Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 Mar 18, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Taralee
Trying for More Ears

Quiet spot for fireworks?

Hi, my daughter has a condition called vasovagal syncope - it causes her to faint when in crowds. We took her to a concert and that's a definite no no😁 previously we have tried to stay way back at Main Street and she stands to one side- we tried getting to the front of the castle really early but by the start of fireworks the crowds had gotten huge. I really ruins her experience.
Can anyone advise if the dessert parties become crowded or if there is anywhere quiet we could watch from that has a good view. Thanks for any suggestions. 😊
Taralee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
catki11
Apprentice Imagineer

We’re doing the Plaza Garden version of the HEA dessert party this year. My DS (12) has ASD and DCD and can’t cope with standing around in crowds for too long. The reviews I’ve seen (inc videos) show the viewing area having plenty of room, people aren’t jammed in and the view looks great. It’s not cheap but worth it as we wouldn’t be able to do HEA otherwise
Old 18 Mar 18, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Taralee
Trying for More Ears

Thanks - that sounds ideal, and like you say well worth the money to enjoy HEA 😊
Taralee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

Would you mind telling me about the Plaza viewing area. We are the same with disabled daughter unable to wait or manage the crowd.
It looks like the Epcot fireworks can be seen from anywear
Hollywood Studios is seated (so will feel less crowded to her) and thats fine and we don't mind if we end up at the back.
I think Animal kingdoms is seated the same way
So its just Magic Kingdoms night show that we may struggle with.

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post

For Epcot, I find the upper part of the Canada pavilion, right at the top of the first set of steps is a great spot if you don't want to deal with crowds. It's rarely busy and the view is fine, if not quite as good as on the lagoon front itself. There are even a couple of benches up there for waiting if you get up there in time - we've found 20 minutes before is plenty. We then tend to walk from there out of the International Gateway, walk to Beach Club and get a taxi back to our hotel, avoiding the main gate crowds exiting through the front of the park.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
catki11
Apprentice Imagineer

This is one of the most recent reviews I read/watched

apinchofpixiedust/201...ert-party.html
Old 20 Mar 18, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Taralee
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Wildcard898 View Post
For Epcot, I find the upper part of the Canada pavilion, right at the top of the first set of steps is a great spot if you don't want to deal with crowds. It's rarely busy and the view is fine, if not quite as good as on the lagoon front itself. There are even a couple of benches up there for waiting if you get up there in time - we've found 20 minutes before is plenty. We then tend to walk from there out of the International Gateway, walk to Beach Club and get a taxi back to our hotel, avoiding the main gate crowds exiting through the front of the park.
Thanks for this - I hadn't considered Epcot as we ate at the rose and crown last time and saw them from there but this seems like great alternative 😊
Old 20 Mar 18, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Taralee
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by catki11 View Post
This is one of the most recent reviews I read/watched

apinchofpixiedust/201...ert-party.html
Thanks for adding this - sounds like the dessert part is pretty, meh, but the viewing once on the grass is excellent so I think it would be worth it for that 😊
Old 21 Mar 18, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

In EPCOT anywhere at the far end of World Showcase hasn't been too bad from my recent experiences. MK can be a nightmare but the other night we came out of Monsters Inc Laugh Floor after the fireworks had started and managed to have a pretty good view on the corner of the building before the bridge to the hub. Just don't try and leave straight afterwards if she doesn't like crowds.
Old 21 Mar 18, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Mousehunter
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Wildcard898 View Post
Thank you for this tip. It sounds a great place to watch in peace
Mousehunter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List