Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 17 Aug 18, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
wensleydale6
Excited about Disney

We’re off sooooooon!

Our itinararys has a bit of swapping and changing due to Red Tide :-( but I’m happy with what we’ve got so far and think the kids will be too, so that’s all that matters ;-)

Me, the wife and 2 x DD’s, 10 and 12, we train it down from Northallerton to Heathrow on Sunday afternoon, the train tickets cost a whopping £105 inclusive return for the 4 of us!

Overnight at the bath road Travelodge, haven’t worked out how to get from the LHR tube station to the hotel yet.

I’ve booked 1st class lounge at Terminal 3, I bought Priority Pass membership through Groupon, and I’ll take the family in as guests.

We fly at 10.35am with Delta to Detroit so can have a leisurely breakfast in the lounge. We’ve then got a 6 hour layover before heading down to Tampa. I’m hoping if we’re on time we may be able to bump to the earlier flight, 1 hr 42 after we land, this flight time changed it was a lot earlier but it might be doable now.

Collect our car from Avis, approx 11pm, I’ve booked a standard SUV with BA avios, and registered with Avis Preferred. Drive down to Orlando and stay one night at Rosen Pointe, cheap at £32 through BA. I knew we’d arrive late so booked a cheapy just to sleep.

Up early the next day and probably just mooch a little and have breakfast somewhere before we check in to HRH at universal, or at least bag drop and collect our tickets. We’re here for 4 nights so I don’t think we’ll have to rush the days. We’ll spend mornings in the parks, afternoons by the pool and back to the parks and city walk at night. I don’t envisage is going far and probably won’t touch the car.

On Saturday (day 6) we’ve booked NASA tickets so we’ll drive over to KSC, I’ve bought three tickets and one DD should qualify for a freebie, I’ve printed out the voucher.

This is where the plan gets a bit fuzzy, I’ve booked Grove Resorts for 4 nights in a 3 bed condo with access to their waterpark, looks really nice and new, but I don’t know if I’d rather stay on international drive so we could walk out for meals, undecided! Or! Stay over on the east coast, we’ll see, I’ve got until the 22nd to amend this with Expedia.

Then.

We check into AOA for 2 nights in a Nemo suite, and have booked tickets for our last night at the Magic Late night at Magic Kingdom.

I’ve signed up for restaurants offers and vouchers :-) we just need to fit in a bit of shopping, maybe out to Altamonte Mall, we got some bargains there last time, and maybe golf ;-)

Then the drive back to Tampa before flying home via JFK. and the long journey home before school starts!

Edited at 08:33 AM.
wensleydale6 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Think you might need a holiday after that! Sounds pretty good.
Old 17 Aug 18, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

We ll be in terminal 3 Monday morning
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
wensleydale6
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
Think you might need a holiday after that! Sounds pretty good.
The next ones all-inclusive Mexico in April, that should be a bit more straightforward 😂
wensleydale6 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
dannigizmo
Serious Dibber

Sounds great and maybe be nice that way all ur plans arnt set in stone be nice to decide nearer the time what yas fancy! Enjoy!
dannigizmo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List