Notices

Old 13 Apr 16, 04:43 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Day 2 - Busch Gardens, Maggianos - April 2016, Scottishnellies 2nd Live Florida Trip Report

I was up at 5am doing my trip report. Cant wait until I can sleep right through until a normal time. Took me about 5 days last year so I am not holding my breath.

Crawled back into bed about 6:30 hoping to get another hour or so. Did finally manage to doze a bit until we all got up at 8am. I am amazed Kieran slept til that time as he was as bad as me with getting up early last year. Showers, sun cream, cereal and out the door to head to Busch Gardens. I had wanted to be there around 10am which is when it opens but we got stuck behind an accident about 20mins from the park and were either stationary or crawling for the next 5 miles. In the end we parked up ($18 parking fee) and were in the park at 11am.

Kieran was desperate to get to Cheetah Hunt so we headed there after a wee visit to the real Cheetahs. It said it was a 15min wait but was more like 8m so we came off and as it then said 5mins we went straight back on. This time walking straight on. Still love the smooth loopyness of this ride. We headed from there to Mantu and just as I was about to ask Kevin why there seemed to be an awful lot of people heading towards us a guy called over that the ride was closed and they hoped to open it within the hour. We turned back and took the sky car right to the back of the park. We wanted to get the water rides done early so we had plenty of time to dry off as we knew we would get soaked to the skin and hadn't bothered to bring changes of clothes.

We spent some time looking at the tigers (mine and Hannah's favourites) and got a couple of photos of the white Bengal trying to taste my kids through the glass!

Lockered up, and walked straight on Congo River Rapids and yes, Hannah and I both got completely soaked. Right down to the undies. Kevin and Kieran, on the very 2 seats next to us somehow got off almost Scot free! Wee patches but that was it. Suitably soaked, we headed to Jungala area to do the other water rides. This is where we discovered the log flume was bone dry with workies walking all over it, and Tanganyika Tidal Wave was all boarded up and cordoned off. Stopped a CM who explained the Tidal Wave has been closed down permanently just a few days ago, and the log flume they were hoping to get up and running later in the afternoon. So we traipsed back up to ride Kumba instead while we still had the locker in that area for another half hour. The lockers have doubled in price this year. Instead of 2 X 25cents into a locker, they are now all automated and it is now $1 note or you can use a card to pay. Same at Seaworld.

Moved round so the kids could have a play in Tree Top Trails while we got the drinks cup refilled and I stood in the sun to dry.

We decided to have lunch at the Zambia smokehouse which was a good choice. Kevin had a half chicken platter

Hannah had kids chicken nuggets n fries

Kieran had grilled chicken kids meal with fries

I wasn't that hungry so had a side of Mac n cheese and a wee bit of Kevin's chicken

WORK IN PROGRESS! Will be back ti finish this later as the wifi not playing along! Sorry.

The food was all really nice. Especially the soft juicy chicken.

By now it was just after 2pm and we had been sitting watching Sheikra while having lunch so that was next. I had said from the minute I stepped off it last year that I would never do it again and nothing had changed so I found a wee seat in the shade whilst Kevin and the kids went on. Then Hannah sat with me while the boys went on again. This was a walk on and most folk were coming off and going straight back on again. I was surprised how quiet the park was today to be honest. Much quieter than last year with almost all rides a straight walk on or only a 5 min wait. We wondered if it because they are having the food and wine festival at weekends, and maybe folk are all going then instead of midweek.

We finished here, and since we passed by the stall on our way to the last part of the park, it would have been rude not to buy some dippin dots!

The kids stopped off for a play in the Sesame Street Safari of fun then we headed to Pantopia. When we arrived Falcons Fury was off and they were saying they hoped to run it within an hour. So the kids went on Scorpion, the wee rollercoaster and by the time they came off FF was on again. They went on in total about 5 or 6 times! Then Kevin and I planted ourselves outside the beer place while the kids ran around going on all the other wee rides.

was nearly 5pm and we decided we would see if Montu was running since we missed it this morning. This was on, and again no wait time. We all went on together, then Kevin and Kieran went on a few more times. To be honest I am not even sure how many times!

It was now 5:30 and we were all seriously flagging so made our way towards the exit. By the time we had loo breaks, got the tram and out of the car park it was after 6 before we really set off and after 7 before we reached the Rosen. Kieran slept the whole way home and woke up as we drove into the Rosen car park saying wow, we got home really quick this time. Bless. Hannah dozed for about 20 minutes or so too.

Kevin took Kieran down for a dip in the pool whilst Hannah and I started showers.

We went to Maggianos tonight.

The kids had kids meal cheese flatbreads

(Kieran asked for Pepperoni on his which they were happy to do).

I had chicken Piccanta and asked them to swap out the spaghetti for mash. This was really tasty.

Kevin had pasta and meatball which he said was really nice but very filling.

Then the kids shared a New York Cheesecake. Sorry it has a bite out – they were like a pair of vultures when it hit the table. Bill was $60 and I tipped it up to $73. When we left we fancied another drink so stopped in at Millers Ale house for a pomegranate margarita for me and a beer for Kevin. Hannah made a tiny dent in a Diet Coke the it was time to call it a night and head for bed.

Today is a free day on our planner. We think we might do a bit of shopping and just use the hotel pool as we have 3 big days ahead after that at Universal.

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 16, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Morning guys, hope you are having a fab time and looking forward to reading more later.
Helen is the hotel wifi really rubbish? I've got my eldest daughter and her boyfriend who will no doubt at times be posting random garbage on Facebook and the likes lol so could be a disaster for them 😢😉.
Thanks
Sam x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 16, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Morning guys, hope you are having a fab time and looking forward to reading more later.
Helen is the hotel wifi really rubbish? I've got my eldest daughter and her boyfriend who will no doubt at times be posting random garbage on Facebook and the likes lol so could be a disaster for them 😢😉.
Thanks
Sam x
Hi Sam

Yeah we really are having a brilliant time. And no - the wifi is fine the vast majority of the time. To be honest I think it's me not being technical enough. It's getting all the photos from the various phones they were taken on, onto the iPad to have access to upload them that's my problem. I only seem to be able to do it when the wifi is particularly strong. For example now, when I can't sleep and the rest of the hotel is! When I am saying the wifi isn't playing it is good enough to access the Internet but I can't get my photos to move over so I am stuck. There is probably some simple way to do it I don't know what it is!

We are planning to do a bit of shopping this morning then come back and use the hotel later so hopefully I will have more hotel stuff to add for you today. Suffice to say though that all 4 of us are perfectly happy with it and wouldn't hesitate to come here again.

Not long for you now

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 16, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

What a fantastic day, I can't believe how many rides you all did, how brilliant!

Hope you have another fun day today, looking forward to hearing all about it
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 16, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by scottishnellie - 13 Apr 16 11:36 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 16, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen0705
Imagineer

Helen0705's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another fun day for the the four of you .
I like your dress !

Helen
Helen0705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 16, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
debsym62
Imagineer

debsym62's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great day, I didn't know they were closing the tidal wave ride, such a shame
debsym62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 16, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Hi again Helen, thanks for the wifi update lol. Just finished reading your report and another great day, your kids look so happy to be going on Falcons fury 😀 Lilly is desperate to ride it but I doubt I'll even be able to watch her lol 😳😳. Enjoy your day today looking forward to seeing a bit more of this Rosen if you post big like you say not long for us now , just having ten minutes on dibb between filling cases. Great to hear you've all enjoyed your stay there and it sounds a brilliant location for plenty of great places to eat 😀.
Look forward to reading more tomorrow
Sam x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 16, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
closeder
slightly serious Dibber

Another great day, a long one too I would have been in my bed by the time you were going out for dinner at this stage in the holiday!

Index to my trip reports at link below, updating live
"Over the hill and sailing away March 2017"
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/repo...p?userid=36640
closeder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 16, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A brilliant day at Busch Gardens with little or no wait times, that's just perfect. Again your food looks delicious. Happy shopping for today.