Notices

Old 23 Apr 16, 03:23 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Day 12. Mall At Millenia, Cheesecake Factory, North Face, Florida Mall - April 2016, Scottishnellie

Well you have probably guessed by the title that today didn't turn out to be the complete rest day I had said it would be eh?

Last night after sitting around the pool, we spent a couple of hours in the games room playing pool and wii sports. During this time Kieran and Kevin decided they would start with a lazy morning but about 11 or 12 would head to a water park, while Hannah and I lazed around in the sun by the pool. When I got up (at 8:30 no less, a real long lie!) this changed those plans

Given today looked like the worst day weather wise for this week, the pool and water park were sidelined in favour of shopping. We decided we would still let Hannah sleep until she woke herself as she needs her rest more than others. She woke earlier than we expected at 10am and was surprisingly ok about the change of plans.

We still took it slow getting ready and left the villa about 11:30. We were originally heading for the Florida Mall followed by The Mall At Millenia and Cheesecake Factory, but when Google Maps took us right up around the 429 to avoid an accident on the I4, we changed the order. Hannah was going nuts thinking that meant no Cheesecake Factory but we reassured her we just make it late lunch / early dinner before we moved to the Florida Mall!

Reaching MoM, we initially split into girls and boys and went our separate ways to visit the shops we wanted, regrouping in time for Cheesecake Factory. I will show you what we bought, where, and for how much. So scroll on to the cheesecake if shopping bores you!

My first purchase, and I am blaming Hazel (closeder) for this, was shoes in Macy's. I had answered Hazel asking why I hadn't bought any shoes yet by explaining its not easy for me as I have massive size 9 feet, which is an 11 here. I was serious. When I shop in the size 9 aisle at TK Maxx there is usually just me and a couple of trannies looking for Perspex platforms. In Macy's I spotted this pair of Michael Kors heels in a size 11. They fitted perfect and look great.

They were reduced from $175 to $122.50. I asked the girl if that was the final price and if I could use the 10% discount from the booklet we picked up at guest services. She told me they had a sale starting the next day which would give me 25% off if I could come back then. I explained we wouldn't be back. After she watched me try them on and Hannah going 'Oh Mum, you HAVE to get them' she whispered to me she would take the 25% off if we did it by paying for them through a gift card. So I assume she gets commission on selling those then. Too right honey, you put them through whichever way you like if you are giving me the discount. So she totalled it up to $97.86 with the discount off and the tax added, sold me a gift card for that amount, then paid for the shoes with it.

I love l'occitane hand creams so bought a couple of large lavender ones and one in rose. These just melt into your skin and smell amazing. You can get them at home but I was happy with what I paid for these large ones

Bath and body works next. Hannah's haul is on the left, mine on the right. See the hand soaps this year PoolieJoolie? Hand sanitisers are 5 for $6, hand soaps 4 for $20

Next up was Sephora. Ooooo I had been planning this all year. I walked around picking up bits I had wanted to get or had seen on other dibbers lists, Then I wanted a new foundation and was looking at them when the girl came over to help. Next thing I was in the chair, makeup off, new primer, foundation, powder and blush. I have to admit she was very good, explaining what she would recommend and why. And she wasn't hard sell. I had pretty much decided I was going to buy all 4 things she had used as I really liked the result but she only gave me the foundation and I had to ask her for the other things too. I ended up with this wee haul and Hannah's 3 things are on the left. My haul left to right are Make up Forever HD Foundation, A brush set idenitical to one I got last year and love, Hangover skin primer, Laura Mercier powder, Becca Blush in flowerchild, A Sephora lip stain, urban decay eyeshadow primer in Eden (I love this and use it all the time), and a lippy in O.G. Red. Hannah got an eyeliner, lip liner and lipstick.

Hannah then bought a couple of pairs of Jeans in H&M. Nothing she couldn't have got at home but no matter

MaM done, we headed to Cheesecake Factory where Kevin had gone 15m earlier to get a table. We chose outside as it was very dull, but still dry and warm.

We were pretty predictable with what we ordered and we loved what we had last time!

Hannah had kids chicken quesadillas

Kieran had kids pepperoni pizza

Kevin had Cajun Jambalaya Pasta

And I ordered and appetiser of Crispy Crab Wontons

Everything was yum! The only thing I didn't taste was the pizza And Kieran said it was lovely but maybe too much cheese.

Will show how the items were described on the menu next

We followed with the obligatory cheesecake. Kevin and I shared white chocolate and raspberry and managed to finish it

Hannah had salted caramel, which was finished with a little help from her dad

And Kieran had a triple chocolate tower, which he managed half of and we boxed the rest.

We also took a Dulche de leche to go. Which is in the fridge. Waiting patiently for me.

The server was brilliant and I gave him a nice tip.

We then popped into the North Face store at Premium Outlets International Drive as it was only 10 minutes away and Hannah hadn't managed to get the jumper she wanted in the one at Vineland. That was supposed to be all we were going in for. Uh-huh. Kevin bought a black jacket shown on the left, I got a grey waterproof parka (so cosy) and Hannah got her jumper. You can see from the receipt these were a bargain and it would have been daft not to get them. But I think I better stay away from NF now. Who goes to Florida and comes back with 4 winter jackets and 2 fleeces? Em, the McNicols do.

Time to go to The Florida Mall where we circled off the shops we wanted to do to ensure no doubling up and off we went.

We got Kieran 4 t-shirts and a polo shirt for a total of $38.29 in GAP

Kevin got a shirt and polo shirt in Penguin

And I got another pair of shoes. Hazel! This is your fault! I love Nine West. Mainly because in the UK all of their shoes go up to a 9, unlike most stores size 8. So when I ask do you have these in a 9? I don't get the wide eyed disgusted look I sometimes get in other shops. Here was no different. I saw a pair of glitzy flats I fancied and asked if they had them in a size 11. Not only was the girl lovely and friendly but she brought them back along with some other size 11s she had in the sale. That's how I ended up with these babies for $71.09. Love them!

We rounded off the day with a visit to the M&M shop. Well Kieran had patiently been trailed round 3 separate shopping malls, hadn't complained (much) and it was now 7pm.

They now have Star Wars M&Ms. Star Wars everywhere!

Then we headed off out under angry skies to head for home, the kids lightning spotting all the way home. No pool tonight. The others are all on the wii wall in the games room (I think it's golf tonight) while I rattle up this TR. I almost didn't do it tonight as I am so tired, but Kieran helped lay the shopping out for photos so I hadn't the heart not to. I am just about to go join them with my wine and whoop their butts at pool though. Hee hee!

Tomorrow – Hollywood Studios, and all things Star Wars for my boy

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 16, 03:52 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by scottishnellie - 23 Apr 16 3:52 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 16, 06:02 AM  
Link to this Post
jorm35
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Wow - lots of bargains today 👍
Old 23 Apr 16, 06:03 AM  
Link to this Post
k l is excited
Imagineer

That's what you call a fab shopping day. The cheesecake look delicious,it's another must try on our next visit as we haven't been before. So glad you managed to write your trippie, I love reading it first thing in the morning.

Have fun at Hollywood studios. X
Old 23 Apr 16, 06:24 AM  
Link to this Post
twinkleshmoo
Very Serious Dibber

Fab shopping day with some great bargains. You must be over the moon with those gorgeous shoes! Cheesecake Factory is a must Have a great day at Hollywood Studios
Old 23 Apr 16, 06:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinkle-Dolphin
Apprentice Imagineer

What a great day - one of my favourites - shopping & Cheesecake Factory
Old 23 Apr 16, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Great shopping haul, your shoes are gorgeous, wish I could wear heels like that. Have a great day x
pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 16, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Great shopping day! So good of you to take the time to photograph and detail everything so well

I did laugh at your 'trannies and Perspex platforms' comment

So, North Face at Premium Outlets might be worth a visit too, I'm list making!

Have fun at HS today x
JoJo88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 16, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
I did laugh at your 'trannies and Perspex platforms' comment
Me too lol

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 16, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Rachel1
Imagineer

Great day- we are hoping to bring back sone North Face bargains too!

Rachel x

2016 Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/repo...p?userid=29250
Rachel1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List