Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 16 Nov 20, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

Easy slow cooker recipes

Hi All,

I'm going to be without a hob and oven soon for a few weeks Can anybody suggest some slow cooker recipes where I don't have to brown/cook anything before I throw it in the pot please?
Old 16 Nov 20, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

I’ve got a stew in mine as we speak
Braising beef thrown in with herbs veg stock and some red wine
Super easy
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Trouble3
Apprentice Imagineer

Trouble3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by P&S View Post
Hi All,

I'm going to be without a hob and oven soon for a few weeks Can anybody suggest some slow cooker recipes where I don't have to brown/cook anything before I throw it in the pot please?
You don't have to brown meat before it goes into the slow cooker, it just has a little deeper flavour if you do. I don't normally, as I'm a very lazy cook.

I do Bolognaise, Chilli, Casseroles etc.
Old 16 Nov 20, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
skb 123
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I love this Chicken Alfredo recipe

slowcookercentral/rec...alfredo-pasta/
skb 123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
balel
Excited about Disney

Scott Baptie on Facebook has some great slow cooker recipes. Some of my favourites are Peanut Chicken and Butter Chicken.
balel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney
Imagineer

I buy the mayflower Chinese mix from Iceland and just make it up with water chuck in chicken onions and new potatoes then frozen peas for the last few minutes, I also cook the most amazing ribs which I buy from Costco

July '17 - Sunset Lakes, Aug '15 - Windsor Hills, Aug 13- Highlands Reserve,Aug '11 -Windsor Hills
Oct '09 - Sunset Lakes,May '08 - Lindfields,April '07 - Florida pines,April '05 - Florida Pines,July 1997 - Quality Inn Plaza,I Drive. May 96 - International Drive
lovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
tfmay
Getting Excited

Another easy one is chicken curry either with chicken thighs or diced chicken, Add all the spices, cream etc or if like me, I pop a jar of sauce in it and add rice too and makes a curry like a biryani. My lot love it.

As above I do casseroles where I basically put it all in on low including cubed potatoes or small whole ones and leave it all day, and pulled pork etc great to have with rolls/crusty bread.
tfmay is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post

I love chicken parmegan

Also joint of beef, red wine, shlots and cumin seeds. Mash and broccoli. Yum.

Moroccan meatballs

I like quite a few of the recipes here

themagicalslowcooker...san-and-pasta/

Edited at 08:20 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Check out the 'Schwartz Slow Cookers' mixes. All the info on the packet. I have Beef & Tomato Casserole, Sausage & Bean Casserole, Beef & Ale Stew & a couple of others I cant think of now. All excellent. Oh I think you brown the Sausage one from memory so forget that one. Asda sell them all.
Other than those mixes I just chuck everything I want to get rid of vegies wise or peppers wise out of the fridge plus some chicken, lamb or beef in t with a drop of water & some Knorr stock pot &/or tin of tomato's and that's it. Never brown stuff first 'cept that sausage one above. Remember just half the normal water if using the chuck it all in method.
Old 17 Nov 20, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

tamingtwins/category...s/slow-cooker/

Some nice things on here. I particularly like the chicken curry
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List