Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 30 Jul 20, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

We’re looking at Haven around Filey for October half term, but there are plenty of holiday rentals in and around the area. We went to Bridlington in Feb half term, staying at the Premier Inn, and took the train up to Scarborough one day, which was lovely.
2026 - maybe...
Bolto6 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 20, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bolto6 View Post
We’re looking at Haven around Filey for October half term, but there are plenty of holiday rentals in and around the area. We went to Bridlington in Feb half term, staying at the Premier Inn, and took the train up to Scarborough one day, which was lovely.
Are you doing Reighton Sands? We love it there. It's our favourite
mskitty is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 20, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
I haven’t decided which one yet, but we’re lucky we get 2 weeks for half term and the 1st week is really cheap compared. I am leaning towards Blue Dolphin but only really because it’s the cheapest, and I’ve dithered and the prices have started going back up.
2026 - maybe...
Bolto6 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 20, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
We had four nights inMay booked at Reighton sands which was cancelled. Our September cruise has also been cancelled so we rebooked Reighton sands again but for a week this time, so looking forward to it.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 20, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bartswife View Post
We had four nights inMay booked at Reighton sands which was cancelled. Our September cruise has also been cancelled so we rebooked Reighton sands again but for a week this time, so looking forward to it.
The beach is gorgeous and you can walk along it to Primrose Valley too and then catch the bus back. Love it there so much.
mskitty is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Another vote for the Peak District. I know it’s not Yorkshire but it’s not that far away.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Hi near Leeds you can try Ilkley there is the lido once it reopens which is imminent but then also a lot of swimming in the river as the residents are trying to get the whole stretch classified as bathing water. Went to both as kids and loved it. And you have a walk to the cow and calf

Skipton is good, Bolton abbey and fountains abbey are lovely. A day out in York is always fun. Patley bridge or other places in the dales.

Not forgetting flamingo land or xscape in castleford if they have reopened. Other stuff to watch for reopening are the national coal mining museum, Harewood House, National film and tv museum.

On the east coast there is tons to do including a go ape. But if going in summer avoid Brid as I’ve been in the last couple of weeks and it was so busy

Edited at 08:20 AM. Reason: Typo
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Neil & Stella
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by silverfox46 View Post
Sorry I stand corrected, you are right.
As a near local I love all except Whitby.
Goathland is another popular spot, a relative of ours has a gorgeous B&B there. It was used in the TV series HEARTBEAT as the doctors house.
Steam trains, country walks , what more do you want.

Actually on the Times annual beach guide it was Runswick Bay that came out top beach

We stayed there over 20 years ago in that B&B. Loved it there and they were filming Heartbeat at the time.

Drove through a couple of weeks back on the way to Whitby, but didn't stop unfortunately.

Might try again next year when Covid has naffed off.
Old 2 Aug 20, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Yorkshire Sculpture Park back open near me.
Old 3 Aug 20, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Just another idea...me and the kids had a day in the Yorkshire Dales today and did Ingleton Waterfalls. It was lovely. It's a 4.5 mile circular walk taking your past 6 stunning falls, through some gorgeous farmland and then on to the reslly pretty quaint little village. Highly recommended although it involves a lot of step climbing (my fitbit said we had done 88 flights if stairs today!)

Edited at 08:03 PM.