Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Jun 18, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
lauraloop01
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
I can usually only ever eat 2 or 3 before I'm full!
I can get through one and about a third of a second. Completely wasted on me 🤣
lauraloop01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 18, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by pokerbanter View Post
Actually i think it Is to do with the card. Regardless of chip n pin it should have an extra layer of security.

I dont know what features fairfx has but having used Revolut i can say that the issue the poster is talking about is not an issue on Revolut because it does have the extra layer of security they want. Namely that you can enable/disable the card only at the moments you are using it, so losing it is not as big a problem as it would be disabled.

Hope that makes sense.
You can do that with a FairFX card too. You make it active or inactive. As you say knowing what the card can do is important so it does have that extra security if required.

Edited at 09:11 AM.
PPM is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 18, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DoubleDisney
Trainee Dibber

Mobile Hints and tips!

Just getting ready to start packing and thought I’d share some of the handy hints and tips I’ve accumulated over my past couple of trips to tackle long theme park days. Tried and tested!
Number 1: The Lanyard

We HATE queuing so hatched a plan to skip bag check. Having a phone and little pouch attached to a lanyard has stopped us needing to take a bag into the parks at all! We keep a little sandwich bag in the pouch to keep the phone dry when it rains or for wet rides (learnt the hard way for this bit!). Plus some money for tips, credit card and room card if off property.
Use hair elastics to loop through a hole in the phone case, or pouch or purse, and then loop the other end to the lanyard. Voilla!

Number 2: The Pocket

When I can’t be faffed with a lanyard around my neck I utilise The Pocket. Newfangled I know! I have bought lots beach dresses from M&S (about 20! ) and sewn Velcro into one of the pockets on each dress to hold everything safely. It’s big enough for a phone, cards etc. Also, these dresses fold so tiny I am able to just take hand luggage. No waiting around for bags at MCO for me!

Number 3: Comfy Ears

After many agonising days in the park trying to style out my incredibly tight ears I searched online for some tips. I read somewhere, possibly on here, about using a hairdryer to warm the plastic of the headband and then stretch it. This works a treat. I have utilised one of those cheap petrol station type balls as it is ideal for the stretching. I have found it takes two goes: first get someone to hold the ears (we put oven gloves on as it gets VERY hot!) whilst you hairdryer at close range all along the band for at least one minute. Then place them on the ball to cool over night. The next stage is a repetition of the heating but then place them on your head and hold/mould them into place as they cool. This sometimes needs two goes of heating and moulding.

Number 4: Right Suncream

I know this one is well known but feel it needs shouting from the rooftops! Ultrasun really is the best suncream. I put it on once before starting to get ready in the morning and never have to reapply all day long. I have the palest of pale Celtic skin and burn very easily but since discovering Ultrasun have never had a problem. We go to Florida in August as well.

Now, I have saved the disgusting ones until last. If you are of a delicate constitution stop reading now!
Number 5: Blister Proofing

We found that due to the heat and humidity in August in Orlando plasters just slither off, even the very expensive Compede blister plasters. I told you this was going to be disgusting. A generous shake of talc on the feet on a morning completely stops flip-flops from rubbing. I usually rub some onto the shoe as well as onto my feet. If I have a nasty blister I have taken a bottle into the park to reapply, however this isn’t totally necessary and I try to avoid as you need a bag.

Number 6: Leg Rub

We are not overweight so when this happened on our first visit it took us completely by surprise! It all started with a fateful visit to Typhoon Lagoon which resulted in an evening of agony at Hollywood Studios. The next day we hotfooted it to Uniqlo at Disney Springs and purchased some long pants. These were very tight and uncomfortable, however they did stop the rubbing. After much research we have subsequently taken Sloggi long leg pants. These are made of cotton and are ever so comfy. They are expensive though! Another tried and tested tip in this department is to cut down a pair of comfy tights. I find the M&S Autograph 7 denier ladder resist work really nicely. You have to cut them longer than you would think, start below the knee until you are happy with the length.

That’s everything I can think of. I do hope to have been some help to somebody! Florida is such a magical place and these little fixes have saved my holidays!
DoubleDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 18, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Such great tips
What a type of bra do you wear under those dresses?
Might look if m and s still have some
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 18, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DoubleDisney
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
Such great tips
What a type of bra do you wear under those dresses?
Might look if m and s still have some
I wear these (promise I’m not on M&S commission!):

They are so comfy. I’m a size 12 but buy a size 16 in these for extra comfort (don’t need much support!). Any bra works though. Last year I wore a ‘normal’ black one.
DoubleDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 18, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Will look for those also, thanks.
Hate wearing normal bras in the heat
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 18, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Paying it forward with best tips - THANK YOU!

Just a link to my other thread so I can pass on my tips - enjoy your vacations everyone!

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1098690
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 18, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mummypig
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 6
Mobile

Wanting to visit in April or July?

Prices?.
Weather?
Thoughts please? X

mummypig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWGunner25
slightly serious Dibber

WDWGunner25's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Just got back - some tips

Hi guys

So we’ve just come back from our wedding/honeymoon trip and found a few things that people just don’t seem to be aware of out there that made day to day theme park trips much easier, there are only a couple but they made such a difference!

1) Make use of mobile ordering at the quick service locations! Guys I can’t stress this one enough, NO ONE was using it but us! A couple of times such as at Caseys on a busy night, the queue was out the door, but we just walked straight up and collected our food in a couple of minutes. It’s all there in the MDE app, you select the location, it gives you the menu and even prompts you if you’ve not made the most of DDP if you have it! And then you just tell the app when your at the location and they sort the food - we found if you say your there a few mins before you are it’s ready within seconds of your arrival!

Other guests seems very confused why we were able to skip the lines and grab out food! Lol

2) They seem to want to keep this quiet but alcoholic beverages are inc in quick service DDP credits as well as sit down. Towards the end of our trip we had so many snacks etc remaining, my DW and I would just order 2 QS meals with a beer each - and a snack credit for a coke. DW doesn’t drink really, so I got 2 beers without paying $11 each and we got rid of another snack credit.

3) Even if locations don’t show DDP snack credits eligibility, they usually take them if you ask, or in places like Starbucks you can get a sandwich with your drink for a QS if you speak to them as well! Not advertised but a great way to save some money.

4) FP+ this was our first experience since it’s really been up and running (my last trip was 2014 and DW’s was in 2009 when we were CMs) we loved it! And if your savvy you can pretty much get on the day FPs for anything. Each day once we’d used our 3rd FP we would start booking new ones, and we never waited more than 15 mins even on busy days during the whole trip.

If your really lucky and just spend 30 mins or so over lunch (I’m not saying live on the app lol) or at the end of the day - people throw FPs in for everything as little ones become tired and even FOP and Slinky open up a bit!

Anyway I hope those few small tips we found help someone somewhere

Holidays : Calypso Cay Amerisuites - June 2005 Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jan 2008 Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista - Oct 2008 Howard Johnson Tropical Palms- June 2012 Ros and Jim's Villa - Oct 2013 All Star Sports - January 2014 Yacht Club Resort - October 2018

Edited at 04:58 PM.
WDWGunner25 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
First of all Congratulations on your recent weddings. Second of all thanks for your tips, mobile ordering is the way forward.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List