Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 12 Nov 20, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
elvertine
Trading Disney Pins

An email that made me smile after an awful week!

Hi all,

Just want to share that after an awful few days, my beautiful nan passed away on the weekend after testing positive to Covid and both my daughters have been poorly to the point I was really worried about my youngest especially, they're now both much better and we've had an email today and are now officially DVC members!

We've purchased 176 points for AKV via resale, no points available until September 2021 without borrowing which is fine as not looking to go until January 2023. Planning on not only surprising our kids but also my mam and dad for their 40th Wedding Anniversary/60th birthdays. Got 2 more years to start saving again from scratch to cover the rest of the holiday!

Can't wait to surprise them, they do so much for us with childcare and everything else and especially with my nan passing recently and having a pretty tough few years, just want to do something special for us all and DVC will allow me to do that.

Stay safe all
elvertine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

OP I’m sorry for your loss - Nans are special ❤️. I still miss mine very much. But I’d like to think that she’ll be willing you along in spirit to make new precious family memories together with your shiny new DVC purchase. Welcome Home.
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
elvertine
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by tigger48 View Post
OP I’m sorry for your loss - Nans are special ❤️. I still miss mine very much. But I’d like to think that she’ll be willing you along in spirit to make new precious family memories together with your shiny new DVC purchase. Welcome Home.
Thank you for your kind words Tigger, she was very outgoing and loved her holidays so will be dedicating that first trip to her
elvertine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Sorry to hear about your nan, we honour the dead by continuing to live, I'm sure she'd be delighted to see you enjoying amazing family time in WDW.

Congratulations on your new membership

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by elvertine View Post
Hi all,

Just want to share that after an awful few days, my beautiful nan passed away on the weekend after testing positive to Covid and both my daughters have been poorly to the point I was really worried about my youngest especially, they're now both much better and we've had an email today and are now officially DVC members!

We've purchased 176 points for AKV via resale, no points available until September 2021 without borrowing which is fine as not looking to go until January 2023. Planning on not only surprising our kids but also my mam and dad for their 40th Wedding Anniversary/60th birthdays. Got 2 more years to start saving again from scratch to cover the rest of the holiday!

Can't wait to surprise them, they do so much for us with childcare and everything else and especially with my nan passing recently and having a pretty tough few years, just want to do something special for us all and DVC will allow me to do that.

Stay safe all
So sorry for your loss and congrats on the 176 Animal Kingdom points.

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
Old 13 Nov 20, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
elvertine
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Sorry to hear about your nan, we honour the dead by continuing to live, I'm sure she'd be delighted to see you enjoying amazing family time in WDW.

Congratulations on your new membership
Thank you, you're absolutely right and I hope she'd be so happy that I'm dragging my parents along for the ride
Old 13 Nov 20, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
elvertine
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by JasonErpelding View Post
So sorry for your loss and congrats on the 176 Animal Kingdom points.

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
Thank you Jason, can't wait to start using it. May look at buying elsewhere if we're able to in a few years, will definitely check out your company next time
Old 13 Nov 20, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
So sorry to hear about your Nan but lovely news about your new 'home'

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
elvertine
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by Saratoska View Post
So sorry to hear about your Nan but lovely news about your new 'home'
Thank you so much Saratoska
Old 15 Nov 20, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Sorry about Nan.

Knowing nans generally, I’m sure she will be delighted you and your family will be having some amazing holidays and family time together for years to come.