Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 31 May 18, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Ok, here goes...

Best
- Getting kidnapped by Sully from Monsters Inc at Walt Disney Studios in DLP. He picked me up and walked off with me.
- Receiving lots of compliments and high fives from CM's for our MNSSHP costumes (we went as Indiana Jones & Short Round)

Worst
- Getting hot, bothered and having a spat in Animal Kingdom, then sitting through the Finding Nemo show just for the aircon, as we both dislike Nemo (spoilt brat, should have done as he was told)
- Terrible meal at 'Ohana, had looked forward to it and it was a total let down. Almost in tears when we left after being hustled out the restaurant.

Bizaare
Twice in one day we were asked if we were engaged/celebrating an engagement. Once when checking into All Star Sports, by the receptionist who offered us Happily Ever After badges, and then I said we weren't engaged/married, the receptionist turned to my boyfriend and asked why he hadn't asked me! Later that same day we were meeting Goofy in Epcot, he took my hand, looking for a ring, and when I didn't have one proceeded to remonstrate with my Boyfriend, who apologised to him!

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 18, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Imagineer2802 View Post
Omg, this happened to us once too. We had no idea there'd be a dress code! never felt so looked down on in our lives!
Oh, we knew but it was our last day and we were too busy wringing out the magic to bother to go back and change. Shame we arrived looking like we needed wringing out ourselves.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 18, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
lisa12000___
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Best

Walking down Main Street in 2015; I had been to wdw four times before the last previous being 2008 however I had had a miserable time since then, traumatic relationship breakdown, lost job and no money and didn’t think I’d ever get back; fast forward to meeting someone new who hated the thought of Disney but seeing how much I loved it had surprised me and said we would go, so walking down and seeing the castle really was like the first time all over again

Worst

Planning meticulously for our first visit in 2004 only to see that a hurricane was due a couple of days after we got there; we were the last plane out the uk and the parks were closed as Frances rolled through - I can remember feeling thoroughly miserable those two days

Bizarre

Getting off the monorail at the Polynesian after a couple who were on mobility scooters only for them to get off them once off the monorail and push them to where they were going and then almost run to the restaurant as they were late! Made no sense at all lol
lisa12000___ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 18, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Dennys
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

I love reading this thread... Here are mine...

Best memories

Too many... First time going with my then boyfriend (now husband), taking my parents and seeing how much they loved it, going with my kids and seeing how much they love it too...

And the food...

Worst
The post-Disney blues I get every time we leave!

Or THE holiday melt-down - still talked about now when I lost the plot slightly. I had gone to get some fast passes from Tomorrowland- back in the day when someone had to go running off as soon as we got to the park to get fast passes for later in the day - while my husband and kids went to ride dumbo and meet me outside Pirates of the Caribbean. I felt like I had been ages... but by the time I got there they were nowhere to be seen. 10 minutes later, I was convinced I had got the meeting place wrong and there was no way of checking (no mobile phones then!) I really started to panic and began marching around to Dumbo... then decided half way round that was a bad idea and went back to Pirates... then repeated this several times, getting more and more wound up... by the time they actually got to Pirates, I was verging on hysterical- which really isn’t like me at all - so my husband and kids turned up after having a lovely time to find slightly bonkers ranting woman... I’m so embarrassed now.. haha!

Weirdest

Again, something else we often talk about - frothy feet woman. We were in one of the parks when it started properly Florida raining. We put our ponchos on and carried on regardless. There was a family walking in front of us - the lady pushing a pushchair had obviously washed either her socks or shoes but not rinsed them... and as they got wetter the left over soap in them started frothing - more and more the further she walked, with her feet soon engulfed in bubbles... very funny...

Another one was the holiday where my (tee-total) mum struggled to stay on her feet... My American uncle flew down to see us with his new girlfriend- it was going to be our first time of meeting her & we had heard that she was very posh. We met in the hotel lobby - my mum was obviously nervous and we decided we would get a drink there, as there was a bar there. We said our hellos and went to sit down - my mum went to sit down at the same time as my dad moved her chair... and went flat on her bum -I’m still giggling as I write this - she was absolutely fine, just completely mortified!
Same holiday - we were waiting for her in the Croissant Moon cafe just inside IoA.. it had been raining - she cane running towards us, slipped on the wet floor - leg up in the air and straight down on her bum - again,fine but mortified!
Same holiday - she was carrying one of the children who was about 18months at the time - we were coming out of Epcot when she walked straight into a bollard - she said afterwards that she knew she was going to fall but didn’t want to land on my daughter - what we saw was a bizarre, super human twist in mid air - turning herself under my daughter and throwing her up in the air - then catching her again as she landed on her back... again, fine and not so mortified- more impressed with her skills! This was the first holiday we had been on with my parents - think my husband wondered what on Earth was going on!
Dennys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 18, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Eeyore rocks
VIP Dibber

Eeyore rocks's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

So many great memories...but my granddaughters face on the rides...😍

Worst...my husband losing the car keys in Aquatica... expensive day that was! 😡

Strangest...we was shopping in Walmart, and a lady bent over to get something from the bottom shelf, and her chicken fillet fell from the bra onto the floor! She just picked it up and popped it straight back in! 🤣

Orlando..Feb 1998, Jun 2003, Nov 2004, Dec 2008, Nov 2009, Aug 2010, Nov 2010, Sep 2011, Nov 2012, Nov 2013, Oct 2014, Sept 2015, Nov 2015, Sept 16, Jan 2017, Nov 2017, Jan 2018, June 2018, Dec 2018, June 2019, Dec 2019, Feb 2022, May 2023, Oct 2024.

Las Vegas..Dec 1998, Jan 2002, Jan 2004, Jan 2005, May 2006, Mar 2009, Apr 2011, Jan 2012, Aug 2012, Jan 2013, Feb 2014, Feb 2015 Feb 2016, Nov 2016.

New York...Nov 2018, Dec 2021.

Edited at 02:07 PM.
Eeyore rocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 18, 12:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisatink
Getting Excited

Mobile

Best moment...
We had arrived in Magic Kingdom and had been on the first ride of the holiday. After, I asked my 7 year old son which ride he wanted to go on next, he looked at me and said " what? I can go on more rides. He thought we had to pay and that he could only go on one ride.
Worst...
I am type 1 diabetic and had a hypo on the plane. I was unconscious and my husband noticed when I didn't wake up as the plane was preparing to land. He got out of his seat to get my sugar stash from the overhead locker but was shouted at by the flight attendance for being out of his seat during landing. I came round with paramedics pouring sugar into me and on one was allowed off the plane. Not one of my best moments!
Most bizarre..
Going into the tikki rooms after it was recommended by a friend.
Lisatink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List