Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 13 Jan 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Batman1
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile Recommend a large suitcase

Hi,

Maybe in the wrong forum but we are looking to get a large suitcase in the sales and would be most grateful on other's opinions or experiences with what to go for.

Would like something robust that won't break the bank
Batman1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Trouble3
Apprentice Imagineer

Trouble3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I have had IT lightweight suitcases for about 10 years now, small/medium/large. Only had to replace one, where the stitching around the zip went; they replaced it under warranty for a better/newer one. Can't fault them.

I have to go "lightweight" for suitcases as I tend to "pack the kitchen sink".
Old 13 Jan 19, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

We have the hard Tripp one's from Debenhams plus some of the IT lightweight one's from either Primark or Matalan. Think Argos might have an offer on at the moment for the IT luggage.
Old 13 Jan 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Trouble3 View Post
I have had IT lightweight suitcases for about 10 years now, small/medium/large. Only had to replace one, where the stitching around the zip went; they replaced it under warranty for a better/newer one. Can't fault them.

I have to go "lightweight" for suitcases as I tend to "pack the kitchen sink".
These are on offer at Argos the moment- I’ve picked one up after a post on here. It’s really lightweight.

I also have the Tripp large and medium cases as well as a hardcase one. We find that the hardcase one is not as good for our Florida trips- I find they don’t fit as much in and also are more difficult for our annual squishing the luggage as the trunk of the hire car is smaller that’s we anticipated episodes!
Old 13 Jan 19, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We bought some 'roxy'' suitcases x4 around 7 years ago. I know that Roxy is a female brand, but they are bright, I have only seen one other on a reclaim and they are thus very easy indeed to spot as they come up the ramp.

They have a polythene/plastic base with nylon/canvas type sides and top with a subsidiary expansion zip in order to grow them another 3 inches in depth when necessary. In addition to the zips, each has 3 x woven , adjustable straps with quick releases in order to make then even more 'burst proof'. Inside, there are net zip up covers for both half's (top and bottom) of the suitcase.
They have pull out handles and wheels. They are both strong and very light.

Those cases have been in the hold 8 times now and in the car boot for numerous 'excursions'. They are in 'as new' condition.

If I changed them, then it would be more of the same general type, definitely bright, unusual and identical.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 01:26 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
familybell
Apprentice Imagineer

We’re after new suitcases, previously had holdalls. Argos have a few deals on but undecided if it should go for the it lightweight or would I be better with the hard sided although they weigh more, any preferences
familybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Goosey-Lucy
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We got both of ours from TK Maxx, can’t remember the brand of mine, but my husbands is an IT one and it’s huge and sturdy, he loves it!
Goosey-Lucy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

I have a Tripp soft sided case and matching cabin case, both have wheels and pull out handles. They are still in good condition after at least 8 trips.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Mobile

I would recommend Kipling suitcases. Extremely tough with good zips and not too heavy. Expensive but they do have 50% off deals at times.
Old 13 Jan 19, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
familybell
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Seen these in dunelm, 50% off, anyone have any experience dunelm/product/aerol...lge-1000112775
familybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List