Notices

Old 25 Jul 18, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

The Pezzer Duo All Of The Food Photos...day 3 Cape May And Homecomin

Today was supposed to be our rest day but Eva really wanted to go back to Epcot to do some pin trading and stroll the world showcase as we didn't get the chance yesterday.

We had changed our early breakfast reservation from 8.30 to 9.30 at cape May cafe as we wanted to sleep in a bit. I was still awake at 5.30 so I did a bit of work in my room with coffee until Eva woke up at which point we caught an uber over to Beach Club - $6 5 minute drive ... way more convenient than 2 buses.

Cape May Cafe is a character buffet breakfast. The characters you will find here are Minnie, Daisy, Donald and Goofy all in their beach outfits ready to surf. Excellent character interaction we saw them twice each it's a lot less busy than Chef Mickey in here. We had a very happy Eva who declared Donald her new favourite character.

The Food ... its a standard buffet. Couple of variety of scrambled eggs including one with goats cheese, poached egg with corned beef hash and hot sauce (this was great) pastry and toast station, fruits, tator tots (a perry fave) and best of all the made to order omelette station.

Specialty drinks menu ... I just had coffee and juice wasn't really up for 9.30am cocktails

Lots of tator tots...

Omelette station no queue to speak of whilst we were there

Omelette menu I had the western ...ham cheese and some veggies

Those things on the right are the poached eggs with hash and hot sauce they are delicious

Kids station ... pancakes and waffles and tator tots

In world showcase I tried a citrus Sake $7 .. it was quite sweet but nice ... do t think I could manage more than one though as it's quite strong...

This is the sake menu. I got this inside the big shop in Japan there is a sake bar right at the back of the store in the marketplace bit where they sell all the food and drinks..

After our stroll around world showcase we headed back to POR to change and headed straight back out to Disney Springs on the boat for our ADR at Homecomin. I'd been looking forward to trying it here as we both love fried chicken.

We started with the devilled eggs to share .. half without bacon for Eva (who then picked my bacon off and ate it) .

These were quite tasty ... I'd have preferred to try the green tomatoes but wanted something to share which limited fussy pants choices..

They bring you 6 whole eggs... who eats 6 whole eggs for starters? We managed 4 between us..

To drink I had a glass of Sauvignon Blanc

For main course we both had the fried chicken which came with mash and a cheese scone and some pickles. Eva swapped mash for chips. We also got some macaroni cheese.

This was all fantastic. Way too much food - but we gave it a good go. You get 3 massive pieces of chicken and if you prefer all breast they will bring that which Eva did. The Mac was a star dish it's sooooo good. Two adults could easily share one portion though ... I managed one and a bit out of 3 pieces of my chicken. We did box up the chicken and the hummingbird cake to take back to our room. No pud photo as it melted. I scoffed it watching tv back at base.

Hot sauce ... I bought a bottle of this to take home..

Our shopping from the day ... couple more hoodies, pins, hot sauce, popcorn and Mickey

When I say our shopping I mean Eva's ... the only thing that's mine from our shopping so far is the hot sauce!

Tomorrow is Character breakfast at the Boardwalk and the day at Hollywood Studios .. we will eat at Hollywood Brown Derby Fantasmic Package .. can't wait to check out Toy Story Land

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Pez01 - 25 Jul 18 11:14 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
More great food

Joan
Old 25 Jul 18, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I really like breakfast at Cape May, we are going back this year and I don't remember them having an omelette station last time around so I am all for that!

Glad to see Homecomin' didn't disappoint, I couldn't fault it.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Looks amazing.

I love that chicken meal.

How did you go about buying the hot sauce? Do you need to request it from the server?

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
kansaskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Phwoar all looks amazing today, we’ve got Homecoming booked, thanks for sharing!
Old 25 Jul 18, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Another good day, any plan involving a decent breakfast and fried chicken would get my vote.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I really like breakfast at Cape May, we are going back this year and I don't remember them having an omelette station last time around so I am all for that!

Glad to see Homecomin' didn't disappoint, I couldn't fault it.
I’m pretty sure the omelette station is recent it definitely wasn’t there last August... I do love a fresh omelette

Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by MissFortune View Post
Looks amazing.

I love that chicken meal.

How did you go about buying the hot sauce? Do you need to request it from the server?
Well I poured a load on my boiled eggs and told the service vet I liked it and she said you can buy it so I was sold ... it’s pretty fiery which I love ... so just ask ... I cannot find the receipt to tell you what I paid ...

Old 25 Jul 18, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pez01 View Post
Well I poured a load on my boiled eggs and told the service vet I liked it and she said you can buy it so I was sold ... it’s pretty fiery which I love ... so just ask ... I cannot find the receipt to tell you what I paid ...
Edit not service vet I meant server 😂