Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Sep 19, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I think it's disgusting but quite typical of people's attitude these days. Whatever happened to if you can't afford it you can't have it?
Whilst I generally agree with you I don’t think it’s anything to do with ‘these days’. People have been doing this and having terrible attitudes for decades.
LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by LadyDebs86 View Post
Whilst I generally agree with you I don’t think it’s anything to do with ‘these days’. People have been doing this and having terrible attitudes for decades.
Do you not think that social media and the loadsamoney attitude has made things worse? I would have thought you would.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

Do you not think that social media and the loadsamoney attitude has made things worse? I would have thought you would.
Social media doesn’t really make anything better however if anything, with the advent of fast fashion people are now less likely to do this and will instead just buy a cheap outfit, wear it once and chuck it away rather than bother to return it (something I also disagree with).
LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Donkeys years ago I worked in marks and Spencer’s in A London store. That was back in the day when Marks gave a refund no quibble. A women brought a well worn bra back that hadn’t been in the stores for many years, because it was uncomfortable around the back She got a refund.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve never done it but have heard of people doing it. My mum always laughs about an auntie at a wedding Year’s ago and a fight broke out and she dashed out of the way of anyone spilling drinks cos she was sending the dress back to the club the day after 😂😂.
I feel bad enough if I ever take the tags off and then change my mind - to the point that now I leave tags on and leave the item in the carrier until I am absolutely sure I am not taking it back.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

I'm sure shops will start to refuse refunds unless it is faulty but then they will just undo some stitches and get a refund that way. This will impact retailers as they then cant sell it.
Old 10 Sep 19, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

It’s disgusting what some people will do, just puts the price up for the rest of us.
eBay is no better now buyers can do exactly the same up to 180 days after buying if you are a business seller. I had it on a slightly different note with a dining table I sold, a company used it for an event and sent it back to me by courier the next week 🙄

Edited at 07:02 PM.
Jaspercat10 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
One of the catalogues I use has a massive yellow ticket in a very obvious place on their more expensive clothes. If you remove it it's no refund. Maybe they should all be doing this!
I’ve got a Lipsy dress from Next for a wedding and that has a label on the outside that says something along the lines of no return if this tag is removed.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

My friend returned knickers to marks and spencer after deciding she didn’t like them.Unfortunately the carrier bag she put them in to take them back must have been dirty inside .When she got to the till the man said “madam we can’t take these back they are SOILED 🙈🙈🙈🙈
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

This is not just clothing, i brought a printer from Argos on Sat then realised it wasn't wireless so i took it back unopened today. Before i could have a refund they explained even though it was still sealed they have to open it to check it as it has been known for people to take the inks,or cables and still get a refund and in one case an expensive and heavy Hi Fi had been replaced with bricks ! unbelievable.
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List