
Am I right in saying the cheapest AP for dates in july is the Power Pass?

How do you go about using their flex payment system as i see its in dollars. DO you need a florida/US address?

Thanks

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 20, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by lam View Post
Do you get express passes/skip the line with any of these?
The Premier has express after 4pm

Am I right in saying the cheapest AP for dates in july is the Power Pass?
Yeah.

How do you go about using their flex payment system as i see its in dollars. DO you need a florida/US address?

Thanks
I don't think so, pretty sure it gets billed to your credit card but haven't tried it myself.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 20, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
kp789
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by DM275011 View Post
I checked with Universal about the activation date and received this reply (which does seem to contradict itself!

I can confirm there is no activation restriction on the current fifteen (15) month promotion, meaning you can activate it at your leisure and still receive the promotion. However, our orders do have to be redeemed within one (1) year of the purchase date. I hope the information I provided was helpful. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to respond to this email or contact us directly at (877) 589 – 4783, Toll-Free*.
Does this mean that you have to still activate it within 1 year from purchase date? Redeem, activate... Are they not the same or am I just confusing myself?

I'll just buy the very end of september cos planning Feb and Sept next year so if can't get there in Feb I should be OK for Sept. Thanks

Edited at 10:37 AM.
kp789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DM275011 View Post

I was told there wasn’t an activation date, I am hopefully going in August so was planning on buying them. I just worry we have to put it off another year if we still aren’t allowed in! Thanks
mrsbenny is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List