Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Nov 20, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by hexagon View Post
I slept well as usual (meds help with that lol). I feel better in the morning so I’m going to go to the gym. It’s always as the day goes on I feel worse and worse. I do have a psychologist appointment today, so I can talk to her about things.

Thanks guys.
Going to the gym is an excellent idea, well done for motivating yourself for that. That can definitely be one of the positives steps for today. Seeing the psychologist is an excellent step too, please let her know how you have been feeling. Maybe she can get your meds readjusted to help you later in the day.

Could you go for a walk around teatime with your dog to help you in the evening? Or ring your dad and friends to chat after tea? We are always on here if you want to chat in the evenings too. I hope you have a better day today xx
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Maybe its not feasible for a reason but, I always find the gym a real adrenaline rush so how about going later in the day rather than earlier?
You are actually sounding a bit more positive, hopefully you appointment today goes well. We are all thinking of you. x
Old 9 Nov 20, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
alibeau
VIP Dibber

I hope your appointment goes/went well today.

Best wishes to you.

Ali x
alibeau is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

I slept well as usual (meds help with that lol). I feel better in the morning so I’m going to go to the gym. It’s always as the day goes on I feel worse and worse. I do have a psychologist appointment today, so I can talk to her about things.

Thanks guys.
Sorry you’re feeling so bad, get out & about get moving, it definitely can help anyone with problems & listen to music too it’s a great mood lifter 💕💕💕well that & CAKE

Please take care xxx
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
VIP Dibber

hexagon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Thanks guys. I feel a little better today. But it’s only 6pm. Hopefully it’ll continue.
hexagon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Thanks guys. I feel a little better today. But it’s only 6pm. Hopefully it’ll continue.
That’s good, you’ve done really well today Hexagon. I do hope the psychologist helped a little too.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
The gym on a Monday 💪 super star.
I really should have ran today but cheese and TV won. Definitely out for 6 miles tomorrow morning. We can do this Hexy 🥰💞
Old 10 Nov 20, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
VIP Dibber

hexagon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
I just want to crawl into a hole. I have done nothing today bar get dressed and watch Harry Potter. Hopefully tomorrow is better as I have till Friday to get two assessments done. They’re not difficult but I just don’t feel up to it today.

Not heard anything from the psychiatrist either. Ever since I started it the sertraline has done nothing as far as I’m concerned apart from Lessening my ocd. So I’d like to discuss with the psychiatrist about coming off it and going on something else.
hexagon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
fl-veteran
Imagineer

I just want to crawl into a hole. I have done nothing today bar get dressed and watch Harry Potter. Hopefully tomorrow is better as I have till Friday to get two assessments done. They’re not difficult but I just don’t feel up to it today.

Not heard anything from the psychiatrist either. Ever since I started it the sertraline has done nothing as far as I’m concerned apart from Lessening my ocd. So I’d like to discuss with the psychiatrist about coming off it and going on something else.
Sorry, I don't know your story so please excuse me if I put my size 9's in my mouth (as I commonly do)

I'm a former Sertraline user. It might be that it's no good for you and you need to try something else but it might be that you need to take more. One thing is for certain, I felt like absolute garbage on it for the first 2 weeks and it did nothing for me until I got onto a much higher dose. The side-effects were also crappy but, ultimately, worth it in the end. Switching around the time of day I took from morning to night also helped (some people find it sedating and some it keeps them awake - I was in the zonked category so switched to taking it for bed instead of first thing).

You sound pretty switched on / practive about your meds and a chat with Psych is definitely a sensible plan.

Have you ever considered talking to someone who has been through some of the same experinces as you?

A quick Google shows up:

Grampian Hearing Voices Network ghvnaberdeen@yahoo.co.uk
01224-557601
Alford Centre HVG Group
Alford Centre
Albyn Place
Aberdeen

Medics and Psychs are great resources but someone who has walked a mile in your shoes will understand better.

Good luck. Remember, it's always darkest before dawn.
Old 10 Nov 20, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Well on the positive side, you got dressed to watch Harry Potter, many of us in lockdown have just been in pyjamas all day!

A good friend of mine was telling me last night that her meds have given her tics and involuntary outbursts etc. She said when she stopped the meds, the tics stopped, but now she is feeling low again so needs to find some new medication.

Am so glad you are still here, talking to us, I think I speak for all of us when I say we genuinely care, and wish you well x

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List