Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Jan 19, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Big Jim
Very Serious Dibber

We'd choose Sanford every time if we could but TUI have stopped flying out over the winter months which is when we prefer to go
Big Jim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 19, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mrs Chappers View Post
Did you fly on the dreamliner? I've always flown virgin but looks like economy no longer include in flight entertainment🤔?
where does it say that?

if anything you get a better selection in PE, but i doubt they would just rip out all of the seat back screens they have on the planes...
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
steviet78
Excited about Disney

steviet78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sanford is a great little airport and in my opinion much easier than MCO albeit it is a little bit further away. The Dreamliner is by far the best plane I have ever flown on, its quiet and comfortable (in both EC & PE). A couple of downsides for me are the entertainment system is not as good as VA although better than TC and the luggage allowance is pretty standard and you can only buy an extra 5kg pp.

Whenever we have flown Thomson/TUI we have always done it as part of a package and never had any issues, and the packages I have booked have always been competitively priced. Also if you go through Top Cashback you will get a little bit of money back too. The one thing I would never do with TUI is book in store, you tend to get a much better deal online. I also do not book cars or tickets with them as I find I can get these much cheaper elsewhere.
steviet78 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 19, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Toria
Getting Excited

We did a package holiday last year September with TUI. Flew on the Dreamliner and into Sanford. My experience we couldn't fault them, flight was great, Sanford is a nice airport and the drive to Orland is very easy... My only little gripe is that their Villas can look a little worn, ours was very clean and easy to find but just needed a little TLC in some areas.
Toria is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 19, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Drive from Sanford

Whats the drive time (rough minutes) from Sanford to Disney?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aayre View Post
Whats the drive time (rough minutes) from Sanford to Disney?
roughly an hour depending on traffic and where you are staying (we stay near champions gate and take the 417 rather than the i4)
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mrs Chappers View Post
Did you fly on the dreamliner? I've always flown virgin but looks like economy no longer include in flight entertainment🤔?
Originally Posted by wanye View Post
where does it say that?

if anything you get a better selection in PE, but i doubt they would just rip out all of the seat back screens they have on the planes...
Yes agree, anybody able to confirm or denounce this?
Old 11 Jan 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

No, they fly into Sanford. Why do you want to fly into MCO? Much prefer Sanford - the drive from the airport to accommodation areas is so much better and gets you used to the roads. They are so quiet. MCO is busy busy busy and not at all fun.
Old 11 Jan 19, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracy23
Helping Mickey

Yes, it was the Dreamliner. We flew premium and it was lovely. I was definitely a lot less jet-lagged than previous flights. I have friends who've flown on the Dreamliner too and they all enjoyed it.
Tracy23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Chappers
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

Virgin holidays website shows in-flight entertainment under premium ec only. It's not listed under economy or economy delight 🤔

EC- meals, drinks, snacks. 23kg bag and free seat selection
ED- all the above and extra legroom, priority check-in and boarding
P- above and IFE, Wi-Fi, extra large seat, 2 23kg bags and welcome drink
Mrs Chappers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List