Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Nov 20, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Changing holiday with BA

We have a booking for Feb 2021 with BA, flight and hotel. We don’t think this is likely to be going ahead and I want to amend the dates to October 2021 and add a week and an extra person to the booking.
It won’t let me change anything online through manage my booking and when I try and contact BA by phone it just keeps cutting off midway through the automated message.
I have also tried emailing them and just get an automated reply saying they can’t do changes via email and to phone them!
I’ve also DM’d them on Twitter and received no reply?
Does anyone know any other way I can contact them to change my booking?
Princess Ariel is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

You can apply for the voucher. As long as you have applied and have a confirmation email that you've applied you can make a 'new' booking (which you pay a deposit on again), when the voucher arrives by email you can call them up and get them to apply the voucher to the 'new' booking.
Alternatively you can wait until the voucher arrives then do the booking over the phone.
I've not had too much of an issue getting through, just need to keep trying.
2point is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Because it’s not until February it doesn’t give me an option to apply for a voucher. It literally doesn’t let me do anything at all with my booking online. I’ve been trying to phone them all day and it just cuts off halfway through the automated message. I’ve tried contacting them through email, Facebook and Twitter and had either no response or they can’t help me 😫 my concern is that the October dates I’m looking at are an amazing price at the moment but the that’s already increased since I looked this morning!
Princess Ariel is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

I’ve found the option to apply for a voucher now so have done that! Thank you!
Old 10 Nov 20, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
MatJohnson
Proud to wear my Ears

I had the same, move from Feb 21 to Aug 21. Request voucher, make the new booking and apply the voucher to that new booking once it's arrived.

Easy to do, all on email.

I've been impressed with BA through all this. So far so good.
MatJohnson is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Just for info; many of the options to change/upgrade/cancel etc won’t be available online for a BA holiday.

BA & BA Holidays are 2 separate companies although both under the IAG umbrella so a BA Holiday booking is classed as having been made with an agent/3rd party & you needing to speak to that agent.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
MamaG
Getting Excited

I rang 0800 727800 and Chose the new booking option I think. I got through quite quickly. x
1993 Park Inn International, 1997 Villa 1998 Indian Ridge Oaks. 2015 Windsor Hills, 2016 Disney's Old Key West, Hard Rock Hotel. 2018 Hard Rock Hotel, Disney's Old Key West. July 2020 -December 2020 - July 2021 Cancelled by Covid! Feb 2022 Rosen Inn July 2022 Hard Rock Hotel, Cabana Bay, Disney Dolphin, Emerald Island
MamaG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MamaG View Post
I rang 0800 727800 and Chose the new booking option I think. I got through quite quickly. x
I’ve been trying that number all day and just kept getting cut off right before the options but. I’ve managed to request a voucher now so will do it that way, thanks everyone!
Old 10 Nov 20, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Just wanted to say that when I spoke to a BA agent on the phone last week he said you can't use a voucher on a booking made before you've received your voucher. Not sure how true this is but he told me you couldn't apply for a voucher, then make a new booking and then use that voucher when it came through but had to wait until I had actually received the voucher.
katnav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I applied for a voucher for our trip due to take place in December. Got a response today to state that as the booking included a non-cancelable room, we would lose the deposit if we cancelled. We will hold out until the balance is due, and hope they cancel it. We booked before COVID, and before BAs price promise.

I’ve checked the conditions on our other bookings, and doesn’t look like any of the hotels have non-cancelable rates, so fingers crossed we will be able to cancel those if needed.