Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 4 Jun 19, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
charlie81
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

to buggy or not to buggy

Hi,

We have two children aged 3 and 4. We originally thought no buggy as we are there for three nights and four days (outbound flights early morning flights homeward flights early evening) and I was hoping we can try and just be relaxed about it all, see what we see and not worry too much about what we don't. I was also hoping we'd have plenty of time with EMH and the fact that the little ones are too young for some of the rides to do it at a relaxed pace. Finally, we don't have a buggy so we'd have to get one and I don't fancy parking it up and getting it back after every ride.

However, someone who has been to DLP with little ones advised my husband that it was a necessity for tired children.

What are your thoughts? To buggy or not to buggy? Also can you hire there or do they tend to sell out?

Thanks,

xx
charlie81 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
kansaskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Can’t advise on DLP as I know it’s not as big but in WDW the 3.5 and 4yo needed a stroller every single day and even napped when they hadn’t napped for years. It’s quite a big tiring holiday!
Old 4 Jun 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

I would absolutely take a buggy! We went last summer with our niece and nephew who were 3 and just turned 5 at the time and they both regularly needed them for a rest! DLP may be smaller than WDW but you certainly do still clock up the steps!

I'm not sure about the availability of the ones you can hire there but what I will say is that they don't look very comfortable! (certainly not for napping anyway!)
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I'm pretty sure that the Disneyland Park in Paris is actually bigger than Magic Kingdom in Florida. I read that somewhere, probably on here.

I think it depends on the child, but it might be worth erring on the side if caution and taking one. I guess if it's really not needed, it can stay in the room? X
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We went last year when my dd had just turned 5. Like you we hadn’t used a buggy for years, but I brought a cheap £20 stroller for her. She needed it, but then we did long days and no rests at the hotel. Although not as big as Florida it can still be a lot of walking for little legs.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsCupcake
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

two buggys! we went last year with 6 year old, 5 year old and 3 year old. both the younger two were in buggys a lot of the time. at the end of the night after the fireworks i put the older two in buggys and the little one in a sling!

i would buy a cheap one circa £10 off your local facebook selling site and take it with you. i would take two for your kids but minimum one!
MrsCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ShuGray
Imagineer

Mobile

We took one just incase, when DD was 4 nearly 5 and needed it by 3pm.

We will do the same this August when DS is 4 1/2. We'll leave it in the hotel and gauge his stamina after 1 day.

So personally, I would take one because a tired and miserable child, can make others inc adults, miserable and cranky. Even with rests!
Old 4 Jun 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I shall be taking one for my son who will be 7 when we go. He has special needs, is the size of a 4 year old, and will definitely need it.
It’s a lot of walking for tired, little legs.

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We took a buggy with a buggy board both times (first time with a 3.5 and 1.5 year old; second time with a 5 and 2.5 year old). My boys took turns using them but it was definitely needed. There's still a lot of walking involved.
Old 5 Jun 19, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

We went in November with my almost 3 year old and there's no way we could have done it without a buggy. We regularly walked over 20,000 steps each day and although she's a good walk there's no way she could have coped with all that.

We stopped taking a buggy when my eldest Daughter was 5 but even on that trip I still wish I'd brought one.. as by the end of the day she was shattered!
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List