Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Jan 19, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
M&S Premium Club

I have received an “invitation” to join this and am wondering if it is really worth £10 per month. Is anyone a member and, if so, what are your thoughts please?
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Cherrypie
Imagineer

Mobile

Ooh have they opened it up again? It’s free travel insurance (well in the cost) plus coffee vouchers and other vouchers I think x

The most magical place on earth
Cherrypie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
I haven’t read anything about travel insurance.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I don’t have their card anymore but looks like they’ve dropped the travel insurance.

My local stores (both home and work) don’t have a cafe so the drinks vouchers would mean a trip out of my way to use, so worthless. But even if that wasn't a problem for you, I’d still not factor the value in since it’s easy to earn free coffee so many places.

The main perk is triple points on spends so the worth will come down to how much you spend on the card. Would you earn more than the cost of the club? I’d say you’d need to be earning at least £60 a year in vouchers now (excluding bonus points/vouchers) with no plans to decrease spends just to break even.

Edited at 10:52 AM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
I have had my M&S premium card for quite a few years, I get and use all the free tea/coffee vouchers, 3-4 times a year they send me free vouchers to spend in store, plus the points vouchers each time I use my card but the biggest perk is free world wide family annual travel insurance and it covers up to age 80 whereas a lot of travel insurance only cover up to age 70 or add on a extra cost, it even covers the grandchildren when they travel with us. So a no brainer really.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
The travel insurance seems to have been dropped 😟
Old 13 Jan 19, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

We get free travel insurance with our bank so that's no use to me. Just realised I forgot to use my Sparks card again last week so I think this is a definite thanks but no thanks.

Edited at 11:22 AM.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List