Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Feb 18, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
We don’t stay onsite and don’t plan, we are doing a couple of Disney Days and go with the flow. We would like to visit Pandora in Ak and go on FOP and I will try to get a fast pass. We are eating at Ohana and the rest is offsite, We did plan our first few visits but it stressed me up, now just enjoy the Florida sun and talk about what we are doing the night before. Just staying in The Villa swimming pool suits me!
It's fine to take that approach when you've been a few times but if you've never been before or it's your first visit in many years (which it will be in my case, 21 years since my last visit) then I think a certain amount of planning is necessary.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Eloise73
Getting Excited

I haven't been to WDW since 2006 - DDP was only a couple of years old, still pretty much walked on rides as we went in September - we planned but not to this extent.

If i'm honest i'm finding the fastpass bit stressful and its kinda killing it a bit for me. But a lot of that is also because we are bringing our 7 month old baby and i'm trying to plan breaks etc.

Realistically, the fastpasses may only work for one or two of us at a time - if baby is tired or just needs to be out of park one of us can stay behind with our 10 year old and keep going. We accept we may not be able to do a lot of them together as a family. Being able to accept that we may not get to do a lot of them will make it less stressful i'm hoping!

But honestly, in this day and age of mobile phones and tablets i'd much prefer a method where you only book your restaurant and/or fastpasses the day before or the day of your trip. Wouldn't it be awesome to be able to play a day by ear and just see how you feel that morning?

But you know, its Disney and I love the place so i'll put up with it!
Disney Magic Northern Europe - Summer 2022, Disney Magic Staycation, Tilbury - 2021, 2019 - WDW POFQ and Lake Berkley Resort , 2015 - DLP Cheyenne Hotel, 2012 - DLP Hotel L'Elysee, 2010 - DLP Hotel New York, 2008 - DLP Santa Fe, 2006 - WDW AKL and POFQ and offsite at Indian Ridge,, 2005 - WDW Offsite Windward Cay
Eloise73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Eloise I don't want to burst your bubble but you are in for a shock at how busy Sept has gotten!
Sd
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 01:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Eloise73
Getting Excited

Mobile

Oh I can imagine how busy September is now. Im hoping it will feel like the first time all over again as it’s been so long!

We are going in May and I’ve never been at this time of year so I’m going to just be blissfully ignorant and hope it isn’t as busy as Disneyland Paris can be during half terms etc

And I’ll have the lovely OKW resort to come back to and relax - 99 more days!
Disney Magic Northern Europe - Summer 2022, Disney Magic Staycation, Tilbury - 2021, 2019 - WDW POFQ and Lake Berkley Resort , 2015 - DLP Cheyenne Hotel, 2012 - DLP Hotel L'Elysee, 2010 - DLP Hotel New York, 2008 - DLP Santa Fe, 2006 - WDW AKL and POFQ and offsite at Indian Ridge,, 2005 - WDW Offsite Windward Cay
Eloise73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Eloise73 View Post
But honestly, in this day and age of mobile phones and tablets i'd much prefer a method where you only book your restaurant and/or fastpasses the day before or the day of your trip. Wouldn't it be awesome to be able to play a day by ear and just see how you feel that morning?
You can very much do that with the current system. And lots of people do just that.

Other than for a small handful of the really popular rides, most attractions are available to fastpass the day before. So, just prebook the 3 or 4 rides that are really popular and book the rest on the day. Or just skip those 3 or 4 rides for another time.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
bella
VIP Dibber

bella's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I haven't had time to read through all the posts so sorry if this has already been covered, I'm staying offsite so fp are available 30 days out I believe. I'm only getting a 2 day ticket so when I've decided where and on what day, I book my fp's. What happens if we can't go on the day I've booked for? Am I able to book for more than 2 days just in case?
bella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by bella View Post
I haven't had time to read through all the posts so sorry if this has already been covered, I'm staying offsite so fp are available 30 days out I believe. I'm only getting a 2 day ticket so when I've decided where and on what day, I book my fp's. What happens if we can't go on the day I've booked for? Am I able to book for more than 2 days just in case?
I'm afraid you'll only be able to prebook 2 days worth of fastpasses with a 2 day ticket. If you change your mind and go on a different day then you'll have to cancel the original fastpasses and rebook for the new date.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
bella
VIP Dibber

bella's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I'm afraid you'll only be able to prebook 2 days worth of fastpasses with a 2 day ticket. If you change your mind and go on a different day then you'll have to cancel the original fastpasses and rebook for the new date.
Thank you, I thought that was most likely the case, I'm just glad you understood the question because I wasn't sure I'd made myself clear! Ahh well, let's just hope we don't change our plans then, it's the weather that would be the main reason for changing.
bella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
kblackman
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cliftonite View Post
What you mean you don't already have those within your plan!

Completely agree, Planning is as complex as you want it to be. Certainly our planning is very different to our last trip in 2013, and our 1st week in Disney will be more "managed" than the 2nd week in Universal when I think we will be chilling more.

But don't be afraid to go 'Off Plan" if necessary - though that thought scares my OCD a little - it is sometimes the flexibility where the surprises happen xxx
I completely agree with this, one day we were in HS and had plans to see the beauty and the beast show and another couple of things and my husband said why don’t we leave and go over to boardwalk on the boat, I couldn’t believe he wanted to deviate from the plan haha ... but when we got there we had a lovely wander took a few pictures and had a few drinks in ESPN and it was a lovely afternoon! It was totally unplanned and we had never been there before!

It’s something that we are now putting in our plan for our first day! Love the random changes of plan

December 2020- Our First trip to Disneyland Paris
November 2018- Archies First Trip to Disneyworld
November 2014- Our Magical Wedding and Disneymoon
kblackman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Im not planning anything. The only thing I’m planning is bbb and discovery cove because you have to book a set date. We are just winging it and playing it by ear. It’s not for everyone and we won’t see everything but we’re not that bothered. Everyone holidays different and this is how we holiday 🙂
Picklepuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List