Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Sep 17, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
ian180
Apprentice Imagineer

Memory Maker, a clever little thing!

Well, we made it through Irma, scary, but that's in another forum!

The day before MK was quiet and we did 7DMT twice with 15 and 20 minute line, which was great.

What really surprised me was we were walk on, didn't scan our bands, but half hour later I saw a fantastic photo and mini video had been uploaded of us, having a wail of a time!

How do they do that? What a lovely surprise, hope there's more to come... once we can get in to the parks that is...

Edited at 06:52 PM.
ian180 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
clairenutter
Apprentice Imagineer

Yeah I don't have an idea how it works. Same on frozen the photos just appeared! Mine dint how just as quickly it took till the next day for the video and photo to show from both rides. I knew we had had our photo taken on Frozen as I had seen the flash of the camera!
California - Sheraton Disneyland 04
DLP - Hotel Cheyenne 05
clairenutter is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
ian180
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

It's good isn't it? 😁 . And it's free as part of our package, not sure I would've brought it separately having been to Disney many times and have all the photos I need, but these extras plus just having photos taken professionally, say in front of the castle, something I would never have paid for, but this gives you access to stuff I never would have done, so I'm really pleased!
Grand Flo.'98,'99,Xmas'00,'02&'04,'06,'07,'09,'12-NewYork-'00,'01,'03,'05,'07,'12,'14,'22--Hawaii/W.Coast 2001; Vegas-'02,'05,'07,'08,'09,11,12,14,16,19,22; Singapore&OZ-'03;HK,OZ&NZ-'05. Canada'06,12; Dubai'08,10; China/Japan'08; Cape Town'09; South America Sep'09; Nicaragua, C.Rica, Panama '14; Alaska '16,'20; Boston&Cali '22;Iceland '23.
ian180 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
clairenutter
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by ian180 View Post
It's good isn't it? 😁 . And it's free as part of our package, not sure I would've brought it separately having been to Disney many times and have all the photos I need, but these extras plus just having photos taken professionally, say in front of the castle, something I would never have paid for, but this gives you access to stuff I never would have done, so I'm really pleased!
Yeah we got it as part of our ticket last year and have it again this year. Its not something I would have paid extra for but we absolutely loved it. The ride photos and magic shots we just loved and having both of us in the pictures was fab. Also loved that they took a number of photos each time and got you to do poses that you wouldn't normally have done. Really fab! Hardly used my camera last year!
DLP - Hotel Cheyenne 05
clairenutter is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

I think they link it with your Magicband so it must active the ride video and pictures without scanning your band.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

It's magic!

And the actual answer is there are long range rfid sensors in the ride cars that pick up your magic band
You can also get a video on tot
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
clairenutter
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
It's magic!

And the actual answer is there are long range rfid sensors in the ride cars that pick up your magic band
You can also get a video on tot
Yeah I got that. I also got a sort of video from Buzz light year! We looked so serious as we were both trying to win! Lol
DLP - Hotel Cheyenne 05
Old 11 Sep 17, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Wow clever, does this work the same with just a ticket you have in your bag say ?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Oxo_mom View Post
Wow clever, does this work the same with just a ticket you have in your bag say ?
Unfortunately not, no.

The MagicBands have a battery in them and a radio transmitter - hence why they are thicker. The radio transmitter transmits the ID number of the MagicBand and this is received by sensors on the ride. So, when your photo is taken, the ride knows which MagicBands are on the ride and links the photos to the Disney accounts linked to those MagicBands.

The plastic tickets don't contain a battery nor a long range radio transmitter. So, you have to scan the plastic ticket against your photo after the ride in order to link it to your account. Unfortunately, unless things have changed since I was last there, 7DMT doesn't have an area where you can scan your ticket and so you can't get your on-ride photo if you only have a ticket.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 12:11 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

It's pretty cool!

In addition to them automatically adding your ride photos, when I was there last week, at the end of it's a small world the boards would have your name on it. And in the queue for expedition Everest some of the posters would put your name on it. A few months back the hitchhiking ghosts on haunted mansion would hold up a sign saying they were headed to wherever you were from. Kind of cool actually. It's all from the RFID chip...
sky13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List