Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Jan 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

No Florida next year (not worth the cost)

In almost 30 years of going to Florida every year we have decided we aren't going next year as we just don't think it's worth the cost. We can afford it but with the increase in prices and the rubbish exchange rate we have decided to give it a miss in 2020 and maybe just visit some places in the UK (we've never even been to Scotland).

We will always have fond memories of Disney from our first trips, but it's just far too busy now and not enjoyable as it once was, even going off peak and using the busy day guide. We regret buying annual disney passes as they got little use when we went last month and will probably not get that much use on our trip this year.

I appreciate that not everything is about disney and in the past few years we have usually just done half a day at Disney parks (using our 7 day non expiring tickets). If our lotto numbers come up we will go next year as we will have money to waste, but I won't hold my breath😀

We are so grateful to have been so many times as for many families it really is the holiday of a life time.

The good news for dibbers is that I will still be on here (so no need to get upset) and we plan to return to Florida in 2021 (assuming the man upstairs allows us to - taking nothing for granted).

Edited at 11:34 AM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

You want to get one of those jars you put your coffee money in, I bet with how often you are in Costa you could save a packet and get to florida a lot quicker and probably be able to take a few dibbers with you 😉😉
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
You want to get one of those jars you put your coffee money in, I bet with how often you are in Costa you could save a packet and get to florida a lot quicker and probably be able to take a few dibbers with you 😉😉
That made me smile because I am of course in costa now, and I'm going to another costa later for lunch with Mrs MH (it's all go)😀

Mrs MH bought me a filter coffee machine for Christmas to try, and in fact I now now using it to have my afternoon/evening fix most days (using costa filter coffee).

Edited at 11:40 AM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
That made me smile because I am of course in costa now, and I'm going to another costa later for lunch with Mrs MH (it's all go)😀

Mrs MH bought me a filter coffee machine for Christmas to try, and in fact I now now using it to have my afternoon/evening fix most days (using costa filter coffee).
Mrs MH clearly wants to go back to florida then if she's bought you a coffee machine to cut back on your coffee spends... Were you there hammering on the door at opening time lol
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

Time to do new things, exciting !
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I hear you , we were going to defer to next year but after seeing the ticket price increase ( without the annual increase added yet) and the exchange rate we decided if we didn’t go this then we really wouldn’t be able to afford it next . Tickets now cost more than flights for a family. I normally book extras but we’ve said they have to go and it’s a basic trip this time. Sad as I’d really like to go 2021 as it’s my 50th as well but I have a feeling it will be too costly by then. Scotland is absolutely amazing so you won’t be disappointed at all.
We keep saying we need to go to southern ireland but not got there yet
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Im also passing and going to Scotland

ORLANDO 03,04,05x2,07,O8,09,10x2,11x2,12x2,13,14,15,16
LV x2,SAN FRAN & LA,CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN,BALTICS ,FJORDS,BAHAMAS,ITALY,
BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisaw1971
Very Serious Dibber

I’m going next Friday for a week with s friend, business for her, using our dvc points for me!

We aren’t going as a family until 2021 & that’s for my 50th!

It’s too costly even with DVC & there is a big world out there waiting to be seen!

Disney / Florida will always be our special place, just can’t be our go to place!

DLP Sept 1994 NY, 1998 SF, 2003NPB, 2005 off site, 2008NPB, NYE 2012 Explorers
WDW POR August 2013 14 nts
WDW POR August 2015 21 nts
DLP DCC AUGUST 2016 3nts
WDW DVC December 2016 10nts
Lisaw1971 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

We have visited Florida for the last three years and love it, but it is expensive. I know we could stay offsite, fly indirect etc to make the holiday cheaper but it still costs a huge amount of money really. We are not going until 2021/22 and want to see more of the world too. This year we have booked a week in Croatia and 11 nights in Vietnam for 3 of us for around the same price as 11 nights at Disney cost us for 2 people last year.

Enjoy your travels wherever you go Mickey. The UK is a beautiful country to explore, we spent a week in a cottage in Snowdonia last year and it was a wonderful holiday (although not a lot of Costa’s there 😂 )
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Haha... we are the opposite and have been going to Scotland twice a year (we had a timeshare) for nearly 30 years and now go to Florida! (But not twice) I’ve seen enough of Scotland for the time being but defo not had enough of Florida yet. 😃

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List