Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Nov 20, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
MatJohnson
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by katnav View Post
Just wanted to say that when I spoke to a BA agent on the phone last week he said you can't use a voucher on a booking made before you've received your voucher. Not sure how true this is but he told me you couldn't apply for a voucher, then make a new booking and then use that voucher when it came through but had to wait until I had actually received the voucher.
That's not right. I've done exactly that!

Applied to a voucher, rebooked the holiday, the email came through and asked me to give them the new booking ref, did that and in under 3 hours the voucher was applied to my new booking.
MatJohnson is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
petit-pois
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MatJohnson View Post

Applied to a voucher, rebooked the holiday, the email came through and asked me to give them the new booking ref, did that and in under 3 hours the voucher was applied to my new booking.
What email address did you send it too please? Need to do the same
petit-pois is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
MatJohnson
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by petit-pois View Post
What email address did you send it too please? Need to do the same
The one the voucher originally came from. baholidays@ba.com
MatJohnson is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
petit-pois
VIP Dibber

The one the voucher originally came from. baholidays@ba.com
Ah, silly me. Thank you!
petit-pois is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

I did think he was wrong on the phone as I had read other people had done it on here but he was adament that vouchers can only be applied to new bookings and if you rebook before you actually receive the voucher then you can't use it for that booking.

It is annoying that ive been given wrong advise by BA as the price has now increased but worse things happen so I will move on.
katnav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
petit-pois
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by petit-pois View Post
Ah, silly me. Thank you!
I emailed BA yesterday and my voucher was applied today, they really are superb!
Thanks Mat, and others who posted of their experiences
Old 12 Nov 20, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

I had a tweet from BA confirming I could book before the voucher was issued and then the voucher could be applied later too. Have rebooked for October now, the price had increased but is still way way cheaper than Tui and Virgin, not sure what’s going on with prices at the moment as they were almost double the price of BA!
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
allymc316
Getting Excited

I had confirmation from BA that you can book a holiday, apply the voucher and then get a cash refund on the deposit you paid which means you are not out of pocket as much and don't end up with a larger voucher further down the line should you cancel.

I have done just this. My booking was cheaper than when I booked. I booked the new holiday, applied for a voucher for my old booking, I have now applied that voucher to my new booking and waiting on a refund to my card for the deposit paid.
allymc316 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
tootsie rolls
Imagineer

tootsie rolls's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Did mine yesterday changed from April to sept BA have been brilliant 😁
Linfields April 1999,Westridge April 2002,Indian ridge April 2005,Hampton lakes June 2008,Westridge June 2010,Sunset lakes sept 2012,Rosen inn point Nov 2014,Residence inn may 2016,Hampton lakes may 2018
tootsie rolls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Aarti
slightly serious Dibber

Does anybody know if changes can be made one year out? I’m currently booked for May 21 and want to change to May 22 and can’t get my head around understanding the T&Cs on their website and hoping someone on here might be able to come along and clarify. Thank you.
2002 - Magic Castle, Kissimmee & Mariot Suites Boca Raton
Aarti is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List