Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 6 Nov 20, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
What brilliant ideas! Thank you!
Are the ready baked ginger bread house kits nice to eat?
I have never, ever baked a biscuit or cake 😳
I will definitely get him to make a special card for my mum 👍🏻
Have to say it's more for looks than taste. We have made our own gingerbread, making templates and choosing our own sweets etc for decoration, that was nice.
Why not try making gingerbread men first and see how that goes, you can always turn them in to Santa
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 20, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

I’m going to make candle holders with my grandchildren. Sparkly72 posted the undernoted on the Seasonal Craft thread. If you don’t have Modge Podge you can use watered down PVA glue.

Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 20, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

How about a rag wreath? Both kids have made them at school, really cheap and easy to do, especially if you ask around for any old duvets, etc. They look so good because it doesn’t matter if they are a bit messy, I was very impressed.
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 20, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
What brilliant ideas! Thank you!
Are the ready baked ginger bread house kits nice to eat?
I have never, ever baked a biscuit or cake 😳
I will definitely get him to make a special card for my mum 👍🏻
You must bake with your kids, house looks like a war zone after, flour everywhere xx
Old 6 Nov 20, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

How about clove oranges? Look beautiful, smell beautiful and can be given as gifts.

Or chocolate spoons or chocolate orange and malteser puddings, just google the instructions.

You can make easy Yule logs by covering a chocolate Swiss roll with melted chocolate and adding decorations, my boys enjoyed going to the shop to choose the decorations and it’s also something else to do (obviously if we are out of lockdown)

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 20, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
You must bake with your kids, house looks like a war zone after, flour everywhere xx
This is why we don’t bake 🤣🤣
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 20, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
How about clove oranges? Look beautiful, smell beautiful and can be given as gifts.

Or chocolate spoons or chocolate orange and malteser puddings, just google the instructions.

You can make easy Yule logs by covering a chocolate Swiss roll with melted chocolate and adding decorations, my boys enjoyed going to the shop to choose the decorations and it’s also something else to do (obviously if we are out of lockdown)
Now I could definitely manage that! Ready made swiss roll and decorate it! 🤗
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 20, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

you have to have an indoor snowball fight - you can get tubs of "snowballs" for around £5 - its great way to get older kids involved too as they often love the opportunity to lob things at their annoying siblings & parents

xmas movie night - probably a given but stock up on yuor favourite cinema snacks chose a xmassy film & turn down the lights to get the cinema vibe

we bake a lot mostly from scratch as we need Gluten/dairy free options but there are load of cake/biscuit kits available which make it easier/less messy for beginners/younger kids.

make popcorn garlands - simply thread popcorn onto string if -if you don't want it on the tree hang it out for the birds

build a den hang twinkly lights inside and have an indoor picnic with xmas themed foods

family games night with some xmas themed games

Check out the live reindeer cams
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 20, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

2 years ago decided Christmas Eve would be like in the movies. No iPads/phones. We would bake lots, have a walk, christmas film and hot chocolate, do jigsaws...

Everyone wnated their gadgets, the kitchen was a mess from getting ingredients out for baking that I was left to do. I was this is not how it is in the movies! 🤣🤣
Old 7 Nov 20, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Munchkinmouse
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

We have this book which has loads of fab Christmas activities

amazon/Winston-Del...s%2C274&sr=8-1

It's a lovely Christmas story with a short chapter (2-3 pages) for each day of December followed by an activity suggestion. DD is 8 and we read the story through the week and at the weekend pick one or two of the activities to try out so we get to do something Christmassy every week of December. It's a lovely way to build up to Christmas, the story is really sweet and the illustrations are beautiful.
Munchkinmouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List