Notices

Old 26 Sep 19, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tink111 View Post
Sounds like a fantastic trip! Will be following along- the YC looks lovely !
Thank you. It feels a bit different this time as Sally and chloe are much more excited and wanting to be involved in the planning whereas last time it was all left to me as they didn't really get it. We think Emma and Benjamin are just going to love it next time. We are really looking forward to YC and it will feel like returning home after BC last time and then Hibiscus Ridge again --- whenever Emma sees pictures of Hibiscus Ridge she calls it, "our villa", I'm convinced she thinks we own it...… I'll leave that the actual owners as Debra is fantastic to deal with.
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

We don't fly until the end of July so you'll be back before we've left. I won't be jealous of your shorter countdown at all!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 19, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
We don't fly until the end of July so you'll be back before we've left. I won't be jealous of your shorter countdown at all!
Don't worry. I think you will have the last laugh as it looks like you fly out the night before we fly home. I know who will be jealous then

I have already bookmarked your food report to go back and make notes on cocktails nearer the time. We are desperate to engineer a Trader Sams visit next time.

I'm trying to hold off on your main trip report as I do love a good binge read
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Thumbs up

So, one more thing crossed off the to do list. I have been putting off booking our pre travel day Airport hotel as I was hoping prices would drop. I have bitten the bullet today and booked two rooms at the Premier Inn north. It was more than I wanted to pay but with the meal deal added it still works out less than I can get a family room (without breakfast) at the Hilton. I would have liked to have stayed at the Hilton again but this makes more sense this time. I've seen the Premier Inn north in so many trip reports and Vlogs that I think it will do the job just fine.

Old 15 Oct 19, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

So looking forward to following along ... disappointed I've only just found this though! It sounds amazing. I know what you mean about Universal. I feel we could probably give it a miss this time but Mr Grump really wants to do it.

Can't wait to see what ADRs you make x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
So, one more thing crossed off the to do list. I have been putting off booking our pre travel day Airport hotel as I was hoping prices would drop. I have bitten the bullet today and booked two rooms at the Premier Inn north. It was more than I wanted to pay but with the meal deal added it still works out less than I can get a family room (without breakfast) at the Hilton. I would have liked to have stayed at the Hilton again but this makes more sense this time. I've seen the Premier Inn north in so many trip reports and Vlogs that I think it will do the job just fine.

At the end of the day it's just a bed for a night isn't it? Just think of the extra money you'll save Xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

We've done pretty much all the premier inns near Gatwick. We did the PI north in 2018, it's really handy in the morning to just walk to the terminal or if you fly out of the south then you can just catch the shuttle over and that's really frequent. We did the meal deal too! Love a premier inn breakfast. In fact it was my birthday last week and as part of the celebrations we went to the local PI for breakfast. A great way to start your holiday.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
So looking forward to following along ... disappointed I've only just found this though! It sounds amazing. I know what you mean about Universal. I feel we could probably give it a miss this time but Mr Grump really wants to do it.

Can't wait to see what ADRs you make x
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
At the end of the day it's just a bed for a night isn't it? Just think of the extra money you'll save Xx
I really like Universal but I just don't think I can justify the cost when will only ever fill 2 days for us at the moment. If we hadn't been last year then it would be different but I'm happy to wait until the kids are a bit older before we do it again.
I'm sure I will struggle to make the DR decisions again ! We only have 79 days until ADR day so it is coming round quick again. I will have to make the decision as to whether to upgrade before then.
We have three cars in our household that all managed to have something fairly major go wrong with them within 4 days of each other this month so there could be some extras that don't get added this time

It would have been nice to all be together in the family room at the Hilton again but it probably saves nearly £200 all in by using the Premier Inn and as you say it is only really a bed for the night.
Old 16 Oct 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
We've done pretty much all the premier inns near Gatwick. We did the PI north in 2018, it's really handy in the morning to just walk to the terminal or if you fly out of the south then you can just catch the shuttle over and that's really frequent. We did the meal deal too! Love a premier inn breakfast. In fact it was my birthday last week and as part of the celebrations we went to the local PI for breakfast. A great way to start your holiday.
It does seem to get really good reviews and I'm sure Emma will enjoy starting the day with a ride on the transit to the South Terminal if last year was anything to go by

Funnily enough, we had a night out for my birthday in the Summer and stayed with friends at a Premier Inn with no complaints at all.
Old 24 Oct 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great read! We are going next year too and can’t wait! Your plans sound great what a lovely holiday it will be for 28 nights! I look forward to seeing your plans swap and change and your end result! Have you picked any ADR’s yet?
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List