Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 18 Oct 20, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Is anyone booked with TUI for Turkey?

Hi!

We’ve got Turkey booked on Saturday 24th. We’re not going to go because I can’t quarantine for two weeks on return.
When I go online to cancel or amend it, it says I have until the 23rd - the day before. However TUI have sent me a text saying I have to do it 48 hours before. I was hoping to hang on and see if anywhere else is added to the list on Thursday before amending it.
It also says online that all trips with TUI to Turkey up until today are cancelled, so I’m waiting to see if they just cancel it rather than me having to change it, but they don’t seem to be cancelling ahead of 48 hours and I don’t know whether to leave it that late to see if it just gets cancelled.

Anyone else in a similar boat?
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I really don’t see turkey status being changed. I’m booked to go to Cyprus on Thursday- still feel I won’t get there!
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

No I don’t expect the status to change either, I’m just waiting to see if it completely gets cancelled or if the flight goes ahead and then I’d need to change the booking as to not lose the money.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I'm in a similar position. We have Majorca booked with TUI for 24th. I'd like to change to Greece but want TUI to cancel so I can take advantage of the £500 booking incentive. Prices have increased so much that the £500 booking incentive makes the cost more reasonable.

But when will they cancel? It's got to be soon, surely?!
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

They’ve updated the cancelled Turkey flights til the 22nd now, so I imagine I’ll have to find out on the 22nd if it’s cancelled. It leaves it close to the 48 hour deadline though! I was thinking the same thing about using the rebooking incentive as the available hotels are more expensive. Are Majorca flights cancelled too?
Old 18 Oct 20, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princesa View Post
They’ve updated the cancelled Turkey flights til the 22nd now, so I imagine I’ll have to find out on the 22nd if it’s cancelled. It leaves it close to the 48 hour deadline though! I was thinking the same thing about using the rebooking incentive as the available hotels are more expensive. Are Majorca flights cancelled too?
Majorca is cancelled until 22nd October too. I think they're cancelling a couple of days at a time.

As half term starts on Saturday I think there will be lots of people wanting to travel on Saturday or Sunday which is impacting on price and availability.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Hi Princesa, has your holiday been cancelled yet?

I logged into my booking at lunch and had a message to say it had been cancelled and I could change. I switched to Kos. The email notification came about 6-hours later so it's a good job I checked.
Old 20 Oct 20, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Yes we’ve just got the notification now. There’s nothing available for Greece any more so I think everyone must have switched. I think I’ll just cancel and get the money back.
Old 22 Oct 20, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

We’ve cancelled and got our money back. Just as well really as one of the girls got sent home from school yesterday and has to isolate for two weeks so can’t go outside. Her twin sister is still in school though.
Old 22 Oct 20, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princesa View Post
We’ve cancelled and got our money back. Just as well really as one of the girls got sent home from school yesterday and has to isolate for two weeks so can’t go outside. Her twin sister is still in school though.
I do hope all is ok
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List