Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 15 Oct 20, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
#1
simbamad
Imagineer
 
simbamad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 12

simbamad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Vegas hotels

Hi all, hope you are all keeping safe.

Looking at hotels in Vegas and I'm wondering if there are any that don't tend to attract the rowdy crowds and weed smokers I keep reading about on trip advisor. It will be my first trip there and I want to experience as much of it as I can without staying off the main strip.

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thank you all
__________________
simbamad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
#2
JoS
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Sep 06
Originally Posted by simbamad View Post
Hi all, hope you are all keeping safe.

Looking at hotels in Vegas and I'm wondering if there are any that don't tend to attract the rowdy crowds and weed smokers I keep reading about on trip advisor. It will be my first trip there and I want to experience as much of it as I can without staying off the main strip.

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thank you all
You are not allowed to smoke weed in hotels. The odd time you can smell it is, outside on the strip. Vdara is an all suite hotel, smoke free and no casino so tends to be much quieter. What price range are you looking for, party size, and is pool use important to you?
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JoS is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
#3
simbamad
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
simbamad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 12

simbamad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by JoS View Post
You are not allowed to smoke weed in hotels. The odd time you can smell it is, outside on the strip. Vdara is an all suite hotel, smoke free and no casino so tends to be much quieter. What price range are you looking for, party size, and is pool use important to you?
Vdara is actually on our short list at the moment so will look at that again.

Ive spent the last few days on trip advisor and many of the recent reviews have said the smell of weed is quite strong in the corridors and rooms from previous guests.
__________________
simbamad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
#4
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Nov 10
Location: Falmouth
Often when you have a smell like weed, it is damp getting in to hessian backed carpets, (think the smell of rotting sack cloth). On several occasions we found this when I was in a team that specialised in executing warrants.

As for Las Vegas, we have opted for the Newyork Newyork for next August... Because it is near McCarran and more importantly... because it has a Rollercoaster.
__________________

2005 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 Orlando. 2012 Orlando, Gulf and Keys.2015 New York, Washington, Orlando. 2017 Pensacola, Destin,Tampa, Orlando, Daytona.
2018 California N to S. Trip report.. https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1072473
2019 East Coast, Boston, NY, Dayton OH, Orlando, Naples. Trip report..
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1137302

And the future...Arizona/Cali/Nevada 2021
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...4#post14647964

Edited at 03:39 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
#5
JoS
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Sep 06
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Often when you have a smell like weed, it is damp getting in to hessian backed carpets. On several occasions we found this when I was in a team that specialised in executing warrants.

As for Las Vegas, we have opted for the Newyork Newyork for next August... Because it is near McCarran and more importantly... because it has a Rollercoaster.
Most hotels on the strip are near enough to the airport so as not to make much difference. NYNY is a great choice with kids. I love all the little restaurants in there and we eat there several times during our trip, Nice for kids to look around if you fancy a few minutes gambling or just doing some thing else.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Edited at 03:38 PM.
JoS is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
#6
KarenG
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Mar 04
Mobile

Iíve stayed in eight different hotels in Vegas and never smelt weed except outside
__________________
KarenG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
#7
JoS
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Sep 06
Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Iíve stayed in eight different hotels in Vegas and never smelt weed except outside
Think we must be up to at least ten hotels, and same for us. Just in the street.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JoS is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
#8
JoS
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Sep 06
Originally Posted by simbamad View Post
Vdara is actually on our short list at the moment so will look at that again.

Ive spent the last few days on trip advisor and many of the recent reviews have said the smell of weed is quite strong in the corridors and rooms from previous guests.
Is that at Vdara? Or do you mean other hotels?
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JoS is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
#9
KarenG
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Mar 04
Mobile

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
Is that at Vdara? Or do you mean other hotels?
I definitely smelt no weed in Vdara!
__________________
KarenG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
#10
JoS
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Sep 06
Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I definitely smelt no weed in Vdara!
Its a no smoking hotel and smells gorgeous. Must have stayed there at least 4/5 times. Never a weed smell. Have booked there for February. Have my fingers and toes crossed.!
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JoS is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Disney Park Tickets
On 20th November 4:14pm
Park Hopper Option Returns to Walt Disney World Resort on Jan. 1, 2021As the phased reopening of Walt... Read More »
Posted in epcot
On 20th November 11:29am
As part of the D23 Fantastic Worlds Celebration, Disney shared details about the historic transformation... Read More »
Posted in Walt Disney World
On 27th October 3:18pm
Walt Disney World has announced that their entrance gateways to Walt Disney World are about... Read More »

theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.3402
CaxtonFX  $1.3386
Covent Garden FX  $1.3520
FAIRFX  $1.3400
John Lewis  $1.3462
M&S  $1.3228
Post Office  $1.3201
Sainsburys  $1.3383
TESCO  $1.3396
Travelex  $1.3357
Updated: 00:00 22/01/2021
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1051
CaxtonFX  €1.1003
Covent Garden FX  €1.1137
FAIRFX  €1.1015
John Lewis  €1.1099
M&S  €1.0905
Post Office  €1.0883
Sainsburys  €1.1041
TESCO  €1.1049
Travelex  €1.1009
Updated: 00:00 22/01/2021

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now