Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 19 Jan 19, 05:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Mobile Aulani - How popular is it for DVC?

We are buying into DVC at CCV and will be staying there in August (hopefully).

We are wanting to stay at Aulani in August 2020 using our 2019 & 2020 points. I am new to owning DVC but have rented points for years and whilst I know all the popular resorts for the 7 month window in Orlando, I have no idea about general availability at Aulani.

Is August a difficult time to find availability? Am I likely to get 7nts availability in August at the 7 month window?

I know no one can tell me for sure, but does anyone have experience of booking August in previous years?
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
MrBlueSky
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
We are buying into DVC at CCV and will be staying there in August (hopefully).

We are wanting to stay at Aulani in August 2020 using our 2019 & 2020 points. I am new to owning DVC but have rented points for years and whilst I know all the popular resorts for the 7 month window in Orlando, I have no idea about general availability at Aulani.

Is August a difficult time to find availability? Am I likely to get 7nts availability in August at the 7 month window?

I know no one can tell me for sure, but does anyone have experience of booking August in previous years?
Firstly, we love Aulani. It’s a long haul to get there, but I would strongly recommend it. It’s a fabulous resort and location. Given the distance we wouldn’t go for less than 2 weeks.

Availability for 1 bed ocean views tend to be pretty good, and right now only 12&13 are fully booked in August. July is also wide open apart from 1 night. We went in May, and dates 1 through 24 are available as at today.

Studios and hotel rooms are harder to come by. You would probably need to walk the reservation.
MrBlueSky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thank you.

We went to Hawaii in April and staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village in Waikiki. We loved it but yes, it’s one hell of a journey! We are looking at roughly 10th August for 1 week and combining it with a stay in LA for 1 week. We will be a party of 6 or 8 so hoping to get 2 x studios or hotel rooms, otherwise it will have to be a 2 bed and it will wipe out 3 years of points.

Can you walk reservations when they are not at your home resort? Sorry, I’m new to this side of things.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
MrBlueSky
Proud to wear my Ears

Thank you.

We went to Hawaii in April and staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village in Waikiki. We loved it but yes, it’s one hell of a journey! We are looking at roughly 10th August for 1 week and combining it with a stay in LA for 1 week. We will be a party of 6 or 8 so hoping to get 2 x studios or hotel rooms, otherwise it will have to be a 2 bed and it will wipe out 3 years of points.

Can you walk reservations when they are not at your home resort? Sorry, I’m new to this side of things.
Sounds like a fun trip.

To stand a chance of getting 2 studios at 7 months you may find walking the best option. Many frown on this practice, and it’s a hassle, but it is currently permitted, even for non home resorts.

Good luck.
MrBlueSky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Walking is less likely to work at a non home resort. Owners there can just book ahead of you so your walk becomes blocked.
Noodlez is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

As long as you don't mind what room view you have, I have no doubt you'll find a room at Aulani at seven months - we've stayed twice (and thought about staying a third time and checked availability) and there were many many options and choices.

However it is not my favourite part of Hawaii!
Old 21 Jan 19, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
As long as you don't mind what room view you have, I have no doubt you'll find a room at Aulani at seven months - we've stayed twice (and thought about staying a third time and checked availability) and there were many many options and choices.

However it is not my favourite part of Hawaii!
We don’t mind what view, would just prefer 2 studios. At least it seems there are several choices of view, that might help. If we have to borrow points and get a 2 bed, so be it. Would just rather not.

What is your favourite part of Hawaii? We stayed at Waikiki and it was lovely. We didn’t do the shops/restaurants on the main strip much, just now and again.
Old 22 Jan 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

We don’t mind what view, would just prefer 2 studios. At least it seems there are several choices of view, that might help. If we have to borrow points and get a 2 bed, so be it. Would just rather not.

What is your favourite part of Hawaii? We stayed at Waikiki and it was lovely. We didn’t do the shops/restaurants on the main strip much, just now and again.
We’ve stayed in Waikiki Beach a couple of times for four / five nights now and we love it - I know lots of people hate it but we love the ‘city beach’ vibe and especially the nightlife. We’ve been lucky enough to do the last two Halloweens there and it is the best night out I’ve ever had!

Also really liked the North Shore and East Coast on ‘Oahu.

All in all though we much preferred Maui, and I’d possibly choose Big Island over ‘Oahu too :-)