Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Jan 19, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Chappers
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

Ignore the previous... when opening the option it is there in the main description. How misleading to not list it 1st like or at all on the main screen.
Mrs Chappers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 19, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
tapley
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mrs Chappers View Post
Thank you for your responses guys. Think I may give TUI and Sanford a chance. I've never package booked Orlando before, I usually book all seperately. Anybody have experience of booking with them ?

😊😊
Well worth we really prefer Sanford and the the leisurely drive down, however take the toll road not I4.
tapley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I have flown with Virgin, BA, TC, TUI and Delta. For me..

At the moment, B787 (Dreamliner), is in a different league to rival aircraft, at least until I have flown A350. Better cabin air as not bled from Engine bypass, Better pressurisation simulating 8k feet rather than 11k and thus less tiring as lower altitude, Newer airframes. 3-3-3 in economy.

If all airline offered exactly the same flight, at the same price, in the same plane and at the same time, then I would always take TUI ahead of the others (much prefer the cabin experience).

If I could pick any airport on a direct and for an Orlando vacation at the same price, then I would always select Sanford for reason already stated.

The big issue for you is that prices, planes, carrier and airport location are not all identical. Yet despite this, your proposal ticks the first choice option in every one of my criteria.

As for which company. I find neither to be in any way superior or inferior to the other.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
No, they fly into Sanford. Why do you want to fly into MCO? Much prefer Sanford - the drive from the airport to accommodation areas is so much better and gets you used to the roads. They are so quiet. MCO is busy busy busy and not at all fun.
What about those of us who can't drive? (In my case for health reasons). If staying at Disney MCO is far more convenient because we can use the Magical Express - it's not available at Sanford.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
What about those of us who can't drive? (In my case for health reasons). If staying at Disney MCO is far more convenient because we can use the Magical Express - it's not available at Sanford.
From May Tui will be including coach transfers with holidays to Orlando, which will be good for non drivers for both on and offsite stays.
pompeyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
steve68
Excited about Disney

Another thumbs up for us, flown Newcastle to Sanford many times. Much much better experience than MCO, customs and baggage reclaim then car all quicker. Flown on the Dreamliner too, absolutely a different experience all together. Good luck!
steve68 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 12:52 AM  
Link to this Post
DanniC
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We went with Tui and have booked again! Dreamliner is lovely and Stanford was quiet and quick to get through...

Port Orleans French Quarters April 2017
Coronado Springs here we come May 2019 !
DanniC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 03:08 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
Yes it’s a nice place in Indiana!

If looking for flights better drop the “d”
Easy mistake to do ( I know, done it myself, when no flights would come up on a search)
I blame autocorrect
Old 13 Jan 19, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Chappers
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

I've gone for it... booked 3 weeks next May flying premium on the dreamliner 😃.

Need to tell the hubby now aaargh!

Don't worry, I'm paying lol 😂
Mrs Chappers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List