Notices

Old 31 Jul 20, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile Has anyone visited a UK Theme Park recently?

If so, how was it re Coronavirus precautions/cleaning etc.
Was the park busy?
Just asking as we’re planning a trip to Southampton to see my in-laws soon, but going to stay a couple of days at Premier Inn so we can also treat the kids to a day out at Paulton’s Park (we don’t bother with Peppa Pig world as our kids have all out-grown it & find it too babyish).
I’m sure these places are doing everything they can to attract business, so my gut feeling is that they’re probably going to be on it with regard to cleaning. I know they’re operating on a limited capacity basis for example.
We’ve had an email (as we’ve visited previously) just saying that as 2 rides exit via a shop, you are required to wear masks on those rides, and obviously for the gift shop at the end. Other than that masks aren’t required walking around which is a bonus.
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Since they reopened we have visited Chessington and we are just now on our way home from an over night stay at Alton towers .
Both very busy, like extremely busy considering they’re supposed to be reducing capacity.
They are wiping touch points down regularly, Lots of hand gel on ride entrances and exits , social distancing markers in queue lines (which some people just can’t seem to pay attention to!) and one way systems.
You have to wear masks in shops and some rides but not when walking around .
The mask thing is a bit of a non issue as no one seems to mind and complies .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

That’s good to hear they’re cleaning, not so good that it’s still extremely busy with reduced capacity.
Hope you enjoyed both of your days?
We usually always take a picnic & just buy the kids an ice cream (mainly to save money), but at least it means we won’t be queuing for meals. I say picnic, but with staying at Premier inn for 2 nights we won’t have anywhere to keep food cold, so on the morning of going to Paulton’s Park we usually nip to a nearby Morrisons and grab a meal deal each and a bag of large cookies.
I’m looking forward to a tiny bit of American vibe as their new Tornado Springs area & rides are open (the area based on 1950’s America). I’ll try & post a few photos when we return!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Whitequeen
Imagineer

Whitequeen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by FizzyWhip View Post
Since they reopened we have visited Chessington and we are just now on our way home from an over night stay at Alton towers .
Both very busy, like extremely busy considering they’re supposed to be reducing capacity.
They are wiping touch points down regularly, Lots of hand gel on ride entrances and exits , social distancing markers in queue lines (which some people just can’t seem to pay attention to!) and one way systems.
You have to wear masks in shops and some rides but not when walking around .
The mask thing is a bit of a non issue as no one seems to mind and complies .
The Alton Towers thing is bothering me. I was under the impression that it would be reduced capacity and social distancing would be enforced but yours is one of many reports saying this just isn't the case. We're booked to go on 24th August and I don't want to go now.

West Coast Visits-5
Whitequeen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
fefifoe
Apprentice Imagineer

fefifoe's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Visted Blackpool 2 weeks ago. Pleasure beach was at max 30% capacity they said - and I believe it - we never waited long for any ride - infact we rode Icon 7 or 8 times.
Hand sanitisers on entering queues and exiting them. Markers in Queue to show where to stand , rides stopped and cleaned about every hour it seemed. Majority sticking to the one way paths etc but your usual few that think it doesnt apply to them.
All in though i felt very safe, felt safer in there than I did in the shopping centre as at that time masks were not mandatory unlike at home.
Old 31 Jul 20, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Michyloulou View Post
That’s good to hear they’re cleaning, not so good that it’s still extremely busy with reduced capacity.
Hope you enjoyed both of your days?
We usually always take a picnic & just buy the kids an ice cream (mainly to save money), but at least it means we won’t be queuing for meals. I say picnic, but with staying at Premier inn for 2 nights we won’t have anywhere to keep food cold, so on the morning of going to Paulton’s Park we usually nip to a nearby Morrisons and grab a meal deal each and a bag of large cookies.
I’m looking forward to a tiny bit of American vibe as their new Tornado Springs area & rides are open (the area based on 1950’s America). I’ll try & post a few photos when we return!
We did still have a good time at both places but this whole thing just makes you aware of people’s personal hygiene (people biting their nails 🤮 ) and spacial awareness .
MOST were ok but some just couldn’t work out that you were supposed to stand on the chevrons even though staff were telling guests over the tannoy .. can’t fix stupid !
Old 31 Jul 20, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Whitequeen View Post
The Alton Towers thing is bothering me. I was under the impression that it would be reduced capacity and social distancing would be enforced but yours is one of many reports saying this just isn't the case. We're booked to go on 24th August and I don't want to go now.
Well, the queues looked even longer than they were due to the social distancing in the queue lines but I still feel it was massively busy so I contacted them but they still say they are following government guidelines but won’t say what percentage they’ve reduced it by .
Hmmm...
Don’t get me wrong , we still had a fab couple of days and all you can do is make sure you stay 2m even if some morons can’t .
We didn’t feel unsafe , I was just so annoyed by how long the queues were!

Edited at 07:24 PM.
Old 1 Aug 20, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
So the wife has decided she wants to go next weekend! 3 of us in an on-site glamping pod and 2-day passes for £264. I’m still not convinced - haven’t committed to actually booking yet...

I see there is no availability at the roller coaster restaurant. Reckon they do walk-ins for those prepared to wait?

Will I also still have to use the main entrance or can I head to that other one even though we won’t have checked in?
mikeclark007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by mikeclark007 View Post
So the wife has decided she wants to go next weekend! 3 of us in an on-site glamping pod and 2-day passes for £264. I’m still not convinced - haven’t committed to actually booking yet...

I see there is no availability at the roller coaster restaurant. Reckon they do walk-ins for those prepared to wait?

Will I also still have to use the main entrance or can I head to that other one even though we won’t have checked in?
Rollercoaster restaurant only allows lunch time walk in’s ,I think .
I booked before the lockdown and had to email them to confirm we were hotel guests as they were only allowing hotel guests in for dinner .
The email is RCR@alton-towers.com if you want to check with them .
Capacity in there is massively reduced which is good but means less booking slots obviously and if I’m honest the food was below par this time but we have eaten there loads so we could compare .
If you have never been then it’s good for the experience.
When you go into your designated parking (If staying onsite ) they’ll take your temp in your car and give you a wrist band so you don’t need it checked again when you go to the park .
You can check in any time but if before 3 then you just leave your bags in the boot .
The entrance near galactica is open 9:30-11:30 and you can just show your hotel reservation but the temp band is proof anyway as day guests don’t get them but if you leave the park before ride close then you have to use main entrance , otherwise it reopens for exit at park closing time .
HTH
Old 1 Aug 20, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
excitedbunny79
Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve been to Alton Towers, we didn’t have a problem with social distancing although we did have one woman start vaping next to us! I just don’t get It, you are supposed to wear a mask to stop coughs and sneezes travelling yet blowing vapour that comes from your lungs is absolutely fine... 😳

excitedbunny79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List