Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Nov 20, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post

lets be honest, he was most probably just opening the door to drop the parcel inside so it was safe, our postie and amazon driver often does that, ring the door bell, open the door and drop it inside
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

I think people seem to think the driver was just making sure the parcel was delivered safely.
Did he knock on first? If so then he opened the door thinking no one was in which is a big no no. If not, he should have done, you don’t just open someone’s door, so what if it is unlocked.
The driver would have been given an earful if it happened here, I’d be fuming.
As for pursuing it, I agree with other posters that it will unfortunately be filed under “bin”.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Gull
Imagineer

I forget how different things are on mainland. Our doors are hardly ever locked. Postie and delivery guy both leave our things in our boot room. My letterbox on the front door has hardly been used 😊

I’m sure the guy just thought he was being helpful leaving it safe inside.
Gull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

I think if it’s not something to be signed for they can take a photo of the parcel inside an open door as proof of delivery
I havnt read all the thread so apologies if someone else had said this
No damage done I’d give him a break they are under massive pressure especially at this time of year
inky1 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
I wouldn’t report it. However I would (and do) keep my door locked when I’m in. I’m surprised that there are doors that can be opened from outside without a key.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Gally1968
Apprentice Imagineer

The driver is expected to deliver a certain amount of parcels per day, at an educated guess I’d say around 150 per day minimum.

He’s knocked & probably realised somebody was in so looked to drop the item in the door so he could head off and do his next drop whilst ensuring you get your item in good time. They will probably be given circa 5 mins per job, including driving between each drop. You can see why they’re constantly under pressure.

If he’d knocked, waited his allotted time then dropped a card in saying ‘Sorry You Missed Your Delivery’ you’d be adding to the other post complaining about delivery drivers.

Delivery drivers are under immense pressure & have been throughout lockdown and more so in the last couple of months. We’re all ordering far more online but this is being covered by pretty much the same amount of drivers.

Assuming no real harm done I’d obviously think you should leave it but if it’s upset you enough then let Amazon know how you feel.
Old 24 Nov 20, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

I'm still shocked at people that leave doors unlocked. I automatically lock my front door everytime I come in!
In an ideal world we would never lock doors but it's not an ideal world and I cringe at the idea of someone appearing in my hallway!
As for your Amazon driver. In theory what he did was wrong but I would like to think in his eyes he was doing you a favour so you got your parcel!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishlass
Apprentice Imagineer

Wouldn't annoy me in the slightest. If you don't want anyone to open your door, it's quite simple... keep your door locked
Our door is a handle door, my mum's elderly, and thankfully we have great neighbours who have all lived here over 40 years so everyone keeps an eye on everyone else.

We have the same postman and he knows my mum isn't able to get to the door as quick as she needs to get away so he opens our door, leaves the parcel on the stair or on the couch and closes it again, semi locking it in the process. Our Amazon delivery drivers leave it on the step, and cover it with a box we have out the front. I'd rather they done something like this than take it away again and I have to go pick it up from somewhere.

If you had such a problem with it what did you say to the delivery man at the time? Did you ask them not to do it again? Poor guy/girl has been trying to do something nice and ensure it didn't get wet etc and they're getting complained about instead.
If you don't want it to happen again, keep the door locked and when ordering from Amazon next time ensure you leave specific instructions on where to leave your items in future.
Irishlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

We have a front porch and often put on our order to leave stuff in the porch. They never ever listen, ring the bell etc. Today I came home and amazon driver had left £100 hair straighteners on the door step in the rain, it wasn’t even in an amazon box! Luckily we live in a good area otherwise it would be gone! Not happy at all.
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

All our doors have a door handle on the outside, it never occured to me to change the but we do always lock all the doors.