Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Mar 18, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
totally agree with Mexy, it is a great experience but worth it ...mmm no. The first time that we went, about $45 I think, well worth it, met all the characters & walked on everything. Generally not too busy, our last 2 visits, rammed! Now if it was rammed & still only $45, then I would still say worth it but ...I know last year was the first year that most Oct dates weren't sold out & general feedback was due to cost. Last trip & our next one, we always go to MK on our last day, in both cases this was/is a MNSSHP night, so the only way to stay, passed closing is to go to the party!
One thing I would say though is that if you can be bothered dressing up, it definitely changes the experience.
SD
DD has been planning an outfit for herself and me 😀. I agree $45 is acceptable but $80 pp for our dates (the price on ATD yesterday) do seem expensive. I feel we will do it as who knows if we will be there at the right time ever again, but the cost is a bit eye-watering.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 18, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 2017dream View Post
We went this year for our first time to WDW and MNSSHP...

We loved it , still have two sweets left and we went in Aug
Didn't do any meets as the ques were huge but did meet mickey so we had one with our costumes on

The ques for rides were walk ons which was great but for us seeing the headless horseman , the parade , fireworks and the best ,the Sanderson sisters show ..it was amazing
And i also got to do the konga with Mike Wazowski and dance with sully and george...so much fun

Is it worth the money , erm ? would i buy them again though..yes
You all look great 😀. It does sound like great fun, I guess once it's paid for, as with the whole Disney holiday, the price is forgotten and it's all about enjoying the experience.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 18, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by halloweenbaby2 View Post
For us its one of the best nights of our holiday, this year will be the third time doing it and is a must. Granted they aren't cheap but we have so many fab memories from the parties we have done and they are priceless. Us adults get as much enjoyment as our children do. The atmosphere in the park is amazing.
I put aside one of the sealed saving tins and used to save my £2 coins and loose change - first time I opened it it payed for the tickets and I didn't notice the money going.
This is what I will be doing, using a savings tin to cover the cost. I have budgeted the whole holiday so this will just be an added extra. I had considered booking a dessert party for DDs birthday, so this could be her birthday treat instead.
Old 15 Mar 18, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
It’s a strange one isn’t it , is anything worth it’s value at Disney , simple answer is no tbh. We all know they overcharge because they can and people will gladly pay it.
We were the same , our first visit was really cheap but now is £109 each ( comes hefty when’s there’s 5 of you ) and imagine how much candy you could get on Walmart for £500 lol . But the experience is great so you have to forget about the cost imo.
We did 31/10 again last Oct and didn’t find it busy apart from the character queues but we’ve done it twice before so sort of know how to plan it out and get the most from it. It was bitterly cold though and I do think the weather drives people in different directions as well as a lot left after the fireworks whereas we stayed as the last part of the night is the less crowded and better for walk ons. Don’t eat while in the park either, get something before 4pm and then a snack if you need to and do the candy queues to your hearts content, no one will bat an eyelid. We just went round the loop at one station multiple times lol.
The date we are looking at we had planned the morning and lunch at Hollywood Studios, hoping to eat at 50's Prime Time Diner, so we will have had a good lunch. We can spend the evening snacking and eating sweets 😀. What time does the park close on party nights? May as well get full value so go in around 4 until closing 😀
Old 15 Mar 18, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
2017dream
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
You all look great 😀. It does sound like great fun, I guess once it's paid for, as with the whole Disney holiday, the price is forgotten and it's all about enjoying the experience.
Thank you , it was my 40th family holiday, i'm hook and my sister is the pirate...it was so much fun and its the memories we have as a family that will last forever that out weighs the cost
We looked at it as just another expense of our once in a lifetime holiday that we might never do again
But we are desperate to go back and perhaps looking at 2019 or 2020..fingers crossed
2017dream is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 18, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The date we are looking at we had planned the morning and lunch at Hollywood Studios, hoping to eat at 50's Prime Time Diner, so we will have had a good lunch. We can spend the evening snacking and eating sweets 😀. What time does the park close on party nights? May as well get full value so go in around 4 until closing 😀
Without mnsshp tickets you are “evicted” at 6pm . With tickets you can go in at 4pm ( if you don’t have a normal ticket otherwise just go In And get your wristband from inside the park ) and the last ride is 12 as the stage show is normally at midnight so we left about 1am as Main Street is still open after hocus pocus.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 18, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Without mnsshp tickets you are “evicted” at 6pm . With tickets you can go in at 4pm ( if you don’t have a normal ticket otherwise just go In And get your wristband from inside the park ) and the last ride is 12 as the stage show is normally at midnight so we left about 1am as Main Street is still open after hocus pocus.
1am means plenty of park time then. I had thought it finished around 11pm, so it sounds better value than I originally expected. I'm pretty sure we will get tickets now, obviously it isn't 'value for money' but it is value for stay. We have the opportunity to be there for Halloween, so we should make the most of it. It looks great fun and DD is planning extra expense by looking at outfits for us both now too 😀. I think I will start saying Disney holidays aren't paid for with real money, just pixie money 😁
Old 15 Mar 18, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
1am means plenty of park time then. I had thought it finished around 11pm, so it sounds better value than I originally expected. I'm pretty sure we will get tickets now, obviously it isn't 'value for money' but it is value for stay. We have the opportunity to be there for Halloween, so we should make the most of it. It looks great fun and DD is planning extra expense by looking at outfits for us both now too 😀. I think I will start saying Disney holidays aren't paid for with real money, just pixie money 😁
I added so many extras last time they cost as much as the whole holiday I’m sure you will enjoy it , just don’t think about the cost and embrace the experience lol. Candy was all mars as well as they sponsored it all but we did miss the tootsie rolls and lemon heads this time lol.
As for weather we’ve had it boiling hot (in the 100’s in 2015 and in the 40’s in 2017 ) and freezing cold so choose your outfit wisely
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 18, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

We are still intending to go but as it will be our only Disney fix of the week, I intend to be there from the start to the very end to get our money's worth! 😂
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 18, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
We are still intending to go but as it will be our only Disney fix of the week, I intend to be there from the start to the very end to get our money's worth! 😂
I see it as being good value for an off-site stay. We also intend to be there from 4pm to the last bus back to POFQ to get full time there 😀