Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Sep 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile Connecting in Dublin & Pre-Clearence

Heading to NYC on Friday with friends. I’m meeting them in Dublin airport as they’re flying in from Glasgow. They land at 9.30 & the flight is at 10.50 so 1 hour 20 mins. Will this be enough time? It’s all on one through ticket but I’m worried about immigration as Aer Lingus recommend 90 mins.

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

It is really tight. Personally I always allow 4 hours in Dublin.
They have to be at the gate 45 minutes before the flight. That gives 35 minutes to taxi, disembark, get to US security and immigration and to the gate.
If everything runs perfectly (no delays in their Glasgow flight, no queues at security or immigration etc.) the it can work and some have done it.
But it is what it is and I would make your own plans in case they are delayed.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
It is really tight. Personally I always allow 4 hours in Dublin.
They have to be at the gate 45 minutes before the flight. That gives 35 minutes to taxi, disembark, get to US security and immigration and to the gate.
If everything runs perfectly (no delays in their Glasgow flight, no queues at security or immigration etc.) the it can work and some have done it.
But it is what it is and I would make your own plans in case they are delayed.
Thanks for replying I think it’s tight too, but they said there was no earlier flight so when booking the flight from Glasgow to JFK this is the flight that went with the JFK flight. Think they fly in on Stobort air but think it’s aer Lingus owned.

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
Thanks for replying I think it’s tight too, but they said there was no earlier flight so when booking the flight from Glasgow to JFK this is the flight that went with the JFK flight. Think they fly in on Stobort air but think it’s aer Lingus owned.
AL use Stobart for many of their "regional" flights.
Personally I would have flown in the night before. This is what we always do if going via London or any GB airport. It takes much of the stress out of it.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
AL use Stobart for many of their "regional" flights.
Personally I would have flown in the night before. This is what we always do if going via London or any GB airport. It takes much of the stress out of it.
Yeah me too anything to avoid stress! They’re very relaxed about it as they aren’t panicking I’m the one who is! They’ve never used pre-clearance in Dublin before so I don’t think they know there could be big queues!
Old 3 Sep 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
Yeah me too anything to avoid stress! They’re very relaxed about it as they aren’t panicking I’m the one who is! They’ve never used pre-clearance in Dublin before so I don’t think they know there could be big queues!
I would just worry about yourselves and let them sort themselves out.
Stressing about them will only diminish your own enjoyment. Unfortunately you cant change anything for them so just start to relax and have a great time.
Old 3 Sep 19, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Not putting a downer on things but we had an 85 min connection BA wouldn’t change it and I knew it was too tight. The flight going to Dublin was delayed and we missed our international flight. These connection times are doable if everything is in your favour.
Enjoy your holiday we have just got back and if you have never been on The ride I highly recommend it
Old 4 Sep 19, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We travelled through Dublin this summer on the way to San Francisco. I’ve never seen the security hall and immigration so busy! They must have added a good few more trans Atlantic flights since I last went through in 2017.
We had a 2hr 50 connection and we would have certainly missed our flight if members of staff hadn’t called out our flight so we could bypass the queue. There were over 80 of us still stuck in it so they held the flight for us all, took off over an hour late.
They will try and get you through immigration but if there’s only a few of you I’m not sure they’ll do the same with holding the plane.
Having said that we travelled on the 17th July which is peak holiday season so I should imagine it’ll be quieter now.
I agree with above poster that says just look after yourselves, your friends will make it to NY at some point even if they miss the flight.

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Sorry to jump on the thread OP but a I am feeling a little concerned reading this...

We fly to NYC via Dublin end of October and our layover is only 95 mins, reduced only from 105 mins when originally booked.

This is landing in Dublin at 0920 after taking off from Manchester 0815. I would expect if taking off on time it won't in fact take over an hour from Manchester so hopefully arrive early...

But yes, agree if anything is running late then we are going to run into trouble.

If everything on time do people suggest that 95 mins could be long enough to get through Dublin? BA state the minimum they allow is 80 mins.

This was booked as BA package so one through ticket.

If we miss, will they put us onto another flight either same day (if available) or following date. If so, presume they would put us up in hotel also?

Any suggestions on how to get through DUB any quicker with a 2 year old?

Edited at 07:29 AM.
miked1e is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Sorry to jump on the thread OP but a I am feeling a little concerned reading this...

We fly to NYC via Dublin end of October and our layover is only 95 mins, reduced only from 105 mins when originally booked.

This is landing in Dublin at 0920 after taking off from Manchester 0815. I would expect if taking off on time it won't in fact take over an hour from Manchester so hopefully arrive early...

But yes, agree if anything is running late then we are going to run into trouble.

If everything on time do people suggest that 95 mins could be long enough to get through Dublin? BA state the minimum they allow is 80 mins.

This was booked as BA package so one through ticket.

If we miss, will they put us onto another flight either same day (if available) or following date. If so, presume they would put us up in hotel also?

Any suggestions on how to get through DUB any quicker with a 2 year old?
Try not to worry, 95 minutes in theory is long enough it took us only 20 in 2017!
When you get off the plane at Dublin you might have to be bussed to the main terminal where you have to show your passport again. It will bring you out to where the Pre Clearance is. Join the queue straight away!
You have your passport checked again then go down the escalator to the Security hall. Once through that you’re then in the immigration hall. When we went in 2017 we used the machines but for some reason they weren’t in operation this July. I’m fairly positive a September day will not be anywhere near as busy as in July.
The staff are great there and will do their level best to get you on that plane but if for some reason you do miss it they will get you rebooked for the earliest flight with seats available. This might be indirect though as your options are more limited from Dublin.
As for travelling with a 2 year old just pack lots of things to keep him occupied same as you would for the flight, in fact make sure there’s things to keep you adults occupied as it was long and boring for us too 😂
Have a fab time, we loved New York when we went last summer!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List