Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Mar 19, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Mobile What would you do?

I have had plumbers in and this is how they have left my rendering (it was only redone in October 2017(.
I know the holes can't be undone but they are not even filled. I have already agreed to pay extra to my original quote as they needed an extended flue so I have treated them fairly.
However I am not happy that it has been left like this.
Should I ask for it putting right?
Should I just expect it filling or should I pay someone else to sort it out out of my own pocket ?
Thanks in advance

Edited at 05:09 PM.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 19, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

It takes no time to fill little holes in, so a bit lazy of them to just leave them. The cement at the bottom of the vent looks like its not very level (sticking out), but it's hard to tell from the picture. Again this isn't difficult to level off, and again lazy if they haven't made any effort to level it.

I would politely ask them when they are coming back to finish off (hopefully they will get the hint).
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
It takes no time to fill little holes in, so a bit lazy of them to just leave them. The cement at the bottom of the vent looks like its not very level (sticking out), but it's hard to tell from the picture. Again this isn't difficult to level off, and again lazy if they haven't made any effort to level it.

I would politely ask them when they are coming back to finish off (hopefully they will get the hint).
Thanks, I mentioned the holes on the phone today and was told they were for pipes ? the cement isn't level you are right. They were finished today so aren't supposed to be coming back .
Am I being too demanding though?
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 19, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Nope - that’s not been finished properly. When we had our drive done the bloke took a chunk out of our step into the house. We had already highlighted this before he had finished but he hadn’t fixed it before completion. We phoned and reminded him about the step. My husband could have fixed it himself but I don’t like shoddy work. To be fair he didn’t put up an argument and came back and did a good job.

I hope you haven’t paid him in full yet.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 19, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Thanks, I mentioned the holes on the phone today and was told they were for pipes ? the cement isn't level you are right. They were finished today so aren't supposed to be coming back .
Am I being too demanding though?
I'm confused because if they've finished today what pipes are going where the holes are (sounds like they are telling porkies)?

I wouldn't leave it like that and would have taken an extra 30 seconds levelling out the cement they've stuck on the wall (stuck being the correct term).

I would fill the holes myself and not use the plumbers again. If it's not something you or a family member can do then ask them to come back and finish it. It's such a shame they don't have any pride to spend a few minutes finishing the job properly.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 19, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie View Post
Nope - that’s not been finished properly. When we had our drive done the bloke took a chunk out of our step into the house. We had already highlighted this before he had finished but he hadn’t fixed it before completion. We phoned and reminded him about the step. My husband could have fixed it himself but I don’t like shoddy work. To be fair he didn’t put up an argument and came back and did a good job.

I hope you haven’t paid him in full yet.
Thanks .No I haven't I owe the final installment and was wondering if I should hold some back but it feels a bit mean, but then again the money is the only incentive to get him back. I didn't know if I was being too picky. The problem is the guy I am paying is not the one that has been doing the work so he hasn't seen it .
Old 4 Mar 19, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I'm confused because if they've finished today what pipes are going where the holes are (sounds like they are telling porkies)?

I wouldn't leave it like that and would have taken an extra 30 seconds levelling out the cement they've stuck on the wall (stuck being the correct term).

I would fill the holes myself and not use the plumbers again. If it's not something you or a family member can do then ask them to come back and finish it. It's such a shame they don't have any pride to spend a few minutes finishing the job properly.
I spoke to the guy who I employed who has been my point of contact and explained about the holes and he said they will be for pipes. I may ask the builders to have a look but then I will have to pay more out to repair it. Thanks again for your advice
Old 4 Mar 19, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Thanks .No I haven't I owe the final installment and was wondering if I should hold some back but it feels a bit mean, but then again the money is the only incentive to get him back. I didn't know if I was being too picky. The problem is the guy I am paying is not the one that has been doing the work so he hasn't seen it .
As long as you still owe some cash on this then you have leverage. I wouldn't accept this as a finished job.
So I would be telling them to finish the job to your satisfaction and you will finish paying.

Were you there to inspect the final job before they left? Any good trades person would seek your satisfaction before declaring the job finished.
tspill is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
As long as you still owe some cash on this then you have leverage. I wouldn't accept this as a finished job.
So I would be telling them to finish the job to your satisfaction and you will finish paying.

Were you there to inspect the final job before they left? Any good trades person would seek your satisfaction before declaring the job finished.
Thanks, I was there earlier to see how the boiler worked. I completely forgot to check the outside (my fault) but I thought I would return to make sure the holes were filled and then realised later in the day.
Anyone know if it would need levelling tonight before it sets or could it be done tomorrow?