Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 4 Jul 18, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Morethescarier7 View Post
Yeah I’m going to, I was just disappointed yesterday and voiced my opinion because I’ve been really looking forward to it and I’ve spent a lot of money to see it. Obviously we all do!
Anyway I’m not negative at all usually I was just sad to see a bad review
Have you seen Avatarland? Imo its out of this world. They were both new to me. Flight of Passage is like no other ride.

It was my honest review over one of the two rides. Perhaps Avatarland set my expectations sky high as it is incredible
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 18, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Morethescarier7 View Post
Yeah I’m going to, I was just disappointed yesterday and voiced my opinion because I’ve been really looking forward to it and I’ve spent a lot of money to see it. Obviously we all do!
Anyway I’m not negative at all usually I was just sad to see a bad review
Problem is, the whole Disney trip would be ruined if we worried about people’s reviews you only have to put up a thread about flights you’ll get people who hate a company and others who love the same. Same with hotels onsite v off site. POP v AoA. POR v CBR.

I certainly wouldn’t be “disappointed “ based on another persons opinion. If we don’t like it there’s lots more there to love , and as you say we have all spent a lot of money but we can’t expect to love everything

I’m sure you’ll have a fabulous time whatever
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 18, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

We went to to toy story land on sunday and loved the theming,enjoyed both the rides,great for the little ones.My 4 and 6 year olds loved it and my teens also enjoyed slinky dog,the theming was amazing, would like a play area there too

Edited at 06:18 PM.
nadya is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 18, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 766
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Two Tinks think alike

I agree, not everything is about thrills, spills and technology. Disney have “magic” and that’s what they’ve base themselves on, and long may it last.

Just noticed your countdown. Have a fabulous time
Awww thank you. So excited 😃😃😃

Proud DVC owner since 2007
I own at Animal Kingdom Villas and Bay Lake Tower
Tinkerbell 766 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 18, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Good overview. Interesting they all said not for m e for ASS

Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 18, 02:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Literally been rained out of Hollywood Studios as we speak 🤣. Visited last night headed straight for Toy Story, theming is wonderful, especially at night when it’s all lit up. Slinky Dog stand by said 105 mins, we waited 70. Really enjoyed it (and I don’t believe in waiting anymore - Heads Up is a fantastic way to pass the time, make some new pals in the queue). If I went day time and queued to be in, I’d probably be hot and cranky and not enjoyed it. Unfortunate about the shade but I feel that’s common here in Hollywood. I haven’t read through the rest of the thread but hope on return OP found it a bit more enjoyable.
My advice would be visit in the evening.
K x
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 18, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Wee_Red View Post
Literally been rained out of Hollywood Studios as we speak 🤣. Visited last night headed straight for Toy Story, theming is wonderful, especially at night when it’s all lit up. Slinky Dog stand by said 105 mins, we waited 70. Really enjoyed it (and I don’t believe in waiting anymore - Heads Up is a fantastic way to pass the time, make some new pals in the queue).
K x

Sounds great and we plan to visit in the evening too
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 18, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Problem is, the whole Disney trip would be ruined if we worried about people’s reviews you only have to put up a thread about flights you’ll get people who hate a company and others who love the same. Same with hotels onsite v off site. POP v AoA. POR v CBR.

I certainly wouldn’t be “disappointed “ based on another persons opinion. If we don’t like it there’s lots more there to love , and as you say we have all spent a lot of money but we can’t expect to love everything

I’m sure you’ll have a fabulous time whatever
I agree with what you say, but reseach and other opinions from people who have been and tried can influence your thinking. Look at tripadvisor.

Based upon these, i conclude the TSL is primarily for kids (its wdw after all), the food is average (good for some), Slinky does not inspire me to ride and there is no shade.

Will i go - yes, will this be on the top of my list - no.

For those of you with kids or like the look of the area, i hope you have a fantastic time, the attention to detail and themeing is very good and in conclusion, you are very welcome to have my fastpass for slinky.

Disney332
Old 5 Jul 18, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
It’s a ride aimed at 3-9yrs were you expecting something faster/thrilling?
Where does it say that? The official 'age interest' on the website is 'all ages'.

Just because something isn't 'thrilling' doesn't mean it's just for 3-9 year olds surely?

Sorry, not meaning to sound funny but as a Disney superfan it irks me when some rides are branded as 'just for the kids'.

I can't do really intense rides so I fully intend to enjoy it, and would never feel silly doing any Disney attractions aimed at all age groups.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List