Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Feb 13, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post

:) New bride to be... introductions and advice =)

Hiya all!

Im a newbie to this site... so ill introduce myself first! i'm Elaine, and am going to Disneyland for my 30th birthday treat next year! My OH proposed at christmas, and so Im thinking about killing 2 birds with 1 stone so to speak!

So, Ive started looking at options, and its like a mind field!
We were looking at going out September 2014, just us and our DD who will be 4, nearly 5... However now there are 6 other ppl who have expressed an interest in coming (they dont know we are planning on getting hitched out there...yet! ) but are tied to the summer hols as they are mainly teachers so looks like it will be August 2014!

It is an intimate ceremony we are looking for, and i think at the moment im favouring cypress grove or the winter park chapel.. i had looked at getting married in a hot air balloon, but this is only viable if its just us and our dd as they only hold 6 people!
have any of you married at either of these locations?
can anybody recommend any restaurants local to either of the venues?
Am I better to book through a travel agent, or online direct with the venue?
Is there any other nice places that are suitable for a wedding?
Can any body recommend any other way of planning this, as its already kind of giving me a headache!
Any advice/ recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you xxx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 13, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsWoody
Very Serious Dibber

Hi Lainey, Congratulations on your engagement! I'm getting married at cypress grove in May, but there are tonnes of lovely venues. I was originally looking at Disney but decided on cypress grove when my guest count went over the limit for the Escape package.

The best bit if advice I had in the early days of planning was to contact Carrie from Destination Occasion, she has been fab so far. She might be able to give you a few options for venues.

Happy Planning x

May 2015 - Planning:Vero beach, 4nt Disney Dream, Dibb Villa @Westridge,WDW Dolphin & RPR Club level
MrsWoody is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 13, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi Lainey and congratulations on your engagement and forthcoming wedding. You are certainly in the right place to get plenty of ideas and advice. Happy planning, can't wait to hear about your plans
Old 10 Feb 13, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi Lainey congratulations on your wedding and welcome to the dibb I'm getting married at cypress grove next year it is a beautiful location but as said above there are lots of other locations in Florida it just depends what you are looking for. I have also booked through carrie from destination occasion who has been so helpful it may be an idea to get in contact with carrie as I'm sure she could help you out
Old 13 Feb 13, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
lizj1982
Excited about Disney

Hi Lainey, congratulations on your engagement. I'm also getting married at Cypres Grove in September this year, we've booked with Carrie at Destination Occasion and she has been fab. I initially contacted Carrie and also Cypress Grove who have an in house planner who were also really helpful but so many brides recommended Carrie we decided to go with her and haven't regretted it for a second. I've posted loads on here asking questions and everyone has been really helpful. Happy planning x
June 2013 - Dibb villa and our little boys first trip to see Mickey! Sept 2013 - Cypress Grove wedding and Emerald Island Villa June 2015 - Villa May 2016 - 30 weeks pregnant in Disney October 2018 - Our crazy princess' first trip
lizj1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 13, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
johnnygrayuk
Excited about Disney

:)

Hi Lainey ,
Congrats on your engagement, we too are getting married at cypress grove 2014, also arranging our wedding via Carrie at destination occasion she really has been fab so helpful ,so would definitely recommend her.

Good luck and happy planning

Traci & John
2010 Villa 3 weeks Formosa gardens
2014. Florida wedding
johnnygrayuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 13, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread