Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Feb 10, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
kaboomba
Imagineer

Our wedding plans so far!

Ok so my wedding is ages away but I'm getting so excited and pretty much know what I want to do, so I thought I'd share a little bit with you all, if thats all right!?!

So when on the big hunt for a wedding venue I had looked at the Seamill Hydro and the Moore park house, both loely venues, but everyone where we live seems to get married in these places and we wanted something really different. So i trawlled for ages and found a few that I liked! I had priced up getting married in the People's Palace in Glasgow but Ross then put the kybosh on this when he reminded my that I'd be a drippy mess with all the plants as im allergic...oh well!So the next one was the House of an Art Lover. We went to see this at a mini wedding fayre, ross loved this and the grounds were grogeous...but i had seen another I liked so we held off booking and decided that we'd go and see the other I liked the next day and the rest is history as they say!

Ok so we are getting married on the 14th July 2012 at 1pm. We will be getting married in the Water Lily follwed by the reception at The Vu, its actually all in the same place but all the buildings have different names.
Here's some pictures for you all to see

this is where the ceremony will be held

and this is where our reception will be

I love it, its really unique and its not somewhere any of our frineds or family would get married at so i'm really pleased with our little find!

So we think we have picked our menu, its a 4 course 2 choice meal. So for starters its melon or soup, we've not decided on the soup flavour but that's Ross' job as I dont eat soup. This is followed by a champagne sorbet. For our main meal we have chosen Steak Pie (my fave) or chicken stuffed with haggis. And for dessert Sticky toffee pudding, we're undecided on the 2nd choice as my mum doesn't like anything on the choice list and thinks that other poeple will be the same hmmm...i dont think so but anyway! My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

Before i show you the main room I just wanted to mention how lovely the bridal room is. I love it, get given our own key so i can go in and out to freshen up and leave some stuff in there

The room looks something like this but with different coloured chair sashes and centrepieces.

We are having alternate chair sashes which will be hot pink and orange. Our centre pieces will be tall flute style vases with a floral arrangment made up of pink and orange gerberra daisies and some others. Ross' aunt is a florist and has kindly agreed to do all my flowers as our wedding gift which is lovely!

For the favours I think I'm going to be doing little cupcakes inside clear boxes tied wih either orange or pink ribbon, dependent on the place setting. This is a kind of compromise for me as originall i was having giant lollipops, but as Ross' dad is a retired baker he asked if he could make our wedding cake for us, which is lovley except that I really wanted to do my own. So I've said he can make our cake and I'll do cupcakes.

So heres a piccie of what I'm roughly lookign at for the main cake and the favours

The cupcakes will have a pink or orange siwrl with glittery hearts sprikled on top but this kind of gives you an idea of the look i'm going for

And the cake will be the ribbons again in pink and orange without these flowers but possibly a Disney themed cake topper

So that's pretty much what I've got for the venue details so far, on to the wedding attire.

The Grooms men will be wearing ross tartan which is the McCallum ancient tartan

I haven't picked a dress yet but I have seen a few i like but I'm keeping that secret for now!

My Bridesmaids will be wearing a floor length fushia gown with ornage sash, we seen some really nices dresses when we were at the SECC wedding fayre on saturday but only one of my bridesmaids were with me at the time so we'll need to go all together. Oh I forgot I better mention who my bridesmaids are oops. I'm having my friend from school and friend from uni, they are both going to be cheif bridesmaids as I just couldn't chose between them lol! And I'm also having Ross' little cousin. She is the only girl on his side of the family so I thought it'd be nice to ask her...although i haven't actually asked yet cause we havne't seen her so i hope she says yes lol.

My brother has advised me that will not be, under any cirumstances, be wearing a kilt. This is fine with me but not so much with my mum. He wants to wear a tux and i think he'll look very handsome but my mum has other ideas, im not going to get involved in that one...im sure i'll have other fights on my hands nearer the time! Anyway he shall be walking me down the aisle!

So I think that's enough for just now and I'll update when i get anymore organised!

Hope i didn't bore you too much!

Edited at 06:33 PM.
kaboomba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 10, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
*Lauren-J*
Apprentice Imagineer

Wow sounds amazing! Love the venue and the menu! The favour cakes are gorg! xxx
*Lauren-J* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 10, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Wow, you seem super organised. Looking forward to hearing more details as the time progresses
chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 10, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Oooh everything looks really lovely I love your wedding venue!
Old 24 Feb 10, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post

I love the cake.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 10, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

I am in awe - you are super super organised! We got engaged in Dec and are getting married in Aug and I've had to make a lot of decisions very quickly - but I'm loving the planning so I'm jealous you have two whole years of it! I think m H2b would disagree though! He thinks talking about it for 6 months is bad enough!

I love the look of your venue and the cake. I was going to go for a Disney topper too - but I can't fit it on, but they do do some lovely ones with mickey and minnie in wedding outfits. Having your flowers as a wedding present is fantastic. Keep up the good work!
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 10, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Iloveflorida
Imagineer

Wow I can't believe how organised you are I get married in September this year and I think you have more done than me!
Old 25 Feb 10, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread