Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 23 Aug 17, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ian180
Apprentice Imagineer

What unearthly time do you gete up on 'holiday'?

Just out of interest, I am seeing all these 'arriving for rope drop, getting at the park for 7.30am' comments, and I am thinking how early do you all get up for this?!

Whilst I am keen for the rides, especially FOP, I shudder at the thought of getting up before 8am on holiday as a rule! Of course, for a Disney holiday it is different, and DW and I do get up earlier, I guess around 7-7.30, then sometimes have breakfast (on DDDP), then get to the parks.

So, how early do you get up for a full on day of attacking the parks, and how do you feel about that?! What's the longest day you have done?

As said, just out of interest!

Thanks.
Grand Flo.'98,'99,Xmas'00,'02&'04,'06,'07,'09,'12-NewYork-'00,'01,'03,'05,'07,'12,'14,'22--Hawaii/W.Coast 2001; Vegas-'02,'05,'07,'08,'09,11,12,14,16,19,22; Singapore&OZ-'03;HK,OZ&NZ-'05. Canada'06,12; Dubai'08,10; China/Japan'08; Cape Town'09; South America Sep'09; Nicaragua, C.Rica, Panama '14; Alaska '16,'20; Boston&Cali '22;Iceland '23.
ian180 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 17, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Our body clocks never adjusted - 5am was the latest we could stay in bed. Too much fun to have!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 17, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
scarling10
Excited about Disney

For the average 2 weeks in Orlando I get up at around 6/6:30 most days. Half an hour to get ready, out by 7. Go get breakfast so we're done by 8 then head to the parks for opening.

This is the average day. Sometimes it's a little later, but I never sleep past 7:30 and If i've ever needed to [like I will for my coming trip with Flight of Passage and Volcano Bay] I will be at the park entrance a good hour in advance to get on a new attraction to beat the queues.

Call me eager, but I just love the place, even after a late 2am finish at Horror Nights i'll be up by 7 ready to go again. It's a manic 2 weeks but worth every second.
scarling10 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 17, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I struggle to lie for a while on my first week but it gets harder to get up earlier the second week.

Im another "non-rope-droper" it takes my husband an age to get up and organised in the morning, he's a nightmare. Plus I like a chill out with a coffee on the balcony before I can even consider getting myself ready, I am on holiday after all, I do plenty of rushing when Im stuck in the 9-5 routine
Old 23 Aug 17, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Usually 7.30, down in the breakfast room by 8.15am and off by 8.45, getting to the Water Park for Rope drop and a nice shady area. If we visit a main park which is rare now, we are at the turnstile between 7.30 and 8am but have done most of the new rides now so just do the rides randomly. Will wait a couple of years for Pandora etc.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 17, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

First part of the holiday we are up by 6-7am so early to parks. We slow down by around day 5, lie in a little later 8-9am and then stay at the parks for late evenings. Although I see many parks closing earlier now so not so many opportunities for late nights sadly.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 17, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I don't think I've ever been able to sleep past 5am. I do not adjust at all! But husband is another matter though, he adjusts automatically and I have a difficult time getting them all out the door at 7:30.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 17, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
**Tracey**
Apprentice Imagineer

**Tracey**'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I generally sleep till 8/8.30am. Generally don't have breakfast so get up and go straight to the parks.

Longest day we have had in a park was eleven hours in the Magic Kingdom. I thought it was awesome but OH who planned it said never again.
**Tracey** is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 17, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
curlysue2
Apprentice Imagineer

We were up at 6 everyday last year and 6 most days this year unless it was a universal day then as we were staying onsite at RPR we didn't have to be up that early.
Biggest problem for us is I am told I snore like a trooper and my son snores like a little trooper so wife and daughter kept hitting me or telling me to shut up so we were all awake lots of times before 6 :-).
The way we look at is we have spent a lot of money on the holiday and we want to maximise our days.
curlysue2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 17, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

Mobile

As they say you snooze you loose, get up do the parks early and plan for a swim in the afternoon.
tinkerella123 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List