Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Aug 19, 01:02 AM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Atlanta connection review

Just thought I'd write a quick run through of our outbound connection in Atlanta today-incase anyone was interested (I know I searched for previous experiences before we travelled)

Fly from Heathrow to Atlanta with virgin and onto Tampa from Atlanta with Delta (booked as 1 ticket through virgin website)

Online check in 24 hours before checked us in for both flights and allowed me to print off boarding passes for both flights.

Took off on time and landed in Atlanta 25 minutes early. We exited the plane, headed down an escalator and straight into immigration. Was not busy at all and took approx 15 minutes to get through.

Just around the corner was baggage claim where a lady was shouting the belt number for the flights that had arrived. Our baggage was already there circling the belt.

We then headed around the corner following very clear signs for connecting flights. They also had people shouting directions at you all the time so you knew. Just after immiigration and before security there is a large board showing you which gate all flights are departing from so it was easy to find out we needed concourse A. There was also the 2n bag drop for connecting flights here. It wasnt very obvious and could have missed it but again they were calling out to everyone directing them to drop the baggage off with them.

We then went through security again, no wait and took 5 minutes.

We continued to follow very clear signs to terminal train and the plane train as they call it from our landing terminal to terminal A took approx 7 minutes.

We were off our plane and at our next gate in 40 minutes. Aware it is not always that quick but in terms of the process and how helpful the people an signage was I would not hesitate to connect in Atlanta again.

Hope that helps someone.

Edited at 05:50 PM.
katnav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 02:11 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Hi KN, now for you to have a smashing holiday

We transit via Atl on our way to RSW and whilst we've always made good time we've never heard people shouting instructions. We too like how close it is from collecting our suitcase to returning for our Delta RSW domestic flight.

My bro/his family are flying Atl to Man tonight, but as Delta left RSW late, their layover reduced to 40 mins - likely sufficient time for many but as bro needs assistance it'll have been a rush for the 6:of them.

Thank you for sharing your experience

Edited at 02:13 AM.
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 04:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Thanks we connect Atlanta to Tampa on Thursday. We've got almost 5 hours there though as they changed our outbound flight from Heathrow.
Old 11 Aug 19, 06:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Thanks, glad you had a very slick transit. We have connected via Atlanta several times with no such luck. Long lines at immigration or security (or both) is the norm for us.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

We connected through Atlanta last month and again it was very quick and easy.
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile

Can I ask when you booked and how much you paid please?
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
steruth
VIP Dibber

Fabulous information thank you , we are connecting in Atlanta in October hope its as smooth as yours , thanks
xx
Old 11 Aug 19, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
Can I ask when you booked and how much you paid please?
I believe we booked approx october/November last year direct through virgin atlantic and paid £1200 for 2 adults and 2 children and that included baggage and seat booking.
katnav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by steruth View Post
Fabulous information thank you , we are connecting in Atlanta in October hope its as smooth as yours , thanks
xx
I was desperate to find information about the connections before we went as I like to get an idea in advance of what I'm doing and couldn't really find what i was looking for. Hope your connection goes well and it really is as clear as people say with where to go (even if the queues are long) everything is so well sign posted.
Old 11 Aug 19, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by katnav View Post
I believe we booked approx october/November last year direct through virgin atlantic and paid £1200 for 2 adults and 2 children and that included baggage and seat booking.
Thank you 😊 I am keeping an eye on this route myself - thanks for the excellent post 👍
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List