Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, FastPass+ Questions and Info.

Old 28 Oct 20, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
RC22
Very Serious Dibber

Haven't decided what parks we'll be visiting next Aug yet. But a 14 day disney ticket just started looking a lot less likely.

The rides are much better in the other parks. Disney is about the whole package, reduce it to just the rides and it's at a serious disadvantage given the higher ticket price.
March 2010 I-Drive Quality Inn International November 2011 I-Drive south - Hilton Homewood Suites Oct 2012 - The Dibb fave Coral's Villa Lindfields! Aug 2013 Blue Heron Resort - LBV Aug 2014 NY & Orlando Cane Island 10yr Wedding Anniversary., Oct 2016 Windsor Hills, Royal Pacific and Disney Dream Cruise, , Aug 2017, Emerald Island , Oct 2019, Emerald Island & Vero Beach The First Bite That Gets You Hooked. Trip Report
RC22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

I am so sad about this. For the amazing performers and CM's who put so much into what they do.

I just can't help but feel that the redesigning of the sign announced also this week, could be money better spent elsewhere.
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Must be part of the 28k announced last week, supposedly a lot made up of non-union members & part time staff. TBH not surprising really, we still don't have any Disney passes & the more I see/read the less likely are we to fork out £900 for 2 passes.
Being cynical I wouldn't be surprised if every thing miraculously changes if Biden gets in
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '21
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

I feel so sad about this. It truly feels like there is going to be nothing magic left
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MacUK
VIP Dibber

MacUK's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Nice to see the Disney Execs reinstated their full salary package! Not a smart move.
MacUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Very Serious Dibber

Urgh, so so sad for all those cast members. Really having second thoughts about the Disney part of our trip next year. A hell of a lot of money to pay for only half the experience. 2 nights free for our 7 night stay at YC really doesnít seem like good value for money 😩
Old 29 Oct 20, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
TiggerRocks
New Poster (3)

I have to echo what others have said. Without the shows etc Disney is quite an average offering when itís just the rides.

I have flights booked for May but will be doing universal who will fair much better it seems. Disney wonít be back to normal now for 3 to 4 years I would imagine. Itís going to take time to rehire and retrain.
TiggerRocks is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Apprentice Imagineer

Nice of Disney to entice people back with offers and then you find out you will be getting even a lesser experience. They will still be expecting people to pay full price for tix though won't they? You might as well go to Alton Towers.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Being a bit Goofy

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The thought of Pioneer Hall empty and all eerie, how sad. Those fantastic performers and staff that we have enjoyed many many times and really have given us wonderful memories. I remember my old late mum on our first visits in tears of laughter and real tears when he sang "Shenandoah". My own little ones with the spoons and all grown up last year.

Daveee Daveee Crocket...
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaft88
Trying for More Ears

DisneyDaft88's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
We've booked to stay on property for October 2021, now for the first time in my life, i'm not so sure about Disney

Universal is definitely seeming more appealing, perhaps it's time to step out of the Disney bubble
CBR - October 2021 (Hopefully!)
DisneyDaft88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List