Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Jan 19, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We had a chat a few days ago and decided we want to go to Orlando for as long as we can DH will be 68 this year and I'll be 60.
We're doing a 3 week trip this year and going to all the parks but we've decided in future it will be Disney one year and Universal SeaWorld and Busch Gardens the following year due to the cost of tickets.
Old 13 Jan 19, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Florida is a beautiful country, forget the parks and visit the Coast. Annemarie Island,Seista Key are beautiful unless theres a hurricane, there was when we went. Naples, Captiva, Fort Myers all beautiful unless there is red tide. We also had that I still loved Cape Coral and our beautiful villa, we just seem to be unlucky when we go beach wise! The dolphin trip was amazing, probably won’t ever go back to the parks and spend all that money or tickets when I can use it to buy seafood!
Old 13 Jan 19, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

After thirty years it's probably time for a change.
As much as I love Florida , there's so many other brilliant places I've visited I'd really feel I'd missed out if I hadn't rung the changes as well as visiting "old reliable" Florida.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We’re off to Florida this year for our 3rd trip, and the only reason we can afford it is because Disney gave us a complementary stay after we had some issues on our last trip. Next year I’ve promised the kids a beach holiday, so we’re off to Menorca for 10 nights in August 2020 - somewhere we’ve never been and the kids will love it as love snorkelling and the coves look beautiful. I’m considering a Florida return in 2021 as it’s my 40th birthday year but want to change it up by doing a New York/Florida trip or a cabin in the Georgia blue ridge mountains/Florida trip. But Australia is also on the radar as we have friends/family in Perth/Sydney/Brisbane so want to try and get out too. The world is a big beautiful
place, Florida will always be there and always be our happy place but for the money the holidays cost us we could do go to so many other places!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Toryn
Imagineer

We’ve been going to Florida since 1998 and most years it was Disney till the children got older and then we started to go to Universal .But in 2017 we decided to go back to Disney and I hated it.The crowds the cost of everything the not so friendly staff .Hardly got on any attractions things broke down regularly .So last year went back to Universal .So enjoyed it stayed at hard rock for a night the first week and a night the second week in Royal Pacific so that way got 4 days FOLPasses .We were upgraded to club level which was fab. So this year we’re really looking forward to going back to Universal and until my twin grand babies are old enough we will give Disney a miss
Toryn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I am of the same opinion. Have been to WDW lots of times and love it. We have also travelled extensively in Florida and the rest of the US. Paid my balance yesterday for a week at a moderate with tickets and free QSDP and have decided that that’s enough. They have priced themselves out as far as I am concerned. I will enjoy this trip but no more Disney stays in the near future.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

It seems I'm not alone, and I appreciate some people will do anything to get to Florida and fair play to them. For me and Mrs MH it's more a matter of whether we think it's worth the constantly increasing cost to go every year, and unfortunately we don't.

As I've previously said (and many others have), apart from the poor exchange rate making a big difference to the cost of Florida holidays, the parks have got very greedy with their yearly increases which is almost always way above inflation (in the UK and USA).

What has surprised me is how some people actually think that things are generally cheaper in the USA than the UK. Apart from fuel, almost everything is more expensive in Florida than the UK. Even in walmart the basics like milk, bread and most fruits are much more expensive in Florida than in the UK (Even my starbucks is more expensive in Florida than the UK).

The biggest shock I've had from this thread is someone saying that in Scotland I could be as far as 60 miles from the nearest costa/starbucks. I will therefore have to consider very carefully what part of Scotland I visit😀.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
The biggest shock I've had from this thread is someone saying that in Scotland I could be as far as 60 miles from the nearest costa/starbucks. I will therefore have to consider very carefully what part of Scotland I visit😀.
Haha! That's funny but just think of all the beautiful countryside you'll be driving through visiting the various coffee shops.
Could be a whole new thing - forget the North Coast 500 - how about The North Costa 500?
Get onto Visit Scotland quick!
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
It seems I'm not alone, and I appreciate some people will do anything to get to Florida and fair play to them. For me and Mrs MH it's more a matter of whether we think it's worth the constantly increasing cost to go every year, and unfortunately we don't.

As I've previously said (and many others have), apart from the poor exchange rate making a big difference to the cost of Florida holidays, the parks have got very greedy with their yearly increases which is almost always way above inflation (in the UK and USA).

What has surprised me is how some people actually think that things are generally cheaper in the USA than the UK. Apart from fuel, almost everything is more expensive in Florida than the UK. Even in walmart the basics like milk, bread and most fruits are much more expensive in Florida than in the UK (Even my starbucks is more expensive in Florida than the UK).

haha - 230miles from Lerwick to Inverness... (223 to Bergen - in Norway - which has 3 starbucks)
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List