Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
ahhh Julia these pictures are stunning, love the little village you stopped at it looks so interesting, that sunset you saw is absolutely beautiful, what a great start to your trip, I wish one of us could drive when when I see the USA road trip reports, looking forward to reading more
Ahhh thank you Nicki. It was very interesting and so worth stopping by.
We were blown away with the sunset it was a truly memorable night, one of my favourites.
Maybe one day you might be able to drive?

Thanks for reading along
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow I’ve seen the Grand Canyon by helicopter but that doesn’t compare to your pics! Another place to add to the list when we eventually get to the west coast - thanks for sharing Julia x
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Wow I’ve seen the Grand Canyon by helicopter but that doesn’t compare to your pics! Another place to add to the list when we eventually get to the west coast - thanks for sharing Julia x
Must be so spectacular seeing the Grand Canyon from above Michelle.

If you can visit the South rim I would highly recommend it xx
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Oh wow is all I can say! Your photos are amazing, certainly better than mine as we had a white out from the snow
I will definitely return in the warmer months to take in the spectacular scenery.
You managed to pack so much in as well as the long drive, just so many interesting things to see and do!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Oh wow is all I can say! Your photos are amazing, certainly better than mine as we had a white out from the snow
I will definitely return in the warmer months to take in the spectacular scenery.
You managed to pack so much in as well as the long drive, just so many interesting things to see and do!
I remember looking at your photo's of the Grand Canyon and the snow and thinking wow i didn't even realise that could happen!

There really is a lot to see on that road, quite fascinating.
Old 31 Jan 20, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

What an absolutely amazing day! I loved seeing your photos of Kingman AZ, one of the places we'll visit in May. It looks like an interesting place and a good way to break up your journey a bit.

Would you mind telling me a bit about the Grand Canyon pass that you bought? We were just going to pay at the gate, so to speak... I didn't know you could pre-buy passes. Was the bus covered with the pass, or just entry to the park?

Stunning photos at Grand Canyon. And wow, that sunset. Memories to treasure for sure.

Edited to add: We were thinking of getting a coolbox for the car, but I can't think how to re-freeze the blocks that go in it between days. I'm guessing most of the rooms we stay in will have a fridge but not a freezer. How did you keep the coolbox cool after your initial bag of ice melted? Sorry for all of the questions The other thing we thought was to get an electric coolbox that plugs into the car, but they're quite expensive.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022

Edited at 08:47 PM.
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
What an absolutely amazing day! I loved seeing your photos of Kingman AZ, one of the places we'll visit in May. It looks like an interesting place and a good way to break up your journey a bit.

Would you mind telling me a bit about the Grand Canyon pass that you bought? We were just going to pay at the gate, so to speak... I didn't know you could pre-buy passes. Was the bus covered with the pass, or just entry to the park?

Stunning photos at Grand Canyon. And wow, that sunset. Memories to treasure for sure.

Edited to add: We were thinking of getting a coolbox for the car, but I can't think how to re-freeze the blocks that go in it between days. I'm guessing most of the rooms we stay in will have a fridge but not a freezer. How did you keep the coolbox cool after your initial bag of ice melted? Sorry for all of the questions The other thing we thought was to get an electric coolbox that plugs into the car, but they're quite expensive.
It's really not long until your trip is it i bet you can't wait!
Kingman was a great little stop for us and it did break the journey up lovely like the other places too. There's so many interesting and quirky places to visit you're going to be spoiled for choice!
Yes you pay on the gate Lynda, are you visiting any more national parks? If so it might be worth you getting the annual national parks pass which is $80 and you buy it at the gate of the first park you visit. What we did was buy one from Ebay which had the 1 signature on as you can have 2 signatures on the pass for 2 different families. Hope that makes sense.

We didn't buy any blocks we used used ice from the ice machines in the motels. Think we had to buy ice once when we first bough the cool box as we weren't returning to the hotel. In Yosemite though we just filled it up with cold water which worked for our soft drinks and beer
Our cool box cost $10 which we didn't think was bad.

Edited as i forgot to say that the buses are free within Grand Canyon. You will get a map when you enter the park and it details the bus routes. You can also find the routes easily online on the national parks website

Edited at 08:31 PM.
Old 2 Feb 20, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by juliab View Post
It's really not long until your trip is it i bet you can't wait!
Kingman was a great little stop for us and it did break the journey up lovely like the other places too. There's so many interesting and quirky places to visit you're going to be spoiled for choice!
Yes you pay on the gate Lynda, are you visiting any more national parks? If so it might be worth you getting the annual national parks pass which is $80 and you buy it at the gate of the first park you visit. What we did was buy one from Ebay which had the 1 signature on as you can have 2 signatures on the pass for 2 different families. Hope that makes sense.

We didn't buy any blocks we used used ice from the ice machines in the motels. Think we had to buy ice once when we first bough the cool box as we weren't returning to the hotel. In Yosemite though we just filled it up with cold water which worked for our soft drinks and beer
Our cool box cost $10 which we didn't think was bad.

Edited as i forgot to say that the buses are free within Grand Canyon. You will get a map when you enter the park and it details the bus routes. You can also find the routes easily online on the national parks website
Thanks for your reply Julia, that’s great information. We’re not visiting any other national parks this trip, so it’s probably not worth us getting the pass.

Ah yes, of course the motels will have ice. Good idea to put some in the cool box each morning.

Good to know they we’ll get a map at GC. I’ll have a look on the website as well before we go 😁.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Thanks for your reply Julia, that’s great information. We’re not visiting any other national parks this trip, so it’s probably not worth us getting the pass.

Ah yes, of course the motels will have ice. Good idea to put some in the cool box each morning.

Good to know they we’ll get a map at GC. I’ll have a look on the website as well before we go 😁.
Your more than welcome Lynda.
Old 2 Feb 20, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by juliab View Post

:
Fab tips there , especially annual pass thing via eBay .
Just had a quick check and some people have got some real bargains
Just for Death Valley and Yosemite might not have been worth it but at eBay prices will definitely save a few quid
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List