Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 16 Jan 18, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mysteryjimbo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bal View Post
One is a shop, the other is an attraction that you've taken your family too on a 9 hour flight at great expense.

Disney actually sell xmas decs year round... I've got no objection to that. It doesn't disrupt my holiday plans.

Not even a little bit comparable.
I'm 100% certain those 3 extra hours are not going to effect your enjoyment. Try attending and being confined to your room during a hurricane.

Adjust your plan accordingly on early closure and enjoy your trip. It is NOT the end of the world.
Old 16 Jan 18, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Mallky555
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I’m hoping for a party in august as it’s the only way we will be doing Disney this year 😆
Mallky555 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 18, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mysteryjimbo View Post
I'm 100% certain those 3 extra hours are not going to effect your enjoyment. Try attending and being confined to your room during a hurricane.

Adjust your plan accordingly on early closure and enjoy your trip. It is NOT the end of the world.
Daft comment. Nobody said it was the end of the world, it's just a bit irritating.

Those 3 hours contain the fireworks and castle shows, as well as generally the night time park atmosphere. Its a shame for anybody that missed out due to a Halloween party in August.

The things some people seem to miss is that not everybody goes for a 14 day all inclusive ticket.

Edited at 02:00 PM.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 18, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

They recently changed this to 6pm as people were abusing the schedule and hanging back to see the party. 6pm is the new closing time on party days
And next year it will probably be 5pm and the party ticket $50 more expensive.

Creep, creep, creep...
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 18, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mysteryjimbo
Imagineer

Daft comment. Nobody said it was the end of the world, it's just a bit irritating.

Those 3 hours contain the fireworks and castle shows, as well as generally the night time park atmosphere. Its a shame for anybody that missed out due to a Halloween party in August.

The things some people seem to miss is that not everybody goes for a 14 day all inclusive ticket.

I don't find it irritating. Just check the schedule and adjust accordingly. Its called being flexible.

Fireworks and castle show are a perk and subject to seasonal and daily variation. There's a reason they've added additional nighttime entertainment across the world.

Even if you don't have a 14 day ticket you can choose a different park on that day. They don't have back to back parties for that very reason.

Edited at 02:12 PM.
mysteryjimbo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 18, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mysteryjimbo
Imagineer

And next year it will probably be 5pm and the party ticket $50 more expensive.

Creep, creep, creep...
There will be changes I'm sure, but I doubt they will be so big.

Price has been increased incrementally, year on year and is having the desired effect of lower crowds and increased revenue. Its a business and the biggest survey complaint is wait times and crowds in limited capacity parks.
Old 16 Jan 18, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

I don't find it irritating. Just check the schedule and adjust accordingly. Its called being flexible.

Fireworks and castle show are a perk and subject to seasonal and daily variation. There's a reason they've added additional nighttime entertainment across the world.

Even if you don't have a 14 day ticket you can choose a different park on that day. They don't have back to back parties for that very reason.
Fireworks aren’t a perk, it’s included in the cost of the ticket and why they can charge £399 for a 7 day ticket.

Edited at 02:24 PM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

you're correct

but the thing is that, we're on a UK board. The vast majority go for 14 days or more. A very large fraction go on free dining, at times that are mainly blocked out for US guests who only have 5 days vacations on average and pay at least as much for those 5 days than we do for our 2 weeks.

yet ... look who complains ...

and, on a different matter, it's not about defending Disney no matter what.
The main gripe here is that Disney is having MNSSHPs in august and close early
but for all you know, they could very well have separate ticket parties for who knows what ... like MGBTSP (Mickey Goes Back To School Party) every 2 days during the month of August.
People would still complain

disney is about money, that's no secret. They will have parties or hard ticket events. They have early mornings, they have dessert parties, you name it.
yes, Disney will try to get money out of you anyway they can
and what's the big deal ... you're still going, right ?

and to prevent any "people will defend disney no matter what" comments, I've made the shift a couple of years ago and decided Disney was too much about money
I now spend all of my 3 weeks vacations in Universal, on AP, in August, and I'm so glad they have a MNSSHP on our last full day in Florida (last year, and this year) because that will be our only disney day, and we get this for a fraction of the price of a one day ticket.

peole get 14 days in the parks and whine because they lose a few hours on some days , I only get one half day of park time and I'm like a kid on christmas day

first world problems ...

Edited at 02:34 PM.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by laurad107 View Post
Exactly. I wouldn’t mind 1 a week but that’s 3days a week we can’t schedule to do an evening and fireworks in MK.
Looking at the last week in August (Sat 25th until Fri 31st), MK closes early on 2 days in the week - Tuesday and Friday.

Looking at the second to last week in August, it only closes early on 1 day in the week (Friday).

Prior to that, there are no early closures in the first half of August. So it closes early on a total of 3 days in August.

They recently changed this to 6pm as people were abusing the schedule and hanging back to see the party. 6pm is the new closing time on party days
Ah ok. Thanks.

Last year (in Aug, Sept, Oct) the Halloween party started at 7pm.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 18, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
and, on a different matter, it's not about defending Disney no matter what.
Personally speaking, I'm not defending Disney (whether "no matter what" or otherwise). I'm merely trying to explain to other people (not you ) why Disney are doing these things, such as adding extra options and more party days.

And it's because guests want more party days. There are plenty of people visiting in late August who want to be able to visit MNSSHP, so much so that they are happy to spend lots of money to get tickets for these things. If there wasn't, Disney wouldn't be extending the parties to more dates.

There are lots of people who complain that tickets for the dates they want are not available and that on the dates that are available the parties are too busy. They want more dates and more opportunities to go to these parties. Disney is happy to oblige.

Yes, that does mean that those who aren't interested in going to the parties get a few less hours at Magic Kingdom, and might miss out of the firework show, during that time. And I realise that's not good for them. But until guests stop wanting and buying tickets to these parties in August, Disney will continue to sell them. Because they are a business and that's what businesses do - supply something that has a demand and make a profit from it.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List