Notices

Old 27 Jun 19, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

I feel your pain with the bites. They are really bad! I too am a magnet for insects. In 2016 with the zika threat I went with a spray that contained Picardin (on amazon) as they were recommending it on the usa sight (cdc I think) It worked well but to be honest Disney were constantly spraying insecticide so there were way less about. Last May I didn't use it much at all and on the last day by the pool at CBR I got bitten on the back of my leg. Never saw what did it but I ended up in A & E for antibiotics as soon as I landed home. The itching is unbearable and you have so many you poor thing. This year I am going armed. Taking garlic tablets every day for 3 weeks before and during trip. Taking an antihistamine every day as they work better if in your system before you're bitten. No perfumes or scented products like sweet sun creams while away and I will be applying spray constantly! Hope you get some relief.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Helen the mozzies are vicious at the minute 20+ years coming to Florida and I’ve never had bites till now
Tried everything but calamine is all that’s helping
Otherwise looks like a great day
Did you know Aldi are now doing home delivery here works fine I’ve tried it this trip
And the Aldi close to where you stay is also delivering
Oh thanks for that Helen. That will be great 👍

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by scottishnellie - 27 Jun 19 1:22 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
Mobile

I’ve added a bunch of Kevin’s SLR photos to this report just now. Some of them are lovely.

And just a wee bite update - the new stuff has worked wonders!

I slept like a log, no itching, and all the swelling has gone down so they are not painful anymore either. Yee-ha. This stuff really eased them

Then this combo to prevent them has made a huge difference. I have 2 bites I think are new but it’s actually possible I had them even before I used this stuff

Hooray!

Helen xx

trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
WOW ! the SLR photo's are stunning, would make a lovely calendar for home. Pleased to hear the creams and sprays have all helped , at least you can enjoy the rest of your time at AMI. Amazing pictures it looks beautiful
macy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Rob & Jan
Being a bit Goofy

Oh Helen your bites look so painful -no wonder you felt grumpy, try vinegar on them-it will sting (and you'll smell like a chip shop ) but it does ease the itch.
Your sunset photos are lovely-hope you manage the boat trip before Saturday.
Rob & Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
What a lovely peaceful day! I hope your bites improve!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
adidassler
Helping Minnie

I get bitten like a bandit by midges here in Scotland, and swear by Avon skin so soft, appreciate it might be harder to source in Florida, but a quick look on Avon.com shows a few reps on AMI.
adidassler is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

I feel your pain Helen, I got bit like that a couple of years ago at OKW. Your lotions and potions look very similar to the ones I got, but I will keep a note of the ones you have purchased that actually work! Fabulous day again though, hope you get on your boat trip.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by adidassler View Post
I get bitten like a bandit by midges here in Scotland, and swear by Avon skin so soft, appreciate it might be harder to source in Florida, but a quick look on Avon.com shows a few reps on AMI.
Yes I was already using SSS and jungle formula and I’ve been taking antihistamines every day for weeks. None of that worked. Then the 40% deet stuff from Walmart worked for Kevin and Hannah but not me.

Helen xx

trip report list by year