Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Oct 20, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by blackbird View Post
How did you find out I'm due to fly on the 4th December and haven't heard anything ?
I had looked on manage my booking and it was showing cancelled, then I got an email a few hours later.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by FloridaDreamer1 View Post
Thanks for your replies. We are due to go mid-Feb and balance due end of November. I was hoping it'd be cancelled before then but not looking likely!
Virgin now say in the FAQ part of their website that balances for holidays up to 31st January 2021 are due 8 weeks prior to departure now.
No email or anything about it for our January holiday and it still has original balance due date of 12 weeks when I log into my booking

Edited at 03:37 PM.
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

We were told to hold on a few more days on paying our balance as there will be a change in the next few days and the man-mco route will be cancelled past Christmas.
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
auralerb
Staying in the Castle

Our balance is due next week for two weeks starting Christmas Eve, so I’m hoping they cancel before this to avoid chasing such a large refund. (Although I’m hearing the processing times have decreased, just perhaps not as much as they indicated.)
auralerb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Nostradamus
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Weddingnyc View Post
We were told to hold on a few more days on paying our balance as there will be a change in the next few days and the man-mco route will be cancelled past Christmas.
I have contacted them and they just told me to pay balance as all Orlando holidays are going ahead after 9th.
Nostradamus is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nostradamus View Post
I have contacted them and they just told me to pay balance as all Orlando holidays are going ahead after 9th.
They said you’ll be able to fly to Orlando from the 9th December ?
I can’t see how
Old 23 Oct 20, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Nostradamus
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by FizzyWhip View Post
They said you’ll be able to fly to Orlando from the 9th December ?
I can’t see how
I rang them today after seeing the post from Weddingnyc and my balance is due tomorrow. The lady said it is still showing as going ahead on the system. I asked if I should hang on as I have heard that it may change soon. She said I have to pay tomorrow.
Nostradamus is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Hubby also rang today and got the same, they think it will be going ahead in Jan! Our 8 weeks before is not til mid November so have a month to figure out what to do at least. Or for them to announce more cancellations
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Nostradamus
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by CarsonMac View Post
Hubby also rang today and got the same, they think it will be going ahead in Jan! Our 8 weeks before is not til mid November so have a month to figure out what to do at least. Or for them to announce more cancellations
Got to pay up or lose deposits. Can always change the holiday if you don't want to go. Must be 21 days before the departure date I was told.
Old 23 Oct 20, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nostradamus View Post
I rang them today after seeing the post from Weddingnyc and my balance is due tomorrow. The lady said it is still showing as going ahead on the system. I asked if I should hang on as I have heard that it may change soon. She said I have to pay tomorrow.
Yeah I’m afraid they did that with all of us in the summer too.
Kept telling us it was still going ahead until the 11th hour .
It’s just so you they can get your money to pay back someone else .
Took 111 days to get our refund in the end .