Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 19 Jan 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Mistakes can happen. I booked a dibb villa for last year and was asked for a deposit. Almost straight away I got an apologetic email saying the owner's spouse hadn't updated after taking a booking for the same dates as mine. The deposit was already refunded.
I do believe it was an honest mistake.
As I was booking way ahead I did find another villa which we all loved so no harm done but to be gazzumped months later, I'd be furious . There's something called integrity after all.

A dibb villa isn't a guarantee but for me I still like to choose an owner who is part of the community and posts something more than availability

I did look sideways at the posts defending the villa owner as I wouldn't want to book a villa belonging to someone who believes the villa owner was justified in cancelling a booking for a better offer.

Edited at 07:55 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
casterton
Apprentice Imagineer

First of all , I am not going to get into a slagging match regarding this post. It was my villa this lady was booked into and yes , she did book in 2015 BUT she wasn't the first to book these dates. I have regular guests who stay with me and have done since I have owned my villa which is 15 years now. It was one of my regular guests dates that I booked over due to my computer going down . I contacted the lady to explain and I am truly sorry this has happened but I am only human and mistakes do happen. I also refunded her deposit forthwith

I tried all ways to find her another villa in my price bracket to no avail. I also didn't try to fob her off with some story as to why I couldn't accommodate her. I understand it must be a disappointment but in this case it wasn't done on purpose.

From the tone of her original post , it makes out that Dibb villa owner do what and when we like . We don't. We care for our guests and keep our homes in tip top condition and we cater to their every need.

Thank you

David Astbury

Once again I can apologise enough for my mistake and I
casterton is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by casterton View Post
First of all , I am not going to get into a slagging match regarding this post. It was my villa this lady was booked into and yes , she did book in 2015 BUT she wasn't the first to book these dates. I have regular guests who stay with me and have done since I have owned my villa which is 15 years now. It was one of my regular guests dates that I booked over due to my computer going down . I contacted the lady to explain and I am truly sorry this has happened but I am only human and mistakes do happen. I also refunded her deposit forthwith

I tried all ways to find her another villa in my price bracket to no avail. I also didn't try to fob her off with some story as to why I couldn't accommodate her. I understand it must be a disappointment but in this case it wasn't done on purpose.

From the tone of her original post , it makes out that Dibb villa owner do what and when we like . We don't. We care for our guests and keep our homes in tip top condition and we cater to their every need.

Thank you

David Astbury

Once again I can apologise enough for my mistake and I
Just a question. If this villa was booked by your long standing customers of 15year. Why did you advertise that date in October?

So your saying you would have then booked 3 different guests in the same weeks?

Also wondering if you have actually charged the same amount of money for “whoever” is actually having that villa for those weeks now or if you are actually getting more out of it.

Edited at 08:40 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneygirlsSG View Post
Just a question. If this villa was booked by your long standing customers of 15year. Why did you advertise that date in October?

So your saying you would have then booked 3 different guests in the same weeks?

Also wondering if you have actually charged the same amount of money for “whoever” is actually having that villa for those weeks now or if you are actually getting more out of it.
Fair play to the villa owner for posting.

We all make mistakes... and sometimes it takes us three years to realise it.

Hope the OP is getting sorted so they can look forward to their holiday again

*I feel naughty now my post was edited within 7 minutes by a moderator. Now wondering how many others in this thread have been

{Admin Edit, your post was edited to remove a one line comment that was referring to another comment that had been removed, the original one line comment was removed as it was unfounded, not factual, unfair to the content of this thread and seen as just a comment to stir things! No other posts have been edited by admin!}

*Edit - then in the spirit of full disclosure I would like to add my comment only referred to the fact that it had been removed and that my comment was none of the aforementioned things! Interesting times
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress

Edited at 09:38 PM.
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Mobile

1. In my first post I in no way shape or form make out that Dibb Villa owners do when and what they want.

2. I made no reference to Dibb Villa owners not caring for their property or their guests

3. You never told me at any point your computer was down. You never mentioned long standing guests who booked before me. You told me and I quote

be honest with you l think lve made a mistake and deleted part of your stay and booked to someone else

Your attempt to tell a different story now makes me trust you less

4. Who books a stay in their villa if their system is down?

I cannot stress this enough, I am not and never would tar every other Dibb Villa owner with the same brush, as I said I have stayed in 2 different Dibb Villas before and left positive reviews for both

Colette
Our 1st Magical Disney Holiday!
Never Mind Epricot Trip report Oct 11
All Star Music and Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando June 2009
Sunset Lakes DIBB villa & HRH 15th October 2011
Esprit DIBB Villa 17 June 2014
Dubai Trip Report - just the 2 of us 30 Nov 2011
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I don’t own a villa, but as someone who takes bookings for events as part of my job, I agree that clashes and mistakes can happen but when things do go wrong really all you can do is deeply apologise. The customer/guest is not to blame for being upset and frustrated.

At the end of the day we do all make mistakes, but hopefully once we own up to them we communicate that in the right way.

I really hope you get it figured out Collette, I have my fingers crossed for you!

DLP | June 2015 | Dec 2016 | Sept 2017 | Oct 2017 | Nov 2018

WDW | April 2009 | Feb 2019
dreamisawish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Just go on Homeaway, hundreds of them.
I have always booked multiple villas pa with them and never had a problem. Just check it's been on for a while, good reviews, try and find owners house and look at it on street view, try to find their own website and make sure it all marries up, if you find a website search who.is on it to see if they are registered owner, Google their names, decent jobs (?) , Also in USA you will probably get their street on googling, check on Facebook. A bit of due diligence on any owner, including on here, is no bad thing.

Edited at 10:00 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I’ll put my hands up as an owner and tell you all that I’ve double booked once in 14 years of ownership. Mine was much worse, my guests arrived to find guests already in my villa. It was only a one night overlap but still a massive cock up on my part. Thankfully my fantastic MC had another home where they stayed for the night and of course I footed the bill.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Slightly alarming that it took the op to contact the villa owner for him to recognise that he had been overbooked for 3-4 years and not noticed, had she not contacted him and been happy with her original dates it could have been a very packed villa
Old 20 Jan 19, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Susan Coleman
Imagineer

Susan Coleman's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by col2501 View Post
1. In my first post I in no way shape or form make out that Dibb Villa owners do when and what they want.

2. I made no reference to Dibb Villa owners not caring for their property or their guests

3. You never told me at any point your computer was down. You never mentioned long standing guests who booked before me. You told me and I quote

be honest with you l think lve made a mistake and deleted part of your stay and booked to someone else

Your attempt to tell a different story now makes me trust you less

4. Who books a stay in their villa if their system is down?

I cannot stress this enough, I am not and never would tar every other Dibb Villa owner with the same brush, as I said I have stayed in 2 different Dibb Villas before and left positive reviews for both
Just wanted to add Colette has stayed in my villa and was the perfect guest
So sorry this has happened to you Colette..what a shock!
.would help if I could but am fully booked
Good luck with all xxx
Relax with drinks on the south facing pool terrace...
All day sun..fabulous lake view...beautiful sunsets...
Disney magic in professionally themed Mickey's room!

http://www.disneyvillaaurora.com
New pool mosaics and lights!
Susan Coleman is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread