Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 7 Jan 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
lpd222
Trainee Dibber

I watched a man in M&S just before Christmas, walking round with his basket full of food & wine & then walked straight out of the door, basket still in hand. I looked round to alert the security guard but he was no where to be seen. I was firstly shocked at how brazen he was & then mildly amused that he had the guts to do it & get away with it.
lpd222 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyFromage
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by lpd222 View Post
I watched a man in M&S just before Christmas, walking round with his basket full of food & wine & then walked straight out of the door, basket still in hand. I looked round to alert the security guard but he was no where to be seen. I was firstly shocked at how brazen he was & then mildly amused that he had the guts to do it & get away with it.
I doubt that was his first time.

We attach security tags to our baskets for this reason
LadyFromage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
when i was at school in the early 80's two guys turned up in a van/overalls etc and loaded both the standalone cookers from the home economics dept onto a trolley and drove away with them.. no one challenged them as they didnt act furtive just strolled in...

a bbc micro (the schools only computer) was stolen in a similar way, someone walked in and walked off with it unchallenged...
My friend lay in her back garden sunbathing once and watched the house out the back of her get completely emptied by removal men (it was up for sale, and she only knew the owners by sight) - she even waved at them.
They weren't removal men! They took every last thing in the house and garage.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

This thread has become more entertaining than ANY of the Disney stuff! lol
deanobrown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Just awful
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

A few years ago one of our large serviced offices in Salford Quays (shared office building) 2 delivery guys turn up to deliver a large 55” plasma tv to one of the meeting rooms. Turns out the box they brought in was empty and they actually stole a plasma screen (taking it away in the box they’d previously brought in). The nerve of some people!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Also whilst at the same company (in the south), obviously staff had individual desks with drawers built in. We’d all leave our files & personal effects and usually our keys were left in the drawers as we all implicitly trusted each other. But things started to go missing- loose change, food, gift cards, mobile phones and other things. However the only CCTV was in our stock room (and quite hidden - most workers didn’t realise it was there including me!) & not the office area itself. Security fortunately view that footage and found 2 cleaners transferring stolen goods into a rubbish bag in order to get them out of the building.
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

I work for a company that supplies to retail (we own the brand). One of our customers is a mail order catalogue. The way it works is the consumer orders from the catalogue company, they then send it to us electronically and we ship the goods to the customer. If the consumer returns it, they do so directly to us but the catalogue company refunds them. One customer ordered a £55 pair of sheepskin slippers. They sent them back but when our returns department opened the box, it contained a horrible, dirty, old pair of cheap slippers. So this customer had her £55 refunded by the catalogue company AND had the slippers. There was no paperwork in the box and we sell so many, we couldn’t trace it back to identify the consumer.
Old 12 Jan 19, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
PJB71
Imagineer

Mobile

I was in MK on 17th with my ECV but promise it wasn’t me!
PJB71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Universal VR View Post
I work for a company that supplies to retail (we own the brand). One of our customers is a mail order catalogue. The way it works is the consumer orders from the catalogue company, they then send it to us electronically and we ship the goods to the customer. If the consumer returns it, they do so directly to us but the catalogue company refunds them. One customer ordered a £55 pair of sheepskin slippers. They sent them back but when our returns department opened the box, it contained a horrible, dirty, old pair of cheap slippers. So this customer had her £55 refunded by the catalogue company AND had the slippers. There was no paperwork in the box and we sell so many, we couldn’t trace it back to identify the consumer.
My mum used to work for Kays catalogue and this used to happen quite often with expensive trainers.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List